• Google Translate to French or Other Languages Click on the link and a new tab will open with this page translated into French.
    Click on the "To:" pull down option to select a different language. Users will not be logged in on the new Google tab.

Problems accessing PN

AnonTet

Pinball Hall of Famer
Site Supporters
@staff

I've been getting a lot of trouble accessing PN for the last few days. It is mostly very very slow and often I get a "Service Unavailable" message.

Are you guys doing some maintenance, is it just me?

shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
I checked the error code, it's 503.
A 503 Service Unavailable Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that a server is temporarily unable to handle the request. This may be due to the server being overloaded or down for maintenance. A 503 Service Unavailable Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that a server is temporarily unable to handle the request. This may be due to the server being overloaded or down for maintenance.
This could be a issue with the main server, or... one of the other sites is overloading with requests or has a DOS problem. (Certainly can't be us, this would be in the tens of thousands). The fact it is back up means the host may have reset the server, or fixed a issue caused by something like a php upgrade, so we will all see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Had a look, wasn't us, our traffic was average the last few days, and no abnormal/bad traffic activity.

Last edited:

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Consultant
Additional complication-- last I heard, Jon was waiting anxiously for his new PC to show up (the old one became crashy), but had the misfortune of it being shipped by dreaded FedEx.

So that all might explain the delay in him getting back online again, hence a potential extra delay in this case.

Anyway, if for some reason the site goes down consistently, there's always VPF & VPU to at least catch up.

AnonTet

Pinball Hall of Famer
Site Supporters
This has the smell of a (D)DOS of the host provider... In any case it's been good for hours now (for me)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot Mibs:
  • Chat Bot Mibs:
  • (Guest) CharlieCreston:
    (Guest) CharlieCreston: ****** ****** ***