Flippered Out
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Attack From Mars
GeorgeH submitted a new resource:

Robots Invasion - Robots Invasion 1.7 by Polygame and GeorgeH

NOTE: This table uses Dynamic Flippers and Lighting that require use of BAM v1.4-267 (or later) to be installed which was released on November 9, 2019. I also added some script from BAM version v1.5-290 that changes the appearance of the ball. I have added some coding that will ignore this coding if you don't have version 290 installed yet. It is very easy to upgrade. You can download the most current version at the following link. This installation file installs Future Pinball and BAM at...

Read more about this resource...

Cool! And is there a basic summary for the game? I'm thinking that might be good to place at the beginning of the description, before the notes of BAM requirement and table development.

Basic summary? I'm not sure what you mean. There is a section with rules.

I swapped the write ups for version 1.05 and 1.06 so that 1.05 is first. It makes more sense now.

I have found from previous experience that I need to post the BAM requirements first. If I don't, I have found that people complain that the table does not work when the only problem is they do not have BAM installed or are using an old version.

I swapped the write ups for version 1.05 and 1.06 so that 1.05 is first. It makes more sense now.

I have found from previous experience that I need to post the BAM requirements first. If I don't, I have found that people complain that the table does not work when the only problem is they do not have BAM installed or are using an old version.
Yeah, it makes more sense, now. Thank you.

A basic summary would be really good for people unfamiliar with the table and/or the history of its creation and/or mods. Someone like that will probably start with the idea that the game has... something to do with a robot invasion? But what, exactly? That's why, if there's a theme, backstory or other strong characteristics about the table, then the lead paragraph, or basic summary, would be a good place to put it.

Some examples I've written:
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/i...r-by-per-thulin-misaligned-cow-ventures.5594/
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?resources/pinbot-2002.5621/
https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/index.php?resources/arkanoid-by-ken-atherton.5599/

Btw, if you take a look at "Hamster," you'll notice that I put the rulesheet in quotes, which automatically abridges it. This lets people skip down easily to the screenshots to take a look, then click on the rulesheet to auto-expand it if necessary.

Adding basic summaries and using quotes sections is a super-useful way to give people a quick look at a table to decide if they like it, instead of having them laboriously scroll up and down the page.

I take your point about the BAM info needing to be placed high at the top. Personally I think it would be fine coming right after the basic summary. Or if you were still worried about peoples' attention spans, you could always include a note at the very top: "Note: Requires current BAM version. See below for more info."

And then have the BAM install info [quoted] a little lower down.

These are all just well-meaning suggestions, of course. Do with them what you will. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back