SelfInstalling InstallKit 4.0 Out

Phoenixx

Starfleet Member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Here it is,...the first complete self-installing EasyInstallKit 4.0!

I finally took the time to renew the entire Kit and made a real installer out of it,...
Now it is easier than ever before to get started,...you install the Kit like every other program now,...
That means there is no menu anymore,...its all done automatically from the installer now,...should be 'idiotproof' now as well,...

What it does:
-----------------

Creates MainFolder (Pinball)
Installs Fonts to Windows/Fonts
Registers .vpt-files with VP
Creates a desktop icon for VP
Creates a Shortcut to VP in the StartMenu
Creates a Shortcut to VPF in the StartMenu
Creates a Shortcut to VPF on the desktop
Creates an uninstaller in the StartMenu
Starts uninstall/repair option when the Kit is already installed and setup is run again.

(NOTE: I think i should add a shortcut to PN as well in the next update,...after all VPM tables arent everything in VP-Land,...)

What it doesnt:
--------------------
Currently it doesnt install VPM fully automatically, that means the regular VPM installer will popup when the rest of the install is complete,...
But all you have to do then is to accept the defaults and thats it,...the rest will be O.K. automatically,...
Actually i think it is even better that way then just regging the .dll automatically without any further user intervention because the users can set the paths themselves if so desired,...if not then the defaults will be set to the "Pinball" folder (where everything is installed) and clicking O.K. will be sufficient,...

Changelog EIK 4.0
-----------------------
Complete restructuring/rebuild

Size Corrections:
---------------------
Removed 8MB of superfluous fonts
Removed Gerhards DMD
(I could swear there was something more, but however,...)

That should be the best and easiest EasyInstallKit ever,...suggestions and requests for future updates are of course welcome as always,...

Phoenixx

P.S.,...
It worked perfectly fine on my machine, but it was nice if a few of you could try it out and tell me if it workes flawlessly on other machines too,...
Thanks,...

I just see that my signature with the link to the Kit is not displayed for whatever reason,...

Can anyone please upload the new Kit here again and then post a link to it here as a reply?

Thanks,...

Phoenixx, if you'll send the zip to me at [email protected] I'll see if I can upload it to the site under Tutorials and Support Files, so it doesn't end up buried in the forums. I might even give it one more try myself.

John

I fear it is too large to be sent with mail,...could you please download it from my sig on VPF instead,...?

The link there works,...

Thank you John,...

For some odd reason I can't see that part of your signature, nor avatars here, nor attachment at the Future Forums. So hopefully Steve has broadband and sees this and can grab it and upload it here. Someone's sending me a better video card withing the next few days, and maybe that will straighten out all these weird things my computer has been doing.

John

Let's test this sig thing..

Seems to work here for me?

Code:
[url=http://www.nefkom.net/kevin.pecher/EasyInstallKit%204.0.exe][img]http://www.nefkom.net/kevin.pecher/logo.jpg[/img][/url]

Well Steve, all I see in your post is the actual code for the signature, and not the signature itself. But maybe that what you wanted us to see.

John

Well I see the above a clickable sig picture?

I included the code for reference.

I took a picture of what I'm seeing. Notice that Sarah Lee is missing from my avatar. Anyone have any clues what might fix the glitches?

John

Attachments

• capture2.jpg
    capture2.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,119
Rather curious, I notice my pirate avatar is missing also, though my sig picture is there?

Might be a profile setting or a browser setting or a global admin setting, I'll go have a look see.

Dunno, nothing obvious, though I'm no expert, even tried to fix Phoenixx's sig, though with no result?

Well, I haven't changed any settings in my browser, that I know of. The only change I've made lately in the firewall that came with my broadband, and as far as I can figure out there aren't any settings that would have any effect on this.

What confuses me is that I have different problems at different forums, and no probkems at VPO. Here it's mostly missing avatars, at vpf it's the missing Profile button at the bottom of posts, and a Future Forums it's attachments. So probably the trouble is on my end. Hopefully once I get the better video card UncleWilly sent me and get it installed my woes will vanish.

John

Browser settings? Firefox/extras/settings or whatever you use? Maybe load graphics! Sorry, I can't tell you right translation as I use german version.

yogiholzer said:
Browser settings? Firefox/extras/settings or whatever you use? Maybe load graphics! Sorry, I can't tell you right translation as I use german version.

Thanks Yogi. I use Opera, but I'm willing to keep digging until I figure out what I've messed up.

John

Too bad AJ's doesn't have the install kit hosted there. I think it would get the most exposure there. Have you tried asking AJ, Phoenixx?

tiltjlp said:
yogiholzer said:

Thanks Yogi. I use Opera, but I'm willing to keep digging until I figure out what I've messed up.

John

Hey John,

Here is some info that might help you, I first suggested you clear your cache and later sent this to ya, perhaps it didn't reach you.

try InternetExplorer/Tools/Internet Options/advanced/scroll down to multimedia, and make sure that show images is checked, also it could be related to security settings in the InternetOptions/security/.

Last I knew, you were using Opera, if you still are go to Tools/Preferences/WebPages/ make sure show images is next to the show images option, go through all of the options in there, be sure to check out Advanced/Content options. Check out options in other browsers as well, I switched from Opera to Mozilla Firefox a while ago but it won't solve your problem if you have problems in more than 1 browser currently:
http://www.mozilla.org

It also could be related to Pop-Up blockers and some Firwalls, go thru those options as well..Hope that helps!

Thanks for the additional tips Jon, and also for updating Phoenixx's install kit. I'm going to try one fianl time to get VPM working, so I can play Dude's Diner again, as well as Rocky & Bullwinkle.

I did fix the pop=up blocker issue with my firewall, but the avatars here and assorted problems elsewhere still happen both on Opera and IE. I should get the video card Unclewilly sent to me installed this coming week, so maybe that will solve some of my problems.

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back