BAM shadows map add layer for dt

I am not sure I understand what you are asking. dt?

I have stacked bulbs on top of each other and set shadow maps up for both bulbs. It works on slingshots. One bulb can be on constantly and the other flashes when hit. It makes for a nice effect.

Be aware that shadow maps will not work on some playfield textures.

dt : drop targets

une drop target en position basse libere de la lumiere , par rapport à une drop target en position haute.

a drop target in a low position releases light, compared to a drop target in a high position.

Last edited:
I don't know of a way to fix that.

@ravarcade

Watch the third video above. The light casts the same shadows when the drop targets are lowered. The shadow should change when the drop target is lowered but it stays the same.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

George

There is nothing to fix.
Shadowmaps are not dynamic. They are calculated once and are not updated. Any change on playfield will not have impact on shadows.

I see one way to to make it works as you want, but it will be painful.

Lets sats with simple example: one light (bulb) and one drop target.
You will need to generate 2 shadows map: one with drop target visible, one with not visible. You will need to add second indentical light (bulb) in same place. In script it will work like this:
1) drop target is visible: you can turn first bulb on/off and second is always off.
2) drop target is down: firb bulb is always off, second bulb can be on/off.
Generation of that shadowmaps will require from you to save shadowmaps for first bulb when drop target is vislble and for second bulb when drop target is not visible.
After that step you will need to manualy modify stored in cache shadomaps file and later add it to texture manager. There is no way to automatic generate that shadow maps.

Now bigger problem: for 3 drop targets you will need to replace 1 bulb with 8 bulbs. One bulb = one drop target combination.
.... so, it is painfull.

ok.
generer 1 ou 2 shadow map supplementaire en tga par exemple , pre rendu n'est donc pas possible.
seulement re travailler la playfield à l'ancienne .

trad. google
generate 1 or 2 additional shadow map in tga for example, pre-rendering is therefore not possible.
only re working the old-fashioned playfield.

for a low number of dt, this remains acceptable

Last edited:
Generation of that shadowmaps will require from you to save shadowmaps for first bulb when drop target is vislble and for second bulb when drop target is not visible.
where are tga stored ? bulb1 tga by example
bulb1.jpgI don't see them in the bam folder

elles sont stockées dans le répertoire table ? ...mais j'obtiens cette image étrange , pas du tout ressemblant à bam

bulb1tga.jpg bulb1 tga !!??

Last edited:
@fastdraw

BAM saves the textures for the shadow maps to the Cache subfolder of BAM.

You might want to consider changing the drop targets to stationary targets. The main reason for using drop targets is have the player hit and drop them which then opens up a lane for the ball to go through. In your example, hitting the drop target provides no place for the ball to go other than under the plastics. Since the target is stationary, there would be no problem with the shadow maps.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back