Pole Position (Sonic, 1987) VP8

VP8 SS Recreation Pole Position v1.02 JP 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

jpsalas

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Here it is Pole Position from Sonic (1987)

In short: Very fast table, simple rules.

Thanks to Manuel and Dani for supplying the pictures, manual and testing. To Batansa for beta testing and tips. Also thanks to Inkochnito for his dip switch sub and also to Destruk & TAB & Gaston & Inkochnito for their older table, which was the closest I could get to a real table.

The table itself is angle independent, so just use it in portrait mode if you want. Of course the backdrop will not look right in another angle, since it includes the cabinet and the scoreboard. But the table itself doesn't use any decals or reels.

If your computer is older and it has problems with the GI lights, then you can disable them by commenting the line nr 25:

SolCallback(31) = "SolGi"

When playing the table press "R" to get the rules in Spanish. If you want to read them in English take a look at the rules in the table info. I have translated them from Spanish so they may not make very much sense :)

Happy playing!

JP

Attachments

• pole_position_jp_v10_323.jpg
    pole_position_jp_v10_323.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 801
Nice one again.

You're not a nudger are you JP?
The nudge is weak, too weak to be effective. Not a problem, or better said problem solved, but also sometimes the siren stays on after a tilt warning till the ball is lost.

Great job as usual.

Not actually :) I'm not a nudger. I just use what is default in the vpm scripts.

I have updated the table to fix two small errors:

- the ball sometimes hit the ramp rings
- the ball sometimes got stuck behind the upper left plastic, under the ramp.

JP

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back