Paolo

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Batman(Data East)
Hi everyone, I noticed a change in the of resources, in terms of prefixes....surely there was a discussion about this, as I understand now it seems, to be very useful to use many prefixes, for a single table.

I noticed it also on my tables, very well, but I cannot but say it, that some time ago I was "admonish", because I had asked for new prefixes.

I had ideas, but I had no luck put into practice ..... a new prefix was granted to me "recreation video game" at that time, now I wonder; if they are so important to finding a resource, why not create a new one like "Future Pinball"? since there is one for "vp8-vp9-vpx" ..... don't you think "Future Pinball" is also useful?

Kindly

Last edited:
Hi @wild, when the prefixes were initially set up there were discussions on adding them, the VP versions were deemed necessary even though the threads and resources should already be in Forums and Categories of Visual Pinball. The same applies to Future Pinball, hopefully the threads and resources are already in Future Pinball forums and resource categories.

A Multi-Prefix add-on was recently purchased and installed, I hope to be able to make some changes to the program in the future and will make a announcement about it, but it's working now and is an improvement, everyone can use it.

It was discussed to some extent on the Site Announcement thread here:

I hope to be able to make some changes to the program in the future
@JonPurpleHaze

Hi Jon,I can suggest anything that might be useful.....?

for example: for future pinball....you could also act for VP, in this way, reducing the number of prefixes in use.

1) replace "Recreation" with "FP Recreation"
Cattura.JPG

2)replace "Original Table" with "FP Original Table"
Cattura2.jpg

@JonPurpleHaze

Hi Jon,I can suggest anything that might be useful.....?

for example: for future pinball....you could also act for VP, in this way, reducing the number of prefixes in use.

1) replace "Recreation" with "FP Recreation"
View attachment 21026

2)replace "Original Table" with "FP Original Table"
View attachment 21027
Then you would need "FP Recreation Video Games" also.

I think the site uses the same "Recreation" and "Original Table" prefixes for both VP and FP tables. Jon may figure out a way around it though.

Then you would need "FP Recreation Video Games" also.
Yes, of course.

Another useful thing would also be to modify (which requires doing it often) the prefix Bam, you could add the version inside the prefix, so that to avoid always writing the Bam version in the description of the resource, it would avoid many problems

And...if I can, I can suggest a new prefix, that is "Questions", so if a user wants to open a thread dealing with a her specific question or topic ... well the prefix "Questions" would be useful.

Ok,apparently, my proposal or idea is not even taken into consideration ..... very strange, since now you can use the multiprefix.

however no problem.

Sorry @wild, I've been very busy and the Multi Prefix Add-on has been updated 4 times in the past month.

I'm still working on some program changes but get sidetracked by other site stuff, that being said, we can't simply replace "Recreation" with "FP Recreation", "Original Table" with "FP Original Table" and "Recreation Video Games" with "FP Recreation Video Games" the FP suggestion for these would have to be new additions because they are also being used by VP stuff. I still think it's not necessary and it would increase the number of prefixes, not decrease.

Prefixes named Help and Solved were added awhile ago, you can see some samples here:

@JonPurpleHaze
As I said above, there is no problem....

but I have a question ..... if you think it is not useful to use all these prefixes, then why have all those prefixes been added on all the resources? the staff member who performed this, took a lot I guess...no?

however a "future pinball" prefix fits us well

There is a key difference between VP and FP. VP has several versions and the table must match the version otr it won't work. There is only 1 version of FP and you can get a list of all FP tables here:

There is only 1 version of FP and you can get a list of all FP tables here:
what does the fact of the classification of a table have to do, with the prefix?

it is obvious that if you search under "future pinball" you have all the FP tables, but so... excuse me, remove all the prefixes if it is so easy to look for the FP tables, the reflection is spontaneous.... you don't think so?

in the resources section, the one on the front page, when you see a table with only an "original table" prefix, that is, like these 3 below......there are a million like that:lol:
Cattura2.JPG
Cattura3.JPG
Cattura4.JPG

@GeorgeH can you understand which classification it belongs to without glasses?

if instead as I do, I put this photo (in your opinion why do I also put the beckbox in evidence?) well... it is easy to understand that it is an FP table.
Cattura1.JPG

now, if next to the prefix "original table" you see Bam, well ... it is easy to understand that it is an fp table ..... but I repeat the question; look at the three photos above, and also look at all those that are found in resources like this 3 .... and tell me honestly if you understand what table it is with only an "original table" prefix or even worse (for me, IMO) if there is only "recreation.

it must also be said that this in red
Cattura5.JPG
is also noticeable, but it takes a pair of super glasses to see a small writing, among other things without a color, and also almost invisible, for me.

Last edited:
OK.....I made a change to my "originals" like this:
Cattura7.JPG
I added the word future pinball, so it is easier (for me) for another user to understand what table it is .... without having a special pair of glasses, to see the small writing.

I have also added in one of my recreation only to this table for now, because I think the staff would not like it ..... actually it is my table, I think I have some right on how to insert my table, and the written Future Pinball, for me it fits very well, since a prefix will not be created .........
Cattura6.JPG

I await your reactions, I hope positive:wink:

Last edited:
what does the fact of the classification of a table have to do, with the prefix?
My point is that if every FP table had a FP prefix and you performed a search for that prefix, your results would be the same as the results for the FP topic. ...But the decision as to what to do is entirely up to Jon.

But the decision as to what to do is entirely up to Jon.
Obviously.....but Jon has already decided not.I repeat again, for me there is no problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back