Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) (Original, 2022)

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) (Original, 2022) 2.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
That is way too much swinging on the spinner.
I'm 100% sure it is possible to do a lot better with rav's code.

I'm not at home at the moment but if you think it is worth it I can have a look.

Very cool, the game plays great here even on my old i3/3.4GHz/GTX660, 50+ fps, everything seems, smooth enough, it's just the ball animation that seems to cause it to skip a beat, makes me wonder if turning off all the ball effects or some of them might be worth it here. Also had that floaty ball render, gather that is also a side effect of the old PC dragging its legs.

Top-notch, I do think that spinner needs to be a bit more sonic, and I did have it stick in a horizontal position once.

Added more table options in the script, including options to disable the ball effects that may slow down older PCs

Code:
sonic_ball_active = false                ' set to true to use a Sonic texture for the ball
Balls_Per_Game = 5                        ' number of balls to start a game with
Tilt_Warning_Recovery = true            ' set to true to enable a Tilt Warning reset 15 seconds after last warning

use_RayCast_Shadows = false            ' set to true to enable ray cast ball shadows (needs fast CPU / GPU!)

Invincibility_Ball_Effect = true        ' set to true to enable the animated ball effect when Invincibiliy is active
Shield_Ball_Effect = true                ' set to true to enable the shield ball effect when Shield is active
Shoes_Ball_Effect = true                ' set to true to enable the shoes ball effect when Sonic Shoes is active

TerryRed updated Sonic Pinball Mania (Original, 2022) with a new update entry:

1.1 - DOF, PUP SSF

Changelog (v1.1)

- lots of various fixes and changes that should make the game easier and more fun to play
- new chrome side rails
- Special 1 and Special 2 key / button will now also act as a plunger during gameplay
- adjusted spinner settings, added Ravarcade's new spinner code
- choas emerald inserts will blink when their respective mode is selected / active (only if it's not already collected)
- added new PinEvent V2 automated control and features code
- added full DOF and PUP...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thanks for the update, I would have liked to try it, unfortunately my Winblows install self-destructed. :userfriendly:

Though I'm hoping to catch the sequel. :sonic:

I'm pretty sure you can play pinball in linux @SteveOz
It worked with Wine a few years back so it probably runs under linux on Proton and of course Wine.

Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2) - PUPDMD first preview

Ring Hunt

Well, I'm getting close to finishing the first PinEvent V2 release which will Sonic Pinball Mania. Hard to believe its been over 1 years since I've done anything pup related. Here you can see the PUPDMD display is using the newer drop shadows feature for the text.

The 7 chaos emeralds, the 4 powerups, and the item box all graphically change to show what you've collected, or can collect on the main game in real-time. The text at the bottom gives you hints to what you need to do. The upper left and upper right show how many rings you've collected and how many you've banked.

Lots of videos for many table events are created with really sharp looking animated text and effects, with LOTs of colour. You can see Sonic running in the background... and this changes depending on the mode you are playing in.

Love how this turned out!

View attachment pupdmd ring hunt.mp4

Sonic Pinball Mania - PinEvent V2 (Future Pinball - BAM)

PinEvent V2 - PUPDMD update full gameplay demo

Coming Soon!

After months of work, my EPIC new PinEvent V2 update for Sonic Pinball Mania (for Future Pinball - BAM) is upon us! It has a dazzling new PuP-Pack and PUP DMD display with slick animated videos, crisp fonts with drop shadows, and a beautiful HUD that displays everything you need to know about your game in real-time.

The 1.2 table update has also received many fixes, changes, and some EPIC new Sonic music that will please many fans!

This is also the first table to receive my all-new PinEvent V2 update, which has new features, simpler settings, and automated checks and control for DOF, PUP SSF, and PUP DMD features. This will allow the table to work for "everyone" without "requiring" extra vbs files to run, while also allowing easy to apply global settings or custom settings for each table for ALL setups.

1.2 Table update, PuP-Pack, and PinEvent V2 Guide and files will be available VERY SOON!

TerryRed updated Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2) (Original, 2022) with a new update entry:

1.2 - PinEvent V2

Changelog (v1.2)

- added PinEvent V2 support for PUPDMD, PUPStream, and a new pup-pack with videos / text / overlays / backglass
- added lots of new music - new songs played with each new ball, and after each mode is completed
- small changes to playfield art
- various fixes and tweaks, relocated top most kicker to make the shot a bit easier
- fixed Mania Mode blinking (no longer blinks when lock is lit, etc)

EVERYONE using PinEvent V2 features (DOF, PUP SSF, PUP DMD)...

The spinner works nicely in 1.2.

TerryRed updated Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2 - FizX) (Original, 2022) with a new update entry:

Changelog (v1.4) FizX Update!

Changelog (v1.4)

- updated entire table for FizX physics
- added plastics reflective layer
- added new GI shadows layer
- added second stage flippers option
- added speed booster to right wireramp to ensure ball completes loop if hitting bots
- fixed Ball Saver not activating when launching a new ball (you can now adjust the time in TABLE OPTIONS)

At random times while playing this table, the ball seems to go into beach ball/slow motion mode and then goes back to proper ball speed. Does this happen to anyone else? This happens to me with either profile 1 or 2 and with fps= changed.

I have latest bam. All of your other fizx tables play fine for me.

Thanks

At random times while playing this table, the ball seems to go into beach ball/slow motion mode and then goes back to proper ball speed. Does this happen to anyone else? This happens to me with either profile 1 or 2 and with fps= changed.

I have latest bam. All of your other fizx tables play fine for me.

Thanks
The slow shield ball is a feature that you can turn off in script

We need to add this effect to Six Million Dollar Man table, and play bionics sound fx when it is in slow motion!!

Great table Terry!!
Thanks again!!

Anyone else getting the spinner stuck in a nonspinnable state while playing the table? I have latest bam.

Thanks

Anyone else getting the spinner stuck in a nonspinnable state while playing the table? I have latest bam.

Thanks

Depending on the FizX profile and fps setting you are using (and your Hz on your monitor).... it can still happen on occasion. There has been a new BAM update related to spinners... but I think I will need to update the table again, to properly adjust for that (and I don't know how yet).

The spinner isn't essential except for extra points more than anything.

Is there a quick way to 'reset' the spinner at the start of each ball?

Is there a quick way to 'reset' the spinner at the start of each ball?

Wish there was. I don't know of any way to manually control or force the position the spinner.

@jimform2k1
In the XML try to increase angularAccel="5.25" <- to 7... or higher. If you go too high the spinner might be in a seesaw state though and never actually stops.

Thanks. For Profile 2, I increased it to 7.25. Seems good.

@jimform2k1
In the XML try to increase angularAccel="5.25" <- to 7... or higher. If you go too high the spinner might be in a seesaw state though and never actually stops.

script error.....zrbtrackedsoundballs.....<------

script error.....zrbtrackedsoundballs.....<------

The table is not the problem. You are not setup and updated correctly.

Follow the install instructions included with the table and be sure you are updated with the latest BAM, patched for 4GB, using the correct FP video and Editor settings, and are running from FPLoader.exe. If still having problems, read the FAQ at the end of the Install Instructions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back