• Google Translate to French or Other Languages Click on the link and a new tab will open with this page translated into French.
    Click on the "To:" pull down option to select a different language. Users will not be logged in on the new Google tab.

Silent Hill

AnonTet

Pinball Hall of Famer
Site Supporters
Well, there's not a soundlist in FP. Guess you have to code a sub for each category of sounds for them to rotate.

I don't know... maybe based on ball velocity, instead? ;)

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Well, there's not a soundlist in FP. Guess you have to code a sub for each category of sounds for them to rotate.

Just like in the pic for normal stuff like flippers etc... I just rotate through a random selection for each sound. Like 5 left flipper sounds, 5 right flipper sounds, 5 left slings, 5 right slings, 5 bumper top, 5 bumper bottom, etc.

As for using position and velocity,etc... that is done for ball rolling (smoke) and for ball rolling pup ssf, but I can't do that for other sounds for 5.1 / 7.1 for full SSF because FP only can output in stereo. So I trigger pup ssf for each sound with the position data entered for each sound.

The pic below is from my PUP SSF for SW DSA PE. the Counter data is the X/Z/Y position to play the sound in 7.1 space.

unknown.png

AnonTet

Pinball Hall of Famer
Site Supporters
I noticed the code but forgot about the rest!

Don't forget to post a video with the gazillion LEDs blinking and the loudspeakers working hard :)

TerryRed

Pinball Master

....and I spoke too soon!

Now I "can" pass on positional info to Pinup Player from table script (It's been a couple of years since I made PinEvent)! No need to enter anything manually into a pup-pack at all for SSF!

With ravaracde and Nailbuster's help, I created a new command that will figure out the position of the item on the table, and translate that to PuP SSF positioning. The new command will play the specified sound for FP audio (if enabled), and for PUP SSF (if enabled and detected), whiule also triggering DOF for cabinet feedback,etc.

The way I had to do it before combined with the pup-pack like in the above picture...

unknown.png

unknown.png

...and the much easier way to do it now. Just copy the needed sound files to the pup-pack folder for PUP SSF... and add them in OGG format the the table for normal FP sound.

unknown.png

Now I "can" use velocity, etc for controlling sounds / volume if desired (same as fleep does on VPX). May have no benefit as pup ssf tends to be lower in volume compared to FP sounds anyway.

AnonTet

Pinball Hall of Famer
Site Supporters
My idea was just about "fast ball hitting something is louder" concept. Glad you pulled that off although I won't be abe to enjoy it live.

TerryRed

Pinball Master
The Grand Hotel - Update 4
  • Run to the Church
  • updated lighting
  • Fleep sounds

After inspecting the Hotel, and sacrificial chamber... you need to run to the church, as you hear the eerie siren meaning the Darkness is coming!

Progress in getting this done is going much slower because I'm still sick... but I'm almost done the Grand Hotel Level! This turned out to be a much bigger section that I original expected it to be... and turned out really cool. Can't wait for you guys to see it. I'll do a demo video soon enough.

The updated lighting looks so much better... and the Fleep mechanical sounds are amazing!

As always... when this part is done... much more work to do... as the Hospital is next... and that will be a big part to do. Need to figure out exactly what to try.

church 1.png

church 3.png

church 2.png

church 5.png

church 6.png

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Consultant
Wow, I love that 'Gothic / Victorian' design.

I got so used to seeing that kind of thing in various video games, but somehow never quite noticed it's lack in pinball.

Lot of glorious potential with that kind of design, plus steampunk. "Sherlock Holmes" or "League of Extraordinary Gentlement" would make some dandy specific themes, I think.

AnonTet

Pinball Hall of Famer
Site Supporters
How the hell do you get to use those insert? you edit the table image or use those as lens? I remember a pack of those for download somewhere and you mentioning them but, how to use them to look that good is beyond me.

I don't even have to comment on the rest of it anymore. It's just taking too long to try it out :D but I think you need to get better first and not overdo yourself on this. Take it easy and get well soon.

/edit
@Isaac Sauvage I was actually thinking of "The Shining" :D

TerryRed

Pinball Master
My idea was just about "fast ball hitting something is louder" concept. Glad you pulled that off although I won't be abe to enjoy it live.

How the hell do you get to use those insert? you edit the table image or use those as lens? I remember a pack of those for download somewhere and you mentioning them but, how to use them to look that good is beyond me.

I don't even have to comment on the rest of it anymore. It's just taking too long to try it out :D but I think you need to get better first and not overdo yourself on this. Take it easy and get well soon.

/edit
@Isaac Sauvage I was actually thinking of "The Shining" :D

The inserts are actually two things:

- an insert "hole" model for each insert. Similar to the ornament hole model only in the shape of each insert. This is actually made as a bulb light, but it can be an ornament,etc. You can see similar on SLAMT1LT's T2 that used @polygame's inserts that did similar
- then I add a flat bulb model with the texture image of the insert (and bump map) and recess this inside the insert hole. This can either be a square shape, or in the shape of the insert hole. You just need to make the texture sized to work correctly with it

I did it this way so I could use the "walls / wood" inside the insert holes for the fire effects on Silent Hill and the Tron effects on RF2. You can use actual insert models inside the hole too, but it comes down to what works easer in the long run to get the look you want.

The insert images can be found at VPU:

...and these are actual jewel meshes:

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Staff member
Site Supporters
The inserts are actually two things:

- an insert "hole" model for each insert. Similar to the ornament hole model only in the shape of each insert. This is actually made as a bulb light, but it can be an ornament,etc. You can see similar on SLAMT1LT's T2 that used @polygame's inserts that did similar
- then I add a flat bulb model with the texture image of the insert (and bump map) and recess this inside the insert hole. This can either be a square shape, or in the shape of the insert hole. You just need to make the texture sized to work correctly with it

I did it this way so I could use the "walls / wood" inside the insert holes for the fire effects on Silent Hill and the Tron effects on RF2. You can use actual insert models inside the hole too, but it comes down to what works easer in the long run to get the look you want.

The insert images can be found at VPU:

...and these are actual jewel meshes:

I suppose you would have to make custom inserts for all the lights?

It looks cool. It sort of reminds me of the sets used on one of the Dune movies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!