Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
Oops! Just noticed there are some potential problems with this table:

1) The script calls for the "teedoff3" ROM set, but if you only have that set, you won't hear any ROM sound! I've therefore corrected the resource entry to include both that set and the base "teedoff" set. You'll need them both.

2) You may not be able to insert coins if you don't have the table's nvram files set up correctly. The easiest way to deal with that is to drop the attached three files in to your VPM's "nvram" folder. Be sure to unzip them and overwrite the old ones. You can also cover the whole Gottlieb GTS3 & Bally 6803 sets at once by adding this batch.

If anyone has further issues with the table, please post them in this thread.

Thanks again to @rothbauerw for allowing this gem to be shared here. The roulette wheel is especially cool to me for feeling so realistic, with even surrounding lights reflecting on to the lower ball. :-)

Attachments

• TeedOffNvrams.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 508
Last edited:
Solution
Oops, I didn't get a notification for this. I thought threat-starters automatically get those, but maybe something changed at some point.

Anyway... hmm.
Okay, I presume you refreshed the two ROM sets and the three NV files, then restarted VPX? Another idea might be try the VPM testing app and see if music plays there.

Let me know, and I can try fiddling with my build tomorrow to see if I can replicate the issue.
I got it working. Had to delete NVRAM files. Start Table. Exit Then copy over NVRAM file and boom success. Great Table. Thanks
And a small anecdote--

Back around twenty years ago, I was on a trip out West with a GF, and found this game in the wild. I was stoked! See, I'd already been trying to get her in to the game, and had enjoyed some success when we previously found a "Tommy," managing to get a replay playing doubles.

So I cued us up for another doubles game, and moved around so that I was standing at the back and side of the machine, near the head, so as to stay out of the way of my partner. That arrangement takes a little getting used to, but winds up being a lot of fun, especially if the 'lower' player is good at nudging.

...and then my eyes wandered down to the flippered area. And then I turned and took another look at the backglass, noticing the middle couple in particular. I knew I had to say something right away, and not risk her getting in to the game, only to feel betrayed when she eventually noticed that shizzle. So we had to walk away.

Seriously, Gottlieb, what the HELL were you thinking with that creepy old man stuff? Like, you could have covered the whole sucker with sexy babes, just without the pervy arse-pinching, there, no?. :/

Bah.

Last edited:
Oops! Just noticed there are some potential problems with this table:

1) The script calls for the "teedoff3" ROM set, but if you only have that set, you won't hear any ROM sound! I've therefore corrected the resource entry to include both that set and the base "teedoff" set. You'll need them both.

2) You may not be able to insert coins if you don't have the table's nvram files set up correctly. The easiest way to deal with that is to drop the attached three files in to your VPM's "nvram" folder. Be sure to unzip them and overwrite the old ones.

If anyone has further issues with the table, please post them in this thread.

Thanks again to @rothbauerw for allowing this gem to be shared here. The roulette wheel is especially cool to me for feeling so realistic, with even surrounding lights reflecting on to the lower ball. :)

This worked great thanks!

Table loads. unable to start game. no music. Can enter maintenance mode on rom, it will shoot balls on table for test that I can flipper but unable to play the game. teedoff.zip 587kb teedoff1 124KB teedoff3 124KB. I also extracted TeedOffNvrams to nvram.

Table loads. unable to start game. no music. Can enter maintenance mode on rom, it will shoot balls on table for test that I can flipper but unable to play the game. teedoff.zip 587kb teedoff1 124KB teedoff3 124KB. I also extracted TeedOffNvrams to nvram.
Oops, I didn't get a notification for this. I thought threat-starters automatically get those, but maybe something changed at some point.

Anyway... hmm.
Okay, I presume you refreshed the two ROM sets and the three NV files, then restarted VPX? Another idea might be try the VPM testing app and see if music plays there.

Let me know, and I can try fiddling with my build tomorrow to see if I can replicate the issue.

Anyway... hmm.

I got it working. Had to delete NVRAM files. Start Table. Exit Then copy over NVRAM file and boom success. Great Table. Thanks

Solution
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back