Shockman's Bowling Machine

rpbizzle47

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Just thought I put a plug in for the WIP Bowling Machine Shockman's building. I wouldn't want to miss any updates! :)

Note: when I receive an email for the fourms I'm in, I have to copy and paste the link instead of just clicking on the link with my mouse.

Can this be fixed?!

Moved thread to WIPs since the table hasn't been released yet, tiltjlp

Thanks for the plug rpbizzle47, but I am leaving this place. I can't stand bigots, and am free to distance myself from them. I'll PM you my e-mail address at VPF, yes, I prefer that place O N L Y for this one thing. Otherwise my WIP thread would be here.

You might as well add to the title of all your threads 'plus Neptunes thoughts on spics, fat women, niggers, asians, and other lower life forms'

This site is welcome to host the Bowler, if they want it, but I would not post a release thread here.

rpbizzle47 said:
Just thought I put a plug in for the WIP Bowling Machine Shockman's building. I wouldn't want to miss any updates! :)

Note: when I receive an email for the fourms I'm in, I have to copy and paste the link instead of just clicking on the link with my mouse.

Can this be fixed?!

That would be something Jon would have to look into, and I don't know how often he'll be around.

John

Shockman, we are working on the off topic posts, patients please a solution is in the works. ;)

It was'nt my mind that needed changed, Ok, that's debatable.
Downloadable WIPs will be moved here to this forum. VPF is too limited to file size.
Aiming and rolling still needs to be worked out, as well as scoring and a bunch of other stuff like shots, spares, and displays.

Press AddCreditKey to, I know it does something but I forgot.
Press StartGameKey to start the game. You can add more credit but don't press Start again because this is not implimented yet, you will get another ball but it will ruin the game.
Press left Flipper and right Flipper keys to change starting spot. This will be compleatly overhauled.
Press the Left and right nudge keys to aim. This too is a temp thing, hope to have as many starting points as pixels, or units wide the lane is.
Press space to roll faster. this is one way for now and will loop back to slower.
Press the Plunger key to roll the ball.

The Screen Shot.

Attachments

• wip7b_559.jpg
    wip7b_559.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 1,845
Hea Guys my access to the internet has been redused since my son let his AOL account expire. I'm now having to visit my oldest son's house to use his computer. So, I check in ever so often (hopefully twice a week). When I get a job, I won't have this problem! :) I'm looking on the bright side: at least I'm able to get on!

Until I logon again, you folk's be good and be sure to keep tiltjlp in line! :)

God Bless all of you for being my friends. I'll miss not being able to talk to you every day.

Shock....put the hammer away man! :)

You will be missed every day. Don't make us miss you every week, or I'll get a bigger hammer!

Good luck with the job search. You'll be missed, even if you like blue grass rpbizzle47.

John

Good luck with the job search. You'll be missed, even if you like blue grass rpbizzle47.

John

rpbizzle47 said:
Hea Guys my access to the internet has been redused since my son let his AOL account expire.
AOL gives out free trial accounts for the asking... Just make another account, that should buy you another month of free access.

How do you like it now John?
Will you still host it?

This really shows the scale, campared to a pinball table. You would think that a bowler would be bigger than a pin. That is a standard size flipper.
Of course the ball alone dictates the scale.

Here is a better pin. It removes the green glow.
Plug it in.

Shockman said:
How do you like it now John?
Will you still host it?

This really shows the scale, campared to a pinball table. You would think that a bowler would be bigger than a pin. That is a standard size flipper.
Of course the ball alone dictates the scale.

What a way to ruin a good bowler. :p And we do accept unusal flipper treatments, so I guess it might qualify.

John

I hope everyone knows that was a joke.

I am at the point to start the scoring. I know everything about it, how to add, how to mark Strikes, Spares, Splits, a Miss, Fouls, and Handycaps. Because I'm smart, or because it's on the net, I forget.

How many players do you think it should support?

I remember playing them with up to six player support but that would be a bit much around a keyboard. 2 -4 might be best. :)

I guess a better way to ask would be how many score sheets to show on the background.
Because if I just put a 1 Up over a single line and just switched to 2 Up and so forth it wouldn't matter, it would be as easy to dim the array at 2000 as 2, and it may look neater when only 1 is playing.

Edit.
Also for those that can't see as well as others, I think the line, or lines will show only 3 frames at a time. I think 10 frame lines will be too small for anyone, anyway.

Thanks.

Shockman said:
I guess a better way to ask would be how many score sheets to show on the background.
Because if I just put a 1 Up over a single line and just switched to 2 Up and so forth it wouldn't matter, it would be as easy to dim the array at 2000 as 2, and it may look neater when only 1 is playing.

Edit.
Also for those that can't see as well as others, I think the line, or lines will show only 3 frames at a time. I think 10 frame lines will be too small for anyone, anyway.

Thanks.

I'd think making it a 2 player game should do, that way a group of players could compete in pairs and have a round-robin sort of tourney. As for the the score display, maybe have the total scores displayed, in addition to the last frame bowled by each player.

John

The problem with having only the last frame displayed is that it could be useless if you have marks running. As it is, with the last two plus the current, you still could be lost if you have two marks running. IT will add the scores and display them, but soon the score line will scroll, and you would still be lost. I think I may need to make it show the last three, plus current (a four frame score display) for players to know where they are at.

Also, I have been trying to get active ball control on this table. With it I would allow the player to select a starting spot on a pixel basis instead of a kicker basis. I would also give a non default option to steer the ball for curves. I've acomplished this before, but just can't get it to work with this. I need help, I just don't have the time to do alot of trial and error. Summon Destruk.

I've spent more time debugging than I hoped, but I think I'm ready to work on the rest of the shot possibilities, Score calc, and presentation, and of course shot mechanics, when I get control over the ball.

For those that think they might be able to help, my vision for shots, which require activeball control.

You take the ball off the rack, or the ball will come off the rack automatically after a sec. (probably the later)
The kicker that shoots the ball now, will instead just drop it onto a trigger the width of the lane and rest on an invisible wall, and held from rolling off by another.
Keys will be used to move the ball right and left. When let go, instead of stopping, I want the ball to quickly slow down and stop.
Now you would be ready to shoot. A gage will move from side to side and you press Enter to shoot at that angle at the power level based on another guage which is based on how long you hold the shoot (Enter) key.
The resolution of the gages and shot angle will be great.

Thanks for your interest.

Here is the latest WIP. Scoring is still buggy, but getting closer.
This is set to debug scoring, so you will always roll a strike unless you move the ball and/or the aim.
All I want for christmas is activeball control over the starting position.

Attachments

• wip9.zip
    224.3 KB · Views: 268
You should have that already Shockman if you bother to download an existing vpm table - any of the shuffle bowlers have that already.

I have those and looked. I'll try again, when I have the scoring finished. I think it is working now, but I'll have to test it in many ways.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back