Rants at VPF

tiltjlp said:
Well folks, since this is Jon's site, he has the final say on things, and so there won't be any more edited posts, period. I won't apologize for what editing I did, because I feel I was right, but since Jon's in charge, he calls the shots.

John

Do you think that maybe Jon could replace the "threads" (at least 3 that I remember) that he has posted and then deleted because he said stuff he wished he hadn't said? I even replied in one of them, so he deleted my post also. I don't reply in his outrageous threads anymore, because I know when he sobers up he'll just delete them. This only goes to show if you live in a barn you shouldn't throw around too much BS as it refreshes the stink. Maybe that should be a glass house and throwing stones, I can't keep those analogies straight. It doesn't really matter to me, but I am one of the VPF consultants that he was bashing :) Why would this place even need moderators then?

I would never demand or tell others how to run their site, when there are so many sites to chose from. VPF is different from most sites in that the staff has been told a particular way to run it, but doesn't possess any of the tools needed to make real changes. AJ holds the keys to almost everything and trying to discuss something with him is next to impossible. I understand the frustration that this has caused many people, but it doesn't look like it will ever change.

There is a reason why VPF has been so successfull... It's certainly not the fact that people are "use" to going there, that is a crazy assumption, IMO. It must have something to do with VPM :) I'm not really a VPM fan, but it is what the majority of people want to play. They donate to download VPM tables and they donate to thank the authors for the great VPM tables.

Now who is the GREATEST VPM author? If someone could find him and open a website and feature HIS/HER tables exclusively, I would bet that their site MIGHT even MAKE a PROFIT! WOW! Making a profit off VP! What an unbelievable concept!

Wait a minute.... I think someone called me a jerk! I got sidetracked, but I'll scroll back and see who it was so I can tell them to fuck off. 8)

Nice place you got here, maybe you should take the lock off the adults only forum, it seems kind of silly to keep it locked up. :D

I need to find The Shadow, He/she was looking for a new home. :wink:

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're all just a bunch of turkeys too me. :twisted:

tiltjlp said:
Greywolf said:
(Why do I post over here? Maybe because once in a fucking while it's fucking nice to be able to use the word "fuck". :))

Pacdude said:
I've managed to knock my spine out of whack in my new job over the past 3 weeks and had it snapped back into place today and frankly I'm in a lot of pain right now so I'm going to go now....

Pacdude, now THAT's fucked. I don't wish that on anyone.

Now be honest Wolfie, isn't 4 times in one short post just a bit of overkill? Much more impact when used sparingly, I would think. And this isn't directed at you Greywolf, but I have yet to hear a logical reason for profanity, and I doubt I ever will.

John

Heh, John, you crack me up sometimes.

Profanity is, as I'm sure you know, usually the bottom of the vocabulary barrel -- the dregs, as it were.

However, the fact that I'm not likely to go profane in a post should illustrate that I was just having fun, partially at the opportunity that VPF doesn't allow words like **** and **** and ****, or even **** to show up on posts. And if they don't allow words like that, you can be sure that 'fuck' isn't one they'll allow.

JPH: Yeah the name thing was overkill...I'm waiting to see what nic.b pulls out of his hat regarding this. If it's a restriction on usernames inclusive of existing users, I'm resigning.

Bible thumping? Moralist? ME? You MUST be joking. I'm about as far from that as I think you can really get.

Crikey you yanks are precious about the language you mangle ;)

Aussies swear all the time, to the extent that we have to be careful when we go overseas. Frankly, I barely notice the occassional Fuck in a post or a conversation. You can pretty much say Fuck on TV as long as it's not too early in the day.

I reckon the poms are pretty close to being as bad as us too.

Fair Dinkum, I reckon swearing is a bit of a non-issue. :razz:

DS

Hey bob, do we still need moderators, well yes, even VPFF had a few, though we will not edit or ban anyone, sometimes a thread may need to be moved or split if it goes off topic. Somebody has to be around to do the dirty work. :p

Yeah our good host Jon, deleting threads hey, well, I can't exactly recall that, though I'm inclined to believe you on that score. None the less can't say I've ever deleted a thread here and have no intention of ever doing so. Anyhows Jon won't be around much, other things to do, I find it rather amusing in some ways, he is just like AJ, almost impossible to contact or talk to, yet he holds a completely differing view on how a pinball forum should be run. All the same I have a lot of respect for him and everything he has done to make available to everyone this great recreation we call pinball, so I am more then willing to see this site run as he wishes.

I guess your're right about the adults only forum, perhaps we should just merge it into The Back Fence, dunno I'll leave that idea with tiltjp.

Oh, and if we're turkeys then aren't you just one of the flock.

Also this....you may not have edited many of your posts, though you sure as heck have edited your stance on many things. :twisted:

You can almost be sure, that it wont be a restriction on anything inclusive of only some existing users.

Strueth you really talk in riddles at times Shockie, what's with that?

Would you mind tring to rephrase that into something I can make sense of or are you just spouting bullshit again?

Greywolf said:
tiltjlp said:
Greywolf said:
(Why do I post over here? Maybe because once in a fucking while it's fucking nice to be able to use the word "fuck". :))

Pacdude said:
I've managed to knock my spine out of whack in my new job over the past 3 weeks and had it snapped back into place today and frankly I'm in a lot of pain right now so I'm going to go now....

Pacdude, now THAT's fucked. I don't wish that on anyone.

Now be honest Wolfie, isn't 4 times in one short post just a bit of overkill? Much more impact when used sparingly, I would think. And this isn't directed at you Greywolf, but I have yet to hear a logical reason for profanity, and I doubt I ever will.

John

Heh, John, you crack me up sometimes.

Profanity is, as I'm sure you know, usually the bottom of the vocabulary barrel -- the dregs, as it were.

However, the fact that I'm not likely to go profane in a post should illustrate that I was just having fun, partially at the opportunity that VPF doesn't allow words like **** and **** and ****, or even **** to show up on posts. And if they don't allow words like that, you can be sure that 'fuck' isn't one they'll allow.

JPH: Yeah the name thing was overkill...I'm waiting to see what nic.b pulls out of his hat regarding this. If it's a restriction on usernames inclusive of existing users, I'm resigning.

Bible thumping? Moralist? ME? You MUST be joking. I'm about as far from that as I think you can really get.

I'm glad I can help keep you smiling Wolfie, because sometimes I feel like spitting nails. And yes, I knew the reason you used profanity, which is at least a bit more sensable than the usual reason of shock value.

John

StevOz said:
Hey bob, do we still need moderators, well yes, even VPFF had a few, though we will not edit or ban anyone, sometimes a thread may need to be moved or split if it goes off topic. Somebody has to be around to do the dirty work. :p

Yeah our good host Jon, deleting threads hey, well, I can't exactly recall that, though I'm inclined to believe you on that score. None the less can't say I've ever deleted a thread here and have no intention of ever doing so. Anyhows Jon won't be around much, other things to do, I find it rather amusing in some ways, he is just like AJ, almost impossible to contact or talk to, yet he holds a completely differing view on how a pinball forum should be run. All the same I have a lot of respect for him and everything he has done to make available to everyone this great recreation we call pinball, so I am more then willing to see this site run as he wishes.

I guess your're right about the adults only forum, perhaps we should just merge it into The Back Fence, dunno I'll leave that idea with tiltjp.

Oh, and if we're turkeys then aren't you just one of the flock.

Also this....you may not have edited many of your posts, though you sure as heck have edited your stance on many things. :twisted:

Yeah, Jon's made a few of his posts vanish, but hey, that just adds to the quaint zaniness here. As far as the merging of the Adults Only Forum with the Back Fence, since that would be a form of editing, I'll leave the decision up to Jon. I'm planning on being as low key as possible. And I figure there's worse thing we all could be than flocked up turkeys.

John

I was giving my opinion that NB would not let this stand. This being the restriction on part of the membership. You know, the idea you and Greywolf have about Leo Wanker and PacDude being bound by something the rest is not. You know, StevOz, the name formating rule, or what ever you call it. It was just a idea I wrote down. My opinion, as is everything else I write. But I'm glad VPF staffers are calling it bullshit, it means it must be right. Actually I have no problem with this staff, other than the 'bullshit' I 'spouted' about not thinking that the rule had any reason, and that I think it was not moderating in any way shape, or form.

Also the English was correct. This seems to be proof that things here are not what you over there, or down under, think they are. And that you don't understand the meaning of everything that we here write. Proof also that you should not assume, or 'read into' things you read that you don't understand. Proof lastly that if you do these things, you could very well have it wrong.

I don't agree with what you are up to. But I listen (read) what you have to say about it without calling it bullshit, unless I feel it is, which would be you saying something I had good reason to believe that you did not believe. Someone can mis-state a fact, or get something wrong and it is not 'bullshit' unless it is, then the person would probably know that it is. Opinions are simply not bullshit. If you know this, what you said is bullshit, if you don't know this, perhaps it was not.

Actually I'll state this again though I gather it will never sink into your bias train of thought.

There is and never has been any name rule as far as I'm concerned.

It was a matter of each of them abusing the each others names to insult each other and personal insults are not allowed at VPF, just enforcing the guidelines that's all.

davidsss said:
Crikey you yanks are precious about the language you mangle ;)

Aussies swear all the time, to the extent that we have to be careful when we go overseas. Frankly, I barely notice the occassional Fuck in a post or a conversation. You can pretty much say Fuck on TV as long as it's not too early in the day.

I reckon the poms are pretty close to being as bad as us too.

Fair Dinkum, I reckon swearing is a bit of a non-issue. :razz:

DS

I uncerstood most everything you wrote in your mangled dialect except for what a "pom" might be? Would you care to enlighten this Yank? :p

John

That is not what NB said. That is not what the guidlines say. I never even heard the term guidlines in this issue till it was obvious that the rule appling to only PacDude, and to an infinitly less degree, Leo, was not going to fly. I'm not judging you on this issue, that's not my place. I'm tring to help by letting you know that Americans obviously think different than you folks, and are here to escape that kind of governing, alot of them. The needs of the many should outweigh the needs of the few. And members need to be treated equal to be happy, and not just themselves, we like to see others treated equal as well. Some more bullshit, if I may.

StevOz said:

Yes, I used to be very abrasive, but I've also noticed myself mellowing out a bit. :D

Sure, no problem Shockie, I can bullshit with the best of them, just ask bob. ;)

Thing is there are guidelines at VPF and they were applied equally, you see PD reported the pacdud thing for moderation, leon reported the Wanker thing for moderation. One desists from futher abusing anothers name, the other did not and recieved a D/A, it really was that simple.

Ho Hum....

Since some of us have been calling each other turkeys, and since Thursday is Thanksgiving at least in the US, here is a link to a Thanksgiving's Day e-card I received. Don't watch it if you're really hungry.

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=GM26534313

The biggest turkey you'll ever know. :p

I probably shouldn't mention this (but I can't help it). I saw a show on TV the other day which was from the Toronto Comedy Festival. In it a comedian talked about thanksgiving in the USA. He said that they still celebrate thanksgiving in the UK too - they call it Fuck Off Puritans Day!

I could say no offense but I think the comment was meant to give offense ;)

DS

I just think if you keep saying that that you will start to belive that Stevie. I told you Mr. is not a form of disrespect here. That is not bullshit. It shows you are upset with the person, but not unrespectful.
The guidlines don't say that one member has to do what another requests of them. It does not say that one member alone has to do what the staff requests of them. The guidlines are not even rules, they are guidlines. Rules are written statements (never in guidlines, as they are just guidlines) in a post that are expected to be taken by the membership as law, and has reprocussions. This was a rule. N.B called it a rule and spelt it out.

I would agree that it should have been a guidline issue, and delt with as so, but it obviously wasn't. It's only simple if you see it only one way. It's not as simple when you try to see both sides. I try to see both sides, but all I see is 'guidlines' Ok I'd love to hear what the guidlines have to do with a ruling that only one member has only one way to address another member. I'd love to hear a reason Mr. is abusive, in any part of the world.

StevOz said:
Actually I'll state this again though I gather it will never sink into your bias train of thought.

It was a matter of each of them abusing the each others names to insult each other and personal insults are not allowed at VPF, just enforcing the guidelines that's all.

And so you expect me to believe that using the title Mr. is a personal insult??? Get a fucking clue. Remind me never to call you Mr. Oz. You'll obviously shit yourself.

I was told to use Leon's full screen name and so I did. I don't recall reading anywhere that I can't use bold in that full name. So the whole D/A thing is bogus bullshit and only a moron would think differently. Then again, if the shoe fits....

Shockman said:
I was giving my opinion that NB would not let this stand. This being the restriction on part of the membership. You know, the idea you and Greywolf have about Leo Wanker and PacDude being bound by something the rest is not.

Oi. Shockman.

I think you really need to reread my stance on this.

I'm not in favour of a "name rule" or a "name formatting rule" or whatever. When I voiced what I thought was less heavy-handed than was proposed, I thought, "oh, good, a middle ground."

Then a full beat later: "Crap. What the hell did I just do?"

It is a common misperception that the details are what I was concerned about ("PacDud vs. the Wanker") (pardon me, gentlemen, this is for illustrative purposes only and not intended to be inflammatory).

In truth, what I was after (never you mind the blindness factor) was mutual respect, to a degree, between the two. That is all I was after, even if it meant that the two would agree to leave each other alone. This was pointed out more than once, but I think because some stuff was posted saying that "this rule applies to PD and LW only", that kind of defeated the purpose of the discussion in the first place.

Regarding opinions: They're like assholes: everyone has one, and nobody wants to look at someone else's. :)

Pacdude said:
StevOz said:

And so you expect me to believe that using the title Mr. is a personal insult??? Get a fucking clue. Remind me never to call you Mr. Oz. You'll obviously shit yourself.

I was told to use Leon's full screen name and so I did. I don't recall reading anywhere that I can't use bold in that full name. So the whole D/A thing is bogus bullshit and only a moron would think differently. Then again, if the shoe fits....

It's not about you or what you believe, never has been, though I guess you'll never be able to accept that.

Yes, yes, moron blah, blah, blah......you truly are the Master Baiter.

:blahblah:

The amazing thing to me is that apparently no one on the new staff has learned a single thing from the last time the staff lost all perspective. Mr. Oz, you and the rest of the staff are giving Leon exactly what he wants and he's enjoying himself immensely every time you put your back up in the air and posture like mad. I can just see him laughing his ass off about it all. Why should he say anything else? He has YOU to do it for him.

Then again, perhaps, just perhaps, it maybe you that has lost perspective?

It's a first warning FFS, get a grip dude, you can still post, no problems, you have Leon on ignore, why even bother mentioning him or his name in any way shape or form I know I wouldn't unless my intention was to address him or ridicule him, which all said and done he is quite capable of doing all by himself. :p

Ok. I'd love to hear what the guidlines have to do with a ruling that only one member has only one way to address another member. I'd love to hear a reason Mr. is abusive, in any part of the world. I'd love to hear why only PacDude gets a D/A. I'd love to hear why I would get only two posts edited that say the same thing as my and other's posts that are not edited. I want to hear your side.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back