Ripley's Believe It or Not! (Stern, 2004) VP9

VP9 Stern SS Recreation Ripley's Believe It or Not! (Stern, 2004) VP9 v2.1

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

mrschultz

Inserted Coin
Reaction score
I've uploaded my version of Ripley's

Edit: version 2.1 for VP9 has been uploaded see post #12 below.

Attachments

• screenshot_173.jpg
    screenshot_173.jpg
    229.4 KB · Views: 885
Last edited by a moderator:
RE: Ripley

Thanks mrschultz! Nice table, and it plays a little different than mine, maybe your is a little harder, and I like that.

JP

Re: RE: Ripley

jpsalas said:
Nice table, and it plays a little different than mine, maybe your is a little harder, and I like that.

Thanks JP, so far no complaints, I've been waiting for people to complain about balls melting in the ball lock, but I guess the game does a good job of tracking them so 3 balls never get in there. Two balls don't seem to melt, it's when you have 3 stacked up that you get melting with VP physics.

I did forget to put the black guards in at the base of the red ramps, I'll have to get back to it someday and do some cosmetic touch-ups.

Hello,

Can you please assist me as to where I download the files from?

Much appreciated.

If I could ask, is it possible to play the German table with the English language rom? I like this size table and find it runs quicker.

Most aapreciated to all.

Ok So I played the Elvis german version also. I really like this size table like the german ripley's. JP is it possible to ve able to play these table in english? Will an English version ever be available?
I really appreciate the great work you have offered.

Hello mrschultz, I am having a problen with your version as the ball seems to get stuck in the pot hole and doesn't come out. Is this a known problem?

Most appreciated.

Hello mrschultz, I am having a problen with your version as the ball seems to get stuck in the pot hole and doesn't come out. Is this a known problem?

Most appreciated.

I have got the same problem, first time playing the game. Too bad, this table seems to be a bit less recourse hungry.

I have got the same problem, first time playing the game. Too bad, this table seems to be a bit less recourse hungry.

Sorry, I never noticed these posts before.

Edit: It's a VP8.1 problem, just went into my old files and looks like I started to update this for VP8.1 but never finished.

The only easy solution is to move the magnet off the table, the hole in the table will not act like a real hole anymore but the ball will not get stuck coming out of the kicker.

You'll have to right click on the magnet and uncheck "lock", then drag it off the table like the picture below:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:
I just uploaded version 2.1.

Updated for VP9 to stop balls sticking.

Other updates for VP9:

Slingshot, flipper, and plunger strengths.
Graphics transparency settings.
Shrunken head magnet reworked.
Trigger on right ramp updated so ball can't fly over it.
Some elasticities changed.
Table angle increased.

So, it now plays best in VP9, not as well in VP8.

Later,
Marty

hawyer said:
I love this table, but It's made to be played on 4:3
I don't get it. Isn't this one made in a 4:3 aspect ratio...?

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back