Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

Gimli

Pinball Master
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Monster Bash
Gimli submitted a new resource:

Williams Rat Race 1983 - using BAM to Recreate and update Williams Rat Race for desktop, cabinet and VR

Rat Race Version 1 by Wild and Gimli
Thanks to Ravarcade for BAM !

Wild created the table build and some of the coding( lighting and sounds) for this table more than a year ago.

I coded the game play and the mechanics of the tilting table.
I added some music ( from Crash Bandicoot) and a Rat Model (Ratger Hauer) for fun.
I also added Polygames's VR room environment.

This game requires version 348 or higher of BAM
pressing either Special1 or Special2 key will rotate the table so you can...

Read more about this resource...

@xenonph needed to run FP “ as administrator “ to get this table to run

To be clear, I had to update BAM. I downloaded new BAM, copied new BAM folder over the old BAM folder, and overwrote when asked.
I still got the Meditation Error after that.
So I right clicked on the BAM shortcut on desktop, and went to Properties, Compatibility, and checkmarked "Run as Administrator".
Meditation Error disappeared, and I was able to play this awesome remake!!
Thanks for sharing this!!
I also agree about using mouse, as it seems easier than the arrow keys!!
Thanks again!!
Your work is appreciated!!
Carry on.

To be clear, I had to update BAM. I downloaded new BAM, copied new BAM folder over the old BAM folder, and overwrote when asked.
I still got the Meditation Error after that.
So I right clicked on the BAM shortcut on desktop, and went to Properties, Compatibility, and checkmarked "Run as Administrator".
Meditation Error disappeared, and I was able to play this awesome remake!!
Thanks for sharing this!!
I also agree about using mouse, as it seems easier than the arrow keys!!
Thanks again!!
Your work is appreciated!!
Carry on.
Thanks for the feedback !
There are some bugs I notice after level 5 that I am fixing and I have some ideas to make it more challenging in later levels

Wild may wish me to revise this game as time goes on , but I thought I would release it here for others to try.
No problem @Gimli ,I'm glad you finally picked up this project where we left it.
I certainly don't remember in which point or part we left it, I'm talking about gameplay, script, and above all construction, but I read above that there are other bugs to be corrected, if you want we could complete it.

No problem @Gimli ,I'm glad you finally picked up this project where we left it.
I certainly don't remember in which point or part we left it, I'm talking about gameplay, script, and above all construction, but I read above that there are other bugs to be corrected, if you want we could complete it.
Sure
We are in the middle of house renovation so I won’t have much time for a couple of months

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back