shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
Figured it was time to show the next test table for se3 outside of my dev.

The game is Power Play, a very early Solid State pinball game from Bally, quite rare, as it wasn't produced in great numbers. This is using Visual Pinball, but NOT Vpinmame, all score and logic is scripted, and not run by roms. I started this a week ago, and progress has been very fast, in fact the graphics are almost done, just minor things left to be done.

I was lucky with being able to find source images for a few things, but most of it is actually drawn from scratch, and all done with photoshop. This is not a exact translation in terms of graphics, I decided to be artistic since I didn't have a lot of missing images, and those I did have were of pretty bad quality.

I already have my score and logic engine in place, so the rest of the scripting should be quite quick, so I expect it won't be too long for a build to be released.

The image is attached below of the table screenshot. You can see the larger screenie if you wish, but because I have anti-hotlinking, you have to click the second link to view the actual image.

http://www.shivasite.byethost22.com/files/powerplay_screen.jpg

Maybe a couple weeks, but also have to check Playboy as well, so be 2 builds released at the same time.

Attachments

• sm_powerplay_screen_175.jpg
    sm_powerplay_screen_175.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 716
The screenshot looks excellent and i was fortunate enough to play Power Play this past April @ the Rochester Gameroom Show!
Gotta love the theme, game play and Targets... :yes:

Well, I had to do it, with the finals going on. Maybe I will finish it before the series ends, seemed a natural.

Haven't played this one in 20 odd years though, but wasn't a bad old bally, and was a old Bobby Orr fan. Saw Don Cherry on the tube yesterday, wearing the most horrible suit made from Oiler team colors, and I realized the game I did, despite it's different colors than the actual game, were the Oiler colors. :)

Guess it was a subconsence thing.

Actually Jon, since you played it, maybe you can tell me about a ball flow shot. The VPM version is wrong in a few areas, which I corrected, but the question is on the 2 loops at the sides. After a shot from the flippers, where does the ball end up? Hitting the top gate/rubber wheel, or does it loop back down the other side loop lane?

Should mention scripting has been quite fast so far. There will be 3 skill levels like Playboy, these will be based on the pin settings. Just the drops left as the main routine, plus some smaller stuff. Hard to believe, I started this June 2nd. Has to be some sort of speed record for me.

shiva said:
Actually Jon, since you played it, maybe you can tell me about a ball flow shot. The VPM version is wrong in a few areas, which I corrected, but the question is on the 2 loops at the sides. After a shot from the flippers, where does the ball end up? Hitting the top gate/rubber wheel, or does it loop back down the other side loop lane?

Should mention scripting has been quite fast so far. There will be 3 skill levels like Playboy, these will be based on the pin settings. Just the drops left as the main routine, plus some smaller stuff. Hard to believe, I started this June 2nd. Has to be some sort of speed record for me.

About the shots from the flippers through the loops, the ball does hit the gate/wheel and allows for opportunities to keep hitting the Top Hole which i believe is the most important place to rack up on points. I never tried the VPM version but have played the VP version by Kinsey, check IRP if you don't have it, if i recall correctly, i think she mentioned that she grew up playing Power Play so she might have more info.

Thanks, guess my memory isn't that bad after all, that's how I have it. I played it when it first came out, but was 25 years ago, so wasn't 100% sure. Kind of missed a good shot there didn't they? Would have been a pretty cool visual shot. Not really worried about 100% accuracy, but it's close enough.

Almost done, just debugging the script, add that missing up post graphic, record some sounds and add some polish. Plays real nice, a bit faster than the orginal, but was a rather boring game in real life anyway. Really enjoyed doing this one for some strange reason.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back