Please Convert SlamT1lts Nightmare On elmstreet Future Pinball release to VPX if he will allow it

HZR

Pinball Hall of Famer
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
elm street
as in the title.
thanks

Yes I know, wishing for someone to convert it to VPX
fp is graphic demanding and it takes forever to get the physics perfect. even slams tables need tweaked a fraction.

Woah... talk about a drama-filled title change, lol.

I'm guessing Jon is up to some fun pranksies just there on behalf of a mate.

Hey, @JonPurpleHaze, what's up? :)

Best Table ever....actually all of his are

Slam has posted on his site that he will allow anyone to edit his tables but won't allow them to be converted to VP.

I was expecting this.
Fp more demanding on gfx and the physics dont seem correct
Some table arent even playable. Certain ramps cant be hit or can almost never be hit.
If you tweak it a bit then a lot of times it throws something else off

I was mentioned in this thread and don't know why, I'm not a prankster...:jester:

I was expecting this.
Fp more demanding on gfx and the physics dont seem correct
Some table arent even playable. Certain ramps cant be hit or can almost never be hit.
If you tweak it a bit then a lot of times it throws something else off
Have you tried taking the basic table version, running it in BAM, and adding dynamic flippers? (can be done in not much more than twelve seconds, I shittest thee not)

It's a ridoinkulously-easy upgrade to the flippers that makes an enormous difference, and that's only the start.

I was mentioned in this thread and don't know why, I'm not a prankster...:jester:
Eh, some staffer had some fun modifying the thread title without leaving a note.

"Guessed the culprit wrong, perhaps I did."
--Yoda

Have you tried taking the basic table version, running it in BAM, and adding dynamic flippers? (can be done in not much more than twelve seconds, I shittest thee not)

It's a ridoinkulously-easy upgrade to the flippers that makes an enormous difference, and that's only the start.

Eh, some staffer had some fun modifying the thread title without leaving a note.

--Yoda

Yeah, I know about that. More technical. i have tweaked quite a few.
the ball may seem heavy compared to vpx or other tables but the tables are very playable.
Some of them needed a ton of tweaking some just a fraction or so.
slams and jps are usually near spot on.
I prefer , and it seems most dont, scroll mode. and vpx does not have that option (that i know of). However the tables seem more playable in vpx than fp.
also VPx is better optimized for low end pcs, and the whole reason I got into this was to finish my cabinet.

btw, pentium i7, 16gb ram, gtx 1070ti (8gb) so its not graphic lag

--Yoda
and I edited the post title, I forgot he doesnt like vpx and figured I should ad asking permission.

Slam has been adding dynamic flippers to his tables and adding his own version of XML. You could replace the XML that he adds to the script if you don't like the physics.

Slam has been adding dynamic flippers to his tables and adding his own version of XML. You could replace the XML that he adds to the script if you don't like the physics.
@hellrzr2k1,
George is real good with that stuff, so you might have all the help you could wish for right here in this thread(!)

Btw, Slam's table is all-original I take it? I didn't realise until a moment ago that it wasn't the Gottlieb / Premiere table. The project makes total sense to me now. :blush:

ok, let me clarify something. Im no pinball pro I play for fun. Most people dont even realize there is a theme and goals and that you can in a way beat the table. FP is better but I think vp is easier and, as I said, seems a lot less graphic demanding.
I build my cab for fun, changing the physics make the table easier.
I spent 6 months toying with FP and FOR MY PLAYSTYLE some of the tables were unplayable.

Elm street plays better for me with the p2.6 rather than the p2.7 and when I mentioned changing rhe physics a fraction or a tenth, its not because they were set wrong, its because it made the table easier. Changing the table height makes the table faster, but is pointless if the flippers dont have the power to shoot the ramps, or the gravity is so heavy the ball seams like a dead weight.

and thanks George, I know he updated his tables, Im pretty sure I have all the available updates, p2.6 and p2.7 and flipper power does usually make playing easier, but I found sometimes a heavier ball and less friction, even a minute bit, leaves the table as close to the creators design. Hopefully the people making the tables know more about this than I do.

I usually load a table and same the xml with bam, then I tweak it, or tweak the script
<ball newtonDamping="0" mass="26.01" gravity="4199.9" damping="0.258"></ball>
I change the script for more plays, changing the standard mass a tad from 26 to 26.01 lowering the gravity from 5000.0 and damping from .256 to .258 made a world of difference without changing the height or flipper mass or omega.

anyways, just dodging a bullet here and Im pretty sure its going off topic. And btw you cant even compare premiers elmstreet to slams,

If you have any tables that don't have new physics, you should try this tutorial:

You might want to try the XML portion to use on Slam's tables. If you experiment with physics quite a bit, you may find you need to increase the strength of the plunger and vertical upkickers in the FP editor with some XMLs.

If you have any tables that don't have new physics, you should try this tutorial:

You might want to try the XML portion to use on Slam's tables. If you experiment with physics quite a bit, you may find you need to increase the strength of the plunger and vertical upkickers in the FP editor with some XMLs.
and thats where VP comes it, the tables just work. thats really all I was getting at. I applied jps 3.0 to a few tables where "I" thought they seemed off.
I exported the physics to keep as org. and imported the 3.0 vpp file. Is that the correct way? it made a difference. I havent messed around with the physics in vpx as I usually dont need to.

The guide is for FP only. The XML play well on most tables.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back