Paolo

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Batman(Data East)
Ok,we all know that the 2 left / right slingshot, are two systems created mostly to throw the ball out, i mean, the direction they push the ball is 80% line out,especially if you reconstruct a real table, and follow the original positions of the slingshots.
Now.... we can adjust them in the editor and in xml, so they don't go out-line mostly, and that's another way.

I have devised a three-contact mode of the slingshot, see photo, and each contact is equivalent to its own speed(better say, velocity) and angle of bounce
sling.jpg

here is also a video that demonstrates it, sorry slowdowns, but you can understand
View attachment slingway2.mp4

Is in development, it is not the slingshot and there are no emkickers to fend off the ball, but the ball.SetVelocity function,which converts the position or direction (the coordinates of an object) that you would like the ball to take, into an angle.
Btw,it could be improved but I don't have math knowledge, we'll see!

Last edited:
Perhaps a before and after would help? While I watched the video, I can't figure out how well it actually performs.

I'm on vacation so I can't get to the code to paste it, but we had a similar idea for VPX that might be helpful for techniques/math/reference if you want. I don't know how helpful it'll actually be for FP; VPX is all I know 😅

Basically we used a normal slingshot (wall segment in VPX) then placed reference points at either end, and the angle and power correction are done in script when the sling fires, based on the location.

Here's the example table with instructions on how we set it up - you should be able to find it by searching slingshot or Apophis (the engineer behind it):

Perhaps a before and after would help?
Hallo Mark
do you mean a normal sling and a sling with this mode? in a video?
While I watched the video, I can't figure out how well it actually performs.
I'm sorry, I thought the concept was clear, is the video bad?
The video shows that: hit the slingshot in three points, high, medium and low, the ball is sent in three directions which I show in the picture, you know the slingshot normally knocks the ball back in a random and incorrect way because there is no script on it (sub), and also in a way that very often towards the exit routes by losing the ball, regardless of how it is in a real real table, for me it is done on purpose, in FP it is the same, and it is not perfect.

Now with the ball.Set Velocity function, we can tell the slingshot (via walls), via script where to send the ball,both in speed and directions.
The direction of the ball is converted into an angle, let me explain better, from the point of impact of the ball on the slingshot (first red line at the top, photo) the direction is determined in an angle of 60 degrees, and speed 1300,towards the drop target.

Now, for the moment, angle and speed I decide, but I believe for those who know how to do math, it could be improved,for example that the slingshot rejects the ball based on the speed of impact, or that it rejects the ball based on if it is hit based on the direction, i.e. if I hit it with the ball going up the playfield, or when it is hit as the ball goes towards the drain, I always talk about direction.....and more guess!!

I will put the reference thread below check it out!!

Last edited:
I'm on vacation
Ehhhh, have fun man !!
but we had a similar idea for VPX that might be helpful
Thanks.....I'm very surprised by that, so my idea isn't exactly bad, as it also exists in VPX.

Basically we used a normal slingshot (wall segment in VPX) then placed reference points at either end, and the angle and power correction are done in script when the sling fires, based on the location.
Yes, the same way mine.....but as I said above to Mark, it must also be perfected based on how you are defining it,Wylte
Here's the example table with instructions on how we set it up - you should be able to find it by searching slingshot or Apophis (the engineer behind it):
Waooo.....I see that you have contributed in some way, my compliments, but what amazes me is that this demonstration table (from what I see) is something related to FizX?
I see.....
Flipper and physics corrections: nFozzy, Rothbauerw

Anyway i haven't logged into vpu for a long time, but I'll take a look,even though I know it will be very difficult for me.
Many thanks friend!!

Ok, This is the thread, where @Gimli proposes his theory or intuition, on something concerning "ball.Set Velocity function", which based on some mathematical calculation could create a magical code.

Here he explains that thanks to the conversion made by Rav, in the angle HERE, for a possible ....... ?????
one thing is very clear, maybe Fizx was thought of here!!

@Gimli I sent you a private message, and I hope you have read this thread

Good days for all you!!

Just to clarify once more, Inspiration to FizX comes from nfozzy / roth's work and there's where the similarities stop.

I did the same for the sound code after looking at VPW's example table and just like fizX, it's far from a simple "copy&paste". The only thing you can "copy" are the concepts and that's all.

@Paolo , you can't do what you want to do without the trajectory correction that Ravarcade, Gimli and Me made.... With wich you need a flipper to get contact point... So it should give you very complex stuff just for slingshot.... More complex than i already made.. For not better result.
At the beguinning, i use trajectory correction for flipper.... Before finding how make BAM have is own good trajectory and better than with Trajectory correction.

you can't do what you want to do without the trajectory correction that Ravarcade, Gimli and Me made
thank you for your suggestion,but what I want or to do, it shouldn't be something that could be about what you make,stay serene!
with @Gimli we have conceived and created the impossible!

but i repeat, you need what we made to apply a correction after hit. Othewise it will affect all ball trajectories in multiball no matter where they are.
Like Anontet said, nfozzy is an inspiration for FizX, but we didn't use any code from nfozzy because Vpx and FP don't have the same object possibilities. Also, if you need to know contact point, only flipper can do that, until if Rav could add contact point on a wall for exemple..

So what you want will be very complex

Ok, This is the thread, where @Gimli proposes his theory or intuition, on something concerning "ball.Set Velocity function", which based on some mathematical calculation could create a magical code.

Here he explains that thanks to the conversion made by Rav, in the angle HERE, for a possible ....... ?????
one thing is very clear, maybe Fizx was thought of here!!

@Gimli I sent you a private message, and I hope you have read this thread

Good days for all you!!
and this, this was the start point of Dfv2/FizX witch i master now

Ok,yes maybe, but that's not what I supposed, but if it should be so then we'll see.
yes i understand, what you mean, and i know they are not compatible, maybe i shouldn't talk about fizx, i just asked wytle a question, i didn't want to mess.
if the problem is a contact point then i can replace the wall with a 3d model and insert the collision mask, if that's what you mean and then only the pinball machine has it then i can create a 3d model with flipper extension

and this, this was the start point of Dfv2/FizX witch i master now
I know, that's why I introduced it, and I think it could be adapted for a real slingshot.

yes you'll need to create a specific "flipper model" to have contact point, and then need to use his prehit sub..

i already think of it for using Ball.Vspeed for better Threshold sensivity.. but it increase complexity of script for a big difference of just what i already use with ball.speed

I know, that's why I introduced it, and I think it could be adapted for a real slingshot.
this is why i said you it will be complex for not better result..
and as your PC is not strong, it will make your PC struggling

what you want is exactly what there is on fizX v104 and previous version for flipper

no, nothing about fizx.....

you don't understand.. what you search to do, it's what i made.. look at it.

There is no other way. It's like that.
i used the Rav/Gimli velocity correction, on wich i add contact point... like you want.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back