PN loading time increased

yogiholzer

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
I noticed that PN loading time increased over the last (2?) weeks. It's at first request from bookmarks, when reading forum posts and after posting as well. Any reason known? I missed anything about? Anyone else noticed?

It's up to 1/2 minute or longer sometimes, but some slow always.

Upvote 0
I've noticed the site running slower than usual lately. I figured that since Jon likes to tinker with different modules, that either one of them is causing problems, or maybe one of the imternal settings has gone haywire.

Yup I agree something seems to be quite off, the site is slower than quicksand today, and usually to go from page to page there is a 5 to 6 second delay before the site responds. Today on the other hand, the delay is now anywhere between 10 and 20 seconds before the site responds and the pages loads in full, it took 17.7 seconds to post this reply:(

Yes there is a slight delay that I attributed to me now using Mozilla rather than IE.

Having said that it only took 2 seconds to post this reply.

Yes the site is loading slow, John is correct, I've been tinkering around with the Modules and settings and won't be done for a few weeks.
:userfriendly:

JonPurpleHaze said:
Yes the site is loading slow, John is correct, I've been tinkering around with the Modules and settings and won't be done for a few weeks.

Thanks for letting us know why this is happening Jon, just wanted to make sure we weren't the only ones noticing this.

elton said:
Yes there is a slight delay that I attributed to me now using Mozilla rather than IE.

That is good to know also, I am using Firefox as well and would rather put up with the delay rather than using the walking security hole that is IE :lol:

Slapnuts said:
elton said:

That is good to know also, I am using Firefox as well and would rather put up with the delay rather than using the walking security hole that is IE :lol:

I only use IE for testing, my browser preference is Firefox but Opera is kinda neat. The site looks different with all browsers and a few functions of this site were developed for Firefox but seem ok with IE.

I use Opera, and as far as I can tell, everything works perfectly for me. Although I guess if something didn't I'd have no way of knowing that.

Slapnuts said:
JonPurpleHaze said:

Thanks for letting us know why this is happening Jon, just wanted to make sure we weren't the only ones noticing this.

Should be much faster now and isn't optimized yet...
:)

Yes, the site is running much smoother now Jon. I would imagine there are a lot of things that can cause slowdowns, so thanks for tweaking things for us all.

tiltjlp said:
Yes, the site is running much smoother now Jon. I would imagine there are a lot of things that can cause slowdowns, so thanks for tweaking things for us all.

Agreed, thanks for your hard work Jon, the site is much, much faster now (thank god as a few days ago it was taking over 30 seconds to go page to page), great work:)

It seems to be faster now! Thanks.

Needs to be veryfied later as everything, means all other sites, seem to load faster right now here.

Thanks Jon

Seems considerably faster in the UK at least.

The screens also look clearer - have you changed fonts/sizes/lines etc? It appears so much crisper to me but my eyes are shot to shit at present so I wouldn't take this as gospel for everyone else! LOL

Hello again Jon.

The site seems very slow at present and it's taking 17 seconds to load a page. My last post in another thread did complete in 8 seconds but overall very slow site.

Been like this past couple of days. Are you tinkering with the modules again?

That is strange Elton. Up here in the great North (Canada), pages are only taking about 2.3 seconds each to load, not sure if there is something else at play or not as far as your internet routing to the site is concerned :D

site doesn't load really fast in comparison to others, but no great delays here

elton said:
Hello again Jon.

The site seems very slow at present and it's taking 17 seconds to load a page. My last post in another thread did complete in 8 seconds but overall very slow site.

Been like this past couple of days. Are you tinkering with the modules again?

Yes, I temporarily disabled page caching a few days ago (major changes to the site) but will activate it soon!

Thanks everyone.
Appreciate it Jon. :)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Isaac Sauvage has posted a new reply in the thread "How did you like that movie / TV show / book?".
      Back