Shiva Engine DMD - critical error / image loader

highrise

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Well, since I have already said I won't be sticking around if they let Bizzle stay, this might be my last thread. I'll be over at P-O if anyone wants further updates.

Some good news and bad news. First, the bad news - I found a critical error in the shiva engine DMD. I realise this only concerns LiteUser at the moment, but I thought I'd post it anyway in case anyone else has been fooling with it. There is an EMreel missing from a collection. It showed up when I displayed a new image. Thankfully, it's quite easy to fix. Here's how.

Go to the collections manager and choose DMD02. There is a list of EMReels, going from EMReel31 through to EMReel60. Or at least, there should be. The error is caused because it only goes up to EMreel59. So highlight EMreel60 on the left side and move it over. Make sure it is the last EMreel listed, i.e it goes after EMreel59.

Once you've done that, you can make use of the new code I've written which will allow you to load your own images into the DMD! Details of how to do this are included in the text file attached with this release. It's pretty easy to do.

Attachments

• shivaenginedmd1024_906.zip
    719.3 KB · Views: 411
P.S feel free to use this to generate your own DMD artwork for your avatars etc, or indeed for putting on tables.

Bloody fantastic work! highrise.

Well done and thank you.

PK :D

thanks! There are a couple of other small changes that need to be made, so if you decide to make a table, it might be worth waiting a day until I post the new script which fixes a few minor display errors. The loading / conversion of images should be fine though.

High

P.S I'm working on a way of loading in the fonts too. Shouldn't take too much work. Basically you will have to put them on a single image and then the 'puter will work it out. Multi-colour fonts will be possible, but if you do this you will not be able to print in certain colours obviously.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: AnushDCosta is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back