Williams Scorpion (Williams, 1980) System 6 - No blanking signal

bobby_Fower

Pinball Nudger
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Medieval madness
Hello.

I have a Scorpion where I have replaced the MPU and Driverboard with new boards from Kohout. When I try to power it up, the LEDs tells me that there is no Blanking signal, so the pin dont start.I have replaced all caps on the Powersupply board, and have 5,01 V, and 12,12V in to the MPU card. On the driverboard on J8, I have 4,96V.

When I try to find ways to check this, this there only articles about different IC on the MPU and Driverboard, that has to be checked. Since this boards are new, would I guess that this components are working.

Is there any other errors that can cause a missing blanking signal? Like a Solenoid or a error on the master display card? If someone has a tip it would be much appreciated.

Hello.

I have a Scorpion where I have replaced the MPU and Driverboard with new boards from Kohout. When I try to power it up, the LEDs tells me that there is no Blanking signal, so the pin dont start.I have replaced all caps on the Powersupply board, and have 5,01 V, and 12,12V in to the MPU card. On the driverboard on J8, I have 4,96V.

When I try to find ways to check this, this there only articles about different IC on the MPU and Driverboard, that has to be checked. Since this boards are new, would I guess that this components are working.

Is there any other errors that can cause a missing blanking signal? Like a Solenoid or a error on the master display card? If someone has a tip it would be much appreciated.
The master display card does use a blanking signal. I’m not sure where the signal begins at, possibly the cpu.
If kohout has a tech support site submit your question for help.

Thank you for the reply.

I the blanking signal goes from J3, on the MPU board to the Master supply board. The cable and connection is fine.

Since I wrote the post, I tried to disconnect the 40 pin connector and turn the machine on. Lights went on, but the F2 (2,5A) Fuse on the power supply board shorted. I tried to disconnect the connectors to the driver board one by one, and the fuse don't blow if J9 and J11 is disconnected. The cables goes to the soundboard some of the coils in the playfield. I have measured ohm at all the cols, and they seems to be fine. I have ordered some new diodes, and will replace them. I can't find any other reasons for the fuse to burn. I don't know if there is a problem with the solenoids, also can case that the blanking signal is missing as a safety for the MPU and Driver board.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back