shiva

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Trigon
I have been a part of this community since pre-VP back in 1999, and I am very proud of what has been achieved. Over the years, I have produced a lot of things, from tables, to engines, to graphics, and even tons of layout concepts and unfinished tables. Still, a lot of my work has not been released, and so, I decided it just wasn't fair to hold a lot of my stuff back, so I will be making the entire lot of MY WORK (Not enough space for all the other stuff i have) available free to use, modify and mutilate.

NOTE: NEW LINK TO SITE ROOT
http://shiva.pinballnirvana.com/

There's now a direct link here at PN:

These include the released tables, design concepts, sounds, scripts and all the psd files I have done for the tables and graphics/textures. I give my permission for all the files to be used in your VP and FP projects, and you may use them as you see fit. I am also removing any upload restrictions, though there are a few things I ask

- I ask that the Trigon files be untouched, and left as it is. It is a highly personal project for me, so I ask that people understand that, and I would like the right to choose someone to finish the new version.​
- Please do not site strip. It's unfair to PN, so please just take what you need and think you can use. A donation to this site to cover expenses would be a nice gesture as well.​
- I retain creative and intellectual rights to any of my work. This is purely for legal reasons​
- All work that uses my resources or my work must be free, and not part of any commercial venture/collection, or sold in any matter.​
- You may use any of my work from the archives, all I ask is you point to the archives main page in a post so others will know of it.​
- Some of my table designs uses popotte's Star trek script, so you would need to ask permission if you use it and want to release it.​
- Included in the archive at present are all released tables (unlock code is "pinball") all the graphics )psd) I used to make them, all the psd files for things like bumper caps/lens lights/ metals/, as well as unreleased "dabbles" of various table designs that you can use if you like them or need a decent design.​

At the moment, there is still a lot of work to be done, and even more to be uploaded. The site is a dynamic site, but it's a bit rough around the edges at the moment, so some things still need to be done. The website has a built in gallery system, list and thumbnail view etc, but I am a bit rusty with this so here are some quick notes.

- At this moment, I have loaded in my FP table resources, shortly I will be adding a lot more VP files, including table concepts, more graphics, scripts etc.​
- This uses php, which has it's limitations like no support for bmp and psd. You may need to right click and "save as". The gallery does not support bmp, but clicking on the thumbnail will display them full screen.​
- There will be periods where some links do not work, pages will look funny or broken, as I will be updating them over time, or compressing some sections to a zip file after I finish sorting.​
- Ignore the 3rd column for the moment. :)​

As I find things, I will be adding them in, so check back every once in a while.
Updates to the archive will be posted at my facebook page.

EDIT: Now with a proper gallery, a (simple) web page, thumbnails and a whole bunch of stuff. very much like pinsimdb, but several things switched off like uploads and membership (don't need them)
Files are now offered as collections zipped up as well. It's not as pretty as it should be, but I need to do other things as well.
Kind of a real nifty system, very easy to navigate once you get the hang of it. The images for viewing are previews, but in time I will load videos and a music player for the sound files. At the moment though, time to do those other things....

Last edited:
Having php problems with the server, so went with a straight html based system.
Changed the root address, so just use this link.
http://shiva.pinballnirvana.com/

seems to work fine, just let me know if it doesn't.

Thanks for updating the site shiva, looking fine, there are other sub domains here that haven't changed in a long time.

As you know, a forced update of the php killed Pinball Nirvana in Jan 2016, just wondering if you recall what php errors you received, but I'm guessing it was due to the update in 2016 not supporting older php code.

I thought I read earlier about you being concerned about file space, take as much as you want.

:dammit::hockey::puck:

Thanks Jon.
No kidding it killed php, most php includes statements just don't work. I have worked around it anyway, I am taking a bit more space at the moment, there is a new system in place, that is more traditional, has a gallery style setup, so thumbnails and a direct download link to a zip file, instead of having to download each thing one at a time. It's actually very good, like pinsimdb but flat file. Even has memberships and uploading, but that is all switched off (remember that 15 years ago, I have never forgotten Mr Staypuffs girlfriend episode) I'm right now reorganizing everything, making new screenshots so people can see every image, including psd, doing up the zips. There is still more, just haven't dipped into my backups, but I want to get as much up as I can as soon as possible.
You will all see it when I put the redirect in. It's alright, not overdone and flashy. Should be up soon.

Yeah, the php update screwed include and a shitload of if statements of old php programs, Pinball Nirvana used PostNuke thanks to your suggestions and lasted a long time.

I think I was one of the first sites to ever use a Post Nuke to VBulletin bridge and it lasted until 2016, the forced php upgrade made a bunch of stuff obsolete.

:salut:

Now with a proper gallery, a (simple) web page, thumbnails and a whole bunch of stuff. very much like pinsimdb, but several things switched off like uploads and membership (don't need them)
Files are now offered as collections zipped up as well. It's not as pretty as it should be, but I need to do other things as well.
Kind of a real nifty system, very easy to navigate once you get the hang of it. The images for viewing are previews, but in time I will load videos and a music player for the sound files. At the moment though, time to do those other things....

@JonPurpleHaze,
I remember Pacdude's page is still up, too. I find it kind of fun to look at, even just to ponder how many tables he made, and to remember all his positive contributions.

Indeed, there's 50+ tables with screenies and comments, there:
www.pacdude.pinballnirvana.com

I'm curious, though, are there other old archive sections for the public to check out?

There were a few that were setup a long time ago, this one is still working but is using flash so it will probably break in a while:

I've been going through my files, and have started the process of updating my graphics files. Rather than go through rebuilding the archive webpages from scratch, I will put in my latest additions and new files directly into Pinball Nirvana as there is just a few new files. You can find the files complete with psd (Photoshop) right here:

My first new update are with aprons. For those of you with Photoshop, you can highly modify the psd files, change the colors, adjust the lighting/shadows, remove or replace logos etc for use with your own table.

Attachments

• apron_startrek.jpg
    apron_startrek.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 75
  • a_jg_apron.jpg
    a_jg_apron.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 80
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back