POTC 3D Chest help requested

Runner

User
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack from Mars
Hi everyone,

I think the 3D model of the chest would need to be edited to correct texture issues with it. I haven't dabbled into 3D modelling or texturing 3D models so I am asking here if someone would like to do this?

Here is a screenshot showing the chest from the top part and you will notice the texture #4 stretches in the middle part. I had labelled them in the texture file (shown below) so I could understand how the texture was being displayed on the chest and why there were stretched out before I upgraded the texture for it. The sides of the chest lid, and the bottom backside (#1) is only using half of the bottom texture like the sides so that is also wrong.

Pirates Of the Caribbean GOLD 1.22.jpgtreasuremaptest.jpg
Pirates Of the Caribbean GOLD 1.223.jpgPirates Of the Caribbean GOLD 1.222.jpg

It looks like the textures were not created to accommodate the stretch needed to go over the top of the chest. I have seen this before but have never been able to fix it. I think it would take someone good with models.

It looks like the textures were not created to accommodate the stretch needed to go over the top of the chest. I have seen this before but have never been able to fix it. I think it would take someone good with models.
Exactly my thoughts but I don't know enough either to know how to fix this. I've seen Terry and others add 3d models to their tables so I imagine that they could have an idea or could help but if not, I guess I'll try to find a workaround and only update the texture resolution.

Did you try to import the chest from the VPX table (if possible) and if it works ask the author of the table to use that model?

I know people used each others resources in the past so, I'm just throwing the idea here because I don't know how to help with that.

You might also check for models of treasure chests on the internet. It might be difficult though to find one that will open and close from commands in the script. Too bad Paolo isn't around anymore. He is the only one I know that can work on models.

I could put the model and the textures to be able to correct it.
I will try to correct it.

Wow! Tomasco, I am glad your back!

You might also check for models of treasure chests on the internet. It might be difficult though to find one that will open and close from commands in the script. Too bad Paolo isn't around anymore. He is the only one I know that can work on models.
It's actually a three piece chest (bottom, heart and lid) so you only need the lid part to be remade or fixed. I tried it before by using a basic web based model builder and although it worked, the textures wouldn't apply. I then read that you had to set the "primitives" I think is what they are called for the textures to apply and I hadn't done that since the software I had used didn't have that function. So I think we can get away with just the lid being fixed.

Podría poner el modelo y las texturas para poder corregirlo.
Intentaré corregirlo.
Any help would be appreciated! Gracias!

el cofre es de piratas del caribe
Yes it is. I started with the POTC 1.09 edition of slamtilt and rom if you are looking for the models and textures. I've also attached them to this post. If it helps, I also included the chest top I had made, however the textures didn't work on it.

Attachments

• treasuremap.jpg
    treasuremap.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 18
  • POTC Chest base and top.zip
    22.4 KB · Views: 11
  • The chest top I made.zip
    31.1 KB · Views: 9
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back