Shit or get off the pot already

PacDude

Pinball Wizard
Solutions
Reaction score
After reading the latest BS by former head leader Kinsey over at VPF where she pulls her table and wants her WIP thread deleted all because Bob thought her drop targets were accidentally reversed (it does do that if you have them flipped with the start/end points on the opposite side), all I've got to say is that if you're going to go to the bathroom, either shit or get off the pot. We've got better things to do than watch people sit there for hours grunting. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:p

What kind of language would that be? Words like "noneed" that don't exist? Or do you mean words that describe every day ordinary bodily functions that no one should be ashamed of because we all have to do them?

Oh, maybe you mean words that society thinks are 'bad' for some reason and that "family orientated" forums like VPF (claims to be) don't allow? Ah, my apologies. Next time I'll use something like the word defecate, take a dump or poop instead. Or are those too harsh for your eyes? Perhaps doody or poo-poo would be better? Doody or get off the pot already! Nah, that doesn't have much visceral impact. Poo-poo already or get off the pot! That sounds kind of silly. Take a dump or get off the pot! I kind of like that one, but it's not really the traditional word for that saying.

I think I used the word "crap" on VPF, but I thought we were a bit more adult here.

Hey John, you're creative. What's a good substitute for the word shit that's not overused so that virgin eyes around here aren't offended? :twisted:

Hmmm, let's check the Thesaurus using defecate:

Synonyms: discharge, egest, ejaculate, eject, eliminate, emanate, evacuate, exhale, expel, exudate, exude, give off, leak, pass, perspire, produce, remove, secrete, sweat, throw off, urinate, void

I think I've got it.

Secrete waste or get off the pot already! :twisted:

4 entries found for language.
lan·guage Audio pronunciation of "language" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (lnggwj)
n.

1. Communication of thoughts and feelings through a system of arbitrary signals, such as voice sounds, gestures, or written symbols.
2. Such a system including its rules for combining its components, such as words.
3. Such a system as used by a nation, people, or other distinct community; often contrasted with dialect.
1. A system of signs, symbols, gestures, or rules used in communicating: the language of algebra.
2. Computer Science. A system of symbols and rules used for communication with or between computers.
3. Body language; kinesics.
4. The special vocabulary and usages of a scientific, professional, or other group: “his total mastery of screen languagecamera placement, editingand his handling of actors†(Jack Kroll).
5. A characteristic style of speech or writing: Shakespearean language.
6. A particular manner of expression: profane language; persuasive language.
7. The manner or means of communication between living creatures other than humans: the language of dolphins.
8. Verbal communication as a subject of study.
9. The wording of a legal document or statute as distinct from the spirit.

......perhaps it maybe your....Communication of thoughts and feelings through a system of arbitrary signals, such as voice sounds, gestures, or written symbols.

then again....

Just what purpose does your post serve via communication?

You cannot be passing judgement for this is against your beliefs?

As for me, I always carry a roll of paper on hand for such special occassions. ;)

Pacdude said:
What kind of language would that be? Words like "noneed" that don't exist? Or do you mean words that describe every day ordinary bodily functions that no one should be ashamed of because we all have to do them?

Oh, maybe you mean words that society thinks are 'bad' for some reason and that "family orientated" forums like VPF (claims to be) don't allow? Ah, my apologies. Next time I'll use something like the word defecate, take a dump or poop instead. Or are those too harsh for your eyes? Perhaps doody or poo-poo would be better? Doody or get off the pot already! Nah, that doesn't have much visceral impact. Poo-poo already or get off the pot! That sounds kind of silly. Take a dump or get off the pot! I kind of like that one, but it's not really the traditional word for that saying.

I think I used the word "crap" on VPF, but I thought we were a bit more adult here.

Hey John, you're creative. What's a good substitute for the word shit that's not overused so that virgin eyes around here aren't offended? :twisted:

Hmmm, let's check the Thesaurus using defecate:

Synonyms: discharge, egest, ejaculate, eject, eliminate, emanate, evacuate, exhale, expel, exudate, exude, give off, leak, pass, perspire, produce, remove, secrete, sweat, throw off, urinate, void

I think I've got it.

Secrete waste or get off the pot already! :twisted:

Dude, I think you pretty much covered all the bases, except for "stick up the place" which the thread you mentioned did once Kinsey overreacted. And as for there being no need for that kind of language here, why not? Words are simply words, and knowing the past actions of our lady friend, I think those words fot the latest situation.

I've long ago given up offering opinion or advice to Kinsey, as I found A) advice was ignored, even when asked for, and B) she usually tends to overreact, sometimes to the extreme. Several years ago I founded a hideaway for selected authors named Sanctuary at the old Digital Playfield. She was the Admin of the group because noone else was tech-minded. She got upset by some comments by Druadic and wiped out every post that had been made.

Since she can't handle such comments, maybe she should start working on flipperless recreations, since with the rare surprise, most of my releases go unnoticed. Or in Kinsey's case. lable her WIP and release threads Caution: Grumpy Bear, Do Not Upset. And I was looking forward to Pinzee. Damn you SuperSpideyBob :p, it's all your fault.

John

Shit, I really don't want to get involved with this shit, but sometimes I say shit that seems to hit the fan. BTW, what kind of shit does that Ozzie smoke?

Believe it or not... I read Kinsey's WIP thread and I remembered her telling someone, somewhere, once upon a time, that the reason she gave up working on Pin Zee was because no one care, no one bothered to comment on it. So being the good samaritan that I am (no shit) I actually took the time to offer what I felt was a few constructive suggestions or observations.

If I ever do that again... Will someone please knock the shit out of me.

This post was brought to you by the letters S, H, I and T.

don't forget the letter "E" for steve. :D

bob said:
Shit, I really don't want to get involved with this shit, but sometimes I say shit that seems to hit the fan. BTW, what kind of shit does that Ozzie smoke?

Believe it or not... I read Kinsey's WIP thread and I remembered her telling someone, somewhere, once upon a time, that the reason she gave up working on Pin Zee was because no one care, no one bothered to comment on it. So being the good samaritan that I am (no shit) I actually took the time to offer what I felt was a few constructive suggestions or observations.

If I ever do that again... Will someone please knock the shit out of me.

This post was brought to you by the letters S, H, I and T.

The problem wasn't any of your comments Bob. The problem is that Kinsey, and she isn't the only one, doesn't want anything except praise for her work. Luckily, must of the authors who think they're better than the rest of us are all over a VPU, so they can mostly be ignored. I've always found your comments to be helpful, informative, or laughable and funny. I hope this doesn't cause you to change your posting style,

John

So Bob, what you're basically trying to tell me is that Kinsey got constipated on the pot and so we should forgive her for not excreting anything but a bunch of hot gas? :twisted:

And what's up with KC in that thread? He sounds like someone stuck a burr in his underpants or something. I mean what else am I to conclude when someone demands all their tables be deleted right after someone says something he doesn't want to here a few times in his release thread? Coincidence? Yeah, right. His version? He was getting out of Dodge before the place went to hell or something like that (I'm not going to bother to look it up). Since when did VPF go to hell and what the hell does that have to do with whether his tables are still there or not? Total BS excuse, IMO. Or should I say manure? Excrement? Fecis?

Judge, Steve? I'm not judging people. :evil: I'm judging actions. Hate the sin and not the sinner as it were. :twisted:

As for language and communication, I think the word "arbitrary" there best describes why I think this concept of "bad words" is kind of ridiculous. It's what you're trying to communicate, not which words you choose since they are clearly arbitrary.

Here, I'm trying to communicate my frustration with the behavior of certain individuals that posess at least a certain amount of talent, but can't seem to get along with the rest of society.

A certain amount of talant, yes....

Table layout by Eala and Kinsey, 1st posted at VPF....10-17-2002 09:33 AM

Scripting by Erwin and graphics by DesAngel.

I wonder how the rest of that team feel about Kinsey deciding to not release their table in sheer hissy fit?

What can I say?

Kinsey has approved and then demanded her Tables be removed from this site a few times, (None of her Tables will be hosted here, I got fed up with that) I'm surprised at the recent reactions, this behaviour has been going on for years. She is excellent to chat with but everything else seems like a whirlwind of misinformation and misguided spite..

EDIT: The VPF thread has been locked and almost discarded by VPF, nicholas.b is worse than the old boss.... :cry:

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=2de28b305691f4dc2735457fa3f1341f&threadid=34521

no, "nicholas.b" is far worse than previous admins, jon. he gives public reasons for his actions and invites debate. he says he is a noobie staff-member and is learning on the job. he says he's willing to re-open threads and change actions if there is a reasonable response. he wants the community to cooperate and be friendly with itself if possible.

i've never heard of such bullshit in my life. i hope you guys roast that asshole because he is clearly out to make trouble and everybody knows it. :)

nicolas.b said:
no, "nicholas.b" is far worse than previous admins, jon. he gives public reasons for his actions and invites debate. he says he is a noobie staff-member and is learning on the job. he says he's willing to re-open threads and change actions if there is a reasonable response. he wants the community to cooperate and be friendly with itself if possible.

i've never heard of such bullshit in my life. i hope you guys roast that asshole because he is clearly out to make trouble and everybody knows it. :)

Thanks for the clarification, you invited folks to resurrect the locked "archived" thread in the messages to staff? why? The thread is now invisible to almost everyone, you failed to mention it was MUCH MORE than LOCKED..., it's been swept under your rug...

i'm going to lock this thread for now because it's turning into various debates that don't belong in a WIP thread IMO. feel free to continue them in a "messages to staff" thread, of course.

I gather, Archives are VPF's places to politely bury discussions, you guys sicken me, Move it to the appropriate place, you suggested Messages to Staff, it's not there?

edit: Do a search, I believe I nominated all of you VPF staff members in the past and am just bewildered by the locked threads, I wish you success but you WILL piss folks off by burying and locking threads.

Yes and I nominated the loafer....

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/showt...rpage=10&highlight=i feel loafer&pagenumber=3

What of it?

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, sorry if that can make you ill JPH?

Please may I ask what remedy you suggest?

My opinion is the thread should remain archived. Kinsey requested the thread be deleted, heck in the bad old days she could have deleted it herself as thread starter.

Currently VPF will not delete threads, threads will however be locked, merged, archived or edited, when VPF guidelines are broken or at request of the thread starter. All requests and suggestions will also be considered, please PM any of the staff or post in the messages to staff at VPF as Nic suggested.

Bad link StevOz,
It was deleted..by past admins..

http://www.vpforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=2c9e83be8f151135d0192ae79e3dd17c&threadid=23319

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, sorry if that can make you ill JPH?

Please may I ask what remedy you suggest?

My opinion is the thread should remain archived. Kinsey requested the thread be deleted, heck in the bad old days she could have deleted it herself as thread starter.

Currently VPF will not delete threads, threads will however be locked, merged, archived or edited, when VPF guidelines are broken or at request of the thread starter. All requests and suggestions will also be considered, please PM any of the staff or post in the messages to staff at VPF as Nic suggested.

Move the thread to Messages to Staff, DO NOT LOCK IT, DO NOT BURY IT, WHO moves threads into Archives after 1 day old, your excuse that Kinsey would have deleted it herself is a shame..

Thanks for the clarification, you invited folks to resurrect the locked "archived" thread in the messages to staff? why?
because if people cared enough about those side debates i wanted them to feel free to continue them somewhere. i don't really give a damn where they continued the talk, i was simply throwing out "messages to staff" since it's an always-popular choice. the point is, i wasn't trying to shut people up but to move them out of that thread- a place where those debates clearly didn't belong IMO. especially judging what happened earlier in that thread. it was a sensitive matter, the author clearly over-reacted to a comment, took a pounding, and i wanted to not have the thing get any worse for her. i want her to get her second wind at some point and release the table because it will be nice for her and nice for the community IMO. that's what my focus was in this matter.

The thread is now invisible to almost everyone, you failed to mention it was MUCH MORE than LOCKED..., it's been swept under your rug...
no, it's not invisible. anyone who does a search will still find it. anyone who looks in the archives will also find it. we do not delete threads, but we might move them.

and no, i didn't "fail to mention" that it was archived because all i did when i wrote that post was to lock it and give my reasons. i didn't archive the thread. another staffer responding to a request from the author was the one who archived the thread, after which i asked them to leave a note to that effect so everything was clear. so far i am still waiting for that note, and i've already reminded the person in question again. and guess what, jon? that's human foibles for you. we're still a noobie staff, still working out our communication, and not everyone is on the same page about leaving these kinds of notes. yet somehow i get the idea that you don't give a damn about things like that, only that we're not moderating the way you want us to moderate. and/or that we sicken you. and/or that we've become clones of all the staffs you've hated in the past.

i really don't know what the deal is with you, jon. the last few years the only time i see you show up at VPF is to either post about some table patrick made that you're hosting here or to throw some kind of out-of-the-blue vicious tantrum, seemingly made under the influence of a few too many... only to later slink back and edit out the rants. well, what's the point? are you not able to debate something without insulting someone or what? are you trying to set any kind of example for others to see?

if bob, steve and i are really the people you wanted as staff and you don't like the way we moderate then maybe after seeing so many staffers come and go thru the years something has occured to you by now. i'll leave you with that thought.

Where is the shame in moving a thread to archives after the thread starter requested it be deleted, even if after 5 minutes? btw it was not an excuse but the main reason for archiving that thread.

Though I guess I'm fairly shameless, oh and that link has always worked for me, long before I was on staff, I just don't understand that, the thread is not deleted it is still there in the messages to staff archive.

I vote for the loafer got the right angle on things it seems to me, after all is not pinball a game....to be enjoyed and for amusement purposes only.....as it says on the instruction card....

Sometime threads iron themselves out, sometimes they don't, but when they are locked, even more so after they have been edited, you are freezing the situation at it's worst. Moving them off the grid is about the same as deleting them IMO. She might have posted the next post and it could have said something to the effect that she over reacted, she won't change what she dosn't want to but will release it, you never know.

'Rob' was locked also, and it was not deleted, or moved somewhere with the same effect, and it is the apitomy of misunderstanding, I guess it's best to leave it that way too? That would have been sorted I believe, as well, but no chance now.

I think it was more the wrong dice layout than the mirroring though, that erked her.

The fact that it was a moderator that pushed the buttons in the PinZee thread is not here nor there. He was giving feedback, as we all do, and I think would have accepted her answer. The joke about the dice layout was not an attack, I think, and I think was a mistake on her part, dice are dice after all. Her answer to that point was valid though, being an original, how could they be 'wrong' anyway.

Being a moderator though, he should drop it, and not even try to defend it if it means bringing up simular or dissimular events against her.

I think the new staff at VPF is doing well, they are leaving me alone, though I don't post much, so is the membership too though, unfortunatly, other than newbies, and I still feel my opinion, if differing from the staffers would only mean trouble from them.

Shockman said:
Sometime threads iron themselves out, sometimes they don't, but when they are locked, even more so after they have been edited, you are freezing the situation at it's worst. Moving them off the grid is about the same as deleting them IMO. She might have posted the next post and it could have said something to the effect that she over reacted, she won't change what she dosn't want to but will release it, you never know.

'Rob' was locked also, and it was not deleted, or moved somewhere with the same effect, and it is the apitomy of misunderstanding, I guess it's best to leave it that way too? That would have been sorted I believe, as well, but no chance now.

I think it was more the wrong dice layout than the mirroring though, that erked her.

The fact that it was a moderator that pushed the buttons in the PinZee thread is not here nor there. He was giving feedback, as we all do, and I think would have accepted her answer. The joke about the dice layout was not an attack, I think, and I think was a mistake on her part, dice are dice after all. Her answer to that point was valid though, being an original, how could they be 'wrong' anyway.

Being a moderator though, he should drop it, and not even try to defend it if it means bringing up simular or dissimular events against her.

I think the new staff at VPF is doing well, they are leaving me alone, though I don't post much, so is the membership too though, unfortunatly, other than newbies, and I still feel my opinion, if differing from the staffers would only mean trouble from them.

You should have been posting over here all along, Shockman. Even if we didn't agree with you, you wouldn't have been censored or edited. We also mever locked, moved, or deleted posts or threads. There were members here I would have liked to have beaten to within an ich of their lives, but their opinions were welcome here, no matter what.

John

Seriously the Rob thread was nothing but a Rob flame fest with many, Rob included attacking each other, the issue had been resolved the table was removed.

We will unlock and activate any threads where reasoned feedback warrants such. For instance if Kinsey were to ask for the Pinzee thread to be made active then we would do so.

There is nothing that cannot be undone and it is never too late, at least ways not on an internet forum.

Shockman all opinions are welcome and differing opinions more so, it is the differences that make us all unique. Just don't be shocked when others and perhaps the majority at times do not agree with a unique opinion.

It's a real tough job to 'keep the peace' or status quo between so many conflicting people. I'm not sure why it has to be that way, but it's the way it always has been - and there isn't much that hasn't been tried, left to do as each situation is different. I probably would have deleted the thread instead of moved it to the archive myself, LOL...just screw it, and make a new thread saying you don't want comments, or something. I dunno. Would the right answer have been to just leave it open and become a more heated conflict? Or send everyone involved a warning or D/A or something to chill out. No idea. Glad it's not my decision to make that will be unpopular no matter what the outcome is.

I was just pointing out the obvious - that the letters on the right are reversed. And they may not be true 'yahtzee' dice - or maybe because it's an original Pinzee table, Pinzee dice are probably different for a set of 5 than regular dice. How that is going to ruin anyone's day I haven't a clue.

Shockman said:

I don't feel that I pushed any buttons...

And as far as being a moderator, he should drop it, etc... I don't "want" to be a moderator. I offered because NO ONE was moderating the forums at at. Period. The old staff had basically given up, I'm sure everyone could see that. I offered to help and I took the role on my terms, meaning I would "retain" my personality. I didn't know ALL of the old mods were going to leave.

I also took the job because I thought maybe if I told someone like PD to cool it, he would, but I also know that I can't say crap to the old, old staff because they hate me anyway. I know I'm between a rock and a hard place, but that doesn't bother me because I don't "try" to suck up to anyone.

I don't believe in Locking, archiving or deleting threads, but then that doesn't mean I won't do it. I want VPForums to survive and it doesn't have a chance to survive if it's a madhouse with no rules or rules that aren't enforced. BUT the people who whine the most about the rules are the people who break them the most. Go figure...

I'm just part of a staff and we would like to see VPF be as diversified as possible, we want everyone to be able to visit VPForums and have a good time. But for christ's sake, the actual members have to try and get along also.

BTW, this post is not addressed to just Shockman, I just quoted part of his post to once again vocalize my feelings about the community. I love VP and I love VPF and I will post shit that I think is funny, but I'm sorry if people that don't like me can't see the humor in my posts, to them I say... Ignore me, because I am who I am and I like myself the way that I am.

cheers...

Bob

Shockman said:

phil, you make a very good point about letting a conversation run it's course for the purposes of free speech and healthy communication. i am very sensitive about that issue and always prefer to keep dialogue open and continuous. i'll link the rest of the staff to this thread so they can see the concerns that were brought up here. we need to be mindful of people's POV's of things IMO.

i started to respond further on a point-by-point basis but i began to have a weird feeling about it and realised why. so i'll tell you: your threat some months ago to go to the hosting service, the authorities and whoever else you could find in order to shut down VPF left a really bad taste in my mouth. as did your promise to stop posting if enough people thought it was best (which they did), after which you came back and started posting again. i don't care much about your prior troubles with the previous staff, but i do have to tell you that those two actions are hard to forget. a lot of trust i had in you was wiped out, and i hope you can understand it will take time to get that back. on the plus side, you certainly don't have to deal with me as your staff contact person- pete (TMFP) has an almost entirely blank slate with you IIRC.

btw, i understand pete did re-open the JPH thread in question because he wanted people to be able to continue that debate if they wanted. check it out and if i'm wrong about that i promise to unlock it for you guys and post a note.

EDIT: oops, i got the threads mixed up- corrected now.

bob said:
Shockman said:

I don't feel that I pushed any buttons...

And as far as being a moderator, he should drop it, etc... I don't "want" to be a moderator. I offered because NO ONE was moderating the forums at at. Period. The old staff had basically given up, I'm sure everyone could see that. I offered to help and I took the role on my terms, meaning I would "retain" my personality. I didn't know ALL of the old mods were going to leave.

I also took the job because I thought maybe if I told someone like PD to cool it, he would, but I also know that I can't say crap to the old, old staff because they hate me anyway. I know I'm between a rock and a hard place, but that doesn't bother me because I don't "try" to suck up to anyone.

I don't believe in Locking, archiving or deleting threads, but then that doesn't mean I won't do it. I want VPForums to survive and it doesn't have a chance to survive if it's a madhouse with no rules or rules that aren't enforced. BUT the people who whine the most about the rules are the people who break them the most. Go figure...

I'm just part of a staff and we would like to see VPF be as diversified as possible, we want everyone to be able to visit VPForums and have a good time. But for christ's sake, the actual members have to try and get along also.

BTW, this post is not addressed to just Shockman, I just quoted part of his post to once again vocalize my feelings about the community. I love VP and I love VPF and I will post shit that I think is funny, but I'm sorry if people that don't like me can't see the humor in my posts, to them I say... Ignore me, because I am who I am and I like myself the way that I am.

cheers...

Bob

Good points Bob. Although I don't like how rule heavy vpf is, I relaize I have to abide by them when I'm there, which is why I don't post as much as I once did. I can always post my opinions here, so why clutter vpf with stuff that doesn't fit in there.

I think you've blended your personal style with moderating very nicely. And if I notice you losing your humorous side, I'll be the first to give you a virtual kick in the rump, Super Spidey Bob. :p

John

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: jumpyspider is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back