RetroFlair - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

SS Original Table BAM FP RetroFlair - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) 2.2

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
TerryRed submitted a new resource:

RetroFlair BAM Edition – PinEvent - Rom's classic FP table... now updated to the modern BAM Edition and now with PinEvent!

This is Rom's classic Future Pinball table the lets us jam to classic Arcade and Amiga tunes.

Only now it has been completely revolutionized with a massive TerryRed update now called BAM Edition.

Now featuring brand new Pac-Man, Speedball and Outrun modes and various new BAM features and updates that completely change how the table looks and plays!

This is also the first FP table to use the new PinEvent standard with support for DOF, MX Leds...

Read more about this resource...

Hi Terry!
Did you use a special program for the splitted PinUpPack Archive? I've tried 7Zip and PeaZip, but came up with file errors.
Re-download separted or as package didn't help...

EDIT: I've deleted .zip before deflating, now the archive is uncompressed...

Last edited:
Hi Terry!
Did you use a special program for the splitted PinUpPack Archive? I've tried 7Zip and PeaZip, but came up with file errors.
Re-download separted or as package didn't help...

EDIT: I've deleted .zip before deflating, now the archive is uncompressed...

Correct. I couldn't get large files to upload, so I ziped them up...but the site didnt like the *.001, *.002 extensions. So I added zip to the end. I mention in the instruction that you need to rename the files first before extracting them.

Wow... this looks fun, hilarious and impressive all at once!

Thanks for uploading this, Terry. In fact I was meaning to ask you FP folks if you could upload some of your favorite FP works here so we could get a good representative selection at PN.

Wow... this looks fun, hilarious and impressive all at once!

Thanks for uploading this, Terry. In fact I was meaning to ask you FP folks if you could upload some of your favorite FP works here so we could get a good representative selection at PN.

Yah, once I get a good beat on the other tables for Pinevent being good I can add them as well. The files for the pup-packs are very larger (1GB for jaws alone).... so most sites can't handle having files that big. The tables don't require that just to play...only if you want the fancy video backglass and PUPDMD, etc.

Which of these downloads do I need for desktop:

Retroflair - BAM Edition 1.4 (PinEvent 1.1).zip
RETROFLAIR_BAM_1.4_PE_PuP-Pack_1.1.zip.001.zip
RETROFLAIR_BAM_1.4_PE_PuP-Pack_1.1.zip.002.zip

Which of these downloads do I need for desktop:

Retroflair - BAM Edition 1.4 (PinEvent 1.1).zip
RETROFLAIR_BAM_1.4_PE_PuP-Pack_1.1.zip.001.zip
RETROFLAIR_BAM_1.4_PE_PuP-Pack_1.1.zip.002.zip

For PinEvent tables....always read the install instructions :)

Just the table zip Retroflair - BAM Edition 1.4 (PinEvent 1.1).zip

The other two are pup-pack files. Note... if you do at some point get the pup-pack files...read the install instructions, as they need to be renamed properly first before you can extract them (a workround to get large zips uploaded)

Get the new PinEvent install vbs files and redownload and ionstall BAM's latest zip (even though its still 290...it has a required update to the pup plugin)

Last edited:
This is someone else running it on their cabinet with BAM headtracking. (Their Backbox DMD screen is not the normal size...that's why it looks squished). Normally it doesn do that wobbling. that's because its tracking his head...not the camera. In person it track fine without any of that when done right.

The PUP Stream works nice and looks cool with BAM Kinect tracking.

Last edited:
The pup-pack for this table is now just one single zip file. So it should be easy to extract now.

Last edited:
How cool is THIS!!!!

Coming soon....

1605154763653.png

TerryRed updated RetroFlair - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2, FizX) with a new update entry:

1.5 - PinEvent V2, FizX, and table updates

BAM Edition v1.5

- updates to the table, layout, code, sound, music, items, lighting, models, etc
- removed older items / surfaces / lights no longer used
- adjusted table geometry to allow for better ball flow
- updated BAM lighting and post processing
- updated entire table's G.I. and lighting
- new insert models, lighting, textures, normal maps, decals
- new shadowmaps for G.I and flashers (made to work properly with ray cast ball shadows)
- new FLEEP mechanical sounds
- updated entire...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Oops.... the zip file was missing the actual table file! :)

Uploading a new zip now. :)

Update: and done.

And the .zip file ,cfg are for F-14 table. They need to be renamed ;)

Other than that, awesome stuff, as usual.

And the .zip file ,cfg are for F-14 table. They need to be renamed ;)

Other than that, awesome stuff, as usual.

DOH! I did it again! (damn mice in my ceiling have been distracting me, driving me nuts... I've caught 8 so far).

I just uploaded a new zip with the proper CFG files (which are different for this table compared to F-14).

UPDATE: Everyone needs to update their DOf Config Tool files "now" for the latest DOF update for RetroFlair BAM Edition (PinEvent V2, FizX)

Love the new update Terry! Just something I noticed (probably nitpicking at this point), but when you the into the areas with the flippers the shadows are good, but after exiting a ramp, something happens to them, I'll see if I can get the manual ball roller working right and get a pic of what I mean.
Amazing work on this though!!!

*So I enabled the manual ball roller, and the shadows are darker due to the flashers that hit it from going on the ramp. Sorry, I feel dumb, but amazing that lights like that make a difference now, I can't get used to the changes. Haha.

Last edited:
Love the new update Terry! Just something I noticed (probably nitpicking at this point), but when you the into the areas with the flippers the shadows are good, but after exiting a ramp, something happens to them, I'll see if I can get the manual ball roller working right and get a pic of what I mean.
Amazing work on this though!!!

*So I enabled the manual ball roller, and the shadows are darker due to the flashers that hit it from going on the ramp. Sorry, I feel dumb, but amazing that lights like that make a difference now, I can't get used to the changes. Haha.

Make sure you use the included BAM CFG file, and be sure you are using the exact FP Video/Rendering and Editor settings I include with the zip file / install instructions. Many people miss setting the Hardware Lights to 7 (which is essential!). Also, always completely close FP after exiting a table or before loading/starting a table again.

TerryRed updated RetroFlair - BAM Edition (PinEvent V2, FizX) with a new update entry:

1.6 - FizX v2.0 and new FLEEP sounds update

BAM Edition v1.6

- added xBAM.FixScore to prevent any possible score overflow crashes
- updated table and physics to FizX v2.0 (now use 1K Physics ball model zip file)
- updated PinEvent V2 Ball Rolling functions: new singular code for both FP and PUP SSF (no more smoke ball rolling code)
- updated PinEvent V2 PinMechSound code to support new FizX auto hit events based on PF materials
- added more FLEEP mechanical sounds to support new FizX dynamic ball hit events
- this allows for...

You are too fast for me lool.. I don't have the time to test all you updated table 😅😅

You are too fast for me lool.. I don't have the time to test all you updated table 😅😅

I was updating all PinEvent V2 tables for FizX v1.12 while I was visiting family for the holidays. I was doing it all on my Steam Deck :)

When you released v2.0 after, they were just "mostly" waiting for that new update to be finalized. So now it's just a matter of updating each table with fizx v2.0, pinmechsound, ball rolling, and new fleep sounds, etc.

1.7 - FizX v2.0 hotfix, settings, profiles, fps changes

BAM Edition v1.7

- updated to JLou's newest FizX v2.0 code
- added JLou's bug fix for ball falling into 2nd or 3rd set of flippers
- new FizX code no longer requires flipper Swing Angle to be specified in the FizX Flipper settings!
- FizX slingshots, drop targets, rubbers are now set in the FizX General Settings section (not in a FizX Profile)
- FizX XML_FPS is now set in its own section
- updated FizX Profiles to only change FizX Flipper settings
- there are no longer FizX Profiles used...

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back