Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) (Original, 2022)

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP Sonic Pinball Mania (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) (Original, 2022) 2.0

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
TerryRed submitted a new resource:

Sonic Pinball Mania - Get a Load of This!

Sonic Pinball Mania

Created by TerryRed

Version 1.0, Feb 28 - 2022

Get ready for the most EPIC Sonic pinball table ever created... and a pinball game like you've never seen before!

This has everything a Sonic fan could want in one table. Green Hill zone scenery, Sonic Loop ramp, animated bumpers, springs, item box, checkpoint, chaos emerald flashers, red star spinner, launch tunnel, rotating goal sign, moving robots, animated characters such as Sonic / Knuckles / Shadow... and...

Read more about this resource...

Incroyable !!!
Tout simplement magnifique !
Super bravo
Merci pour votre passion!

The words awesome and beautiful dont do this table justice, this is what BAM is capable of and the master shows us how,this is Amazing.

I have a little problem.
The ball often disappears in the central hole (lock, hurry) and the game freezes.
I have installed the latest version of BAM

I have a little problem.
The ball often disappears in the central hole (lock, hurry) and the game freezes.

Be sure you followed the entire install instructions.

- don't trust start menu or desktop icons, as they may point to FuturePimball.exe instead of FPLoader.exe
- some people may need to run FPLoader.exe as Administrator at least one time for BAM to work
- some people have needed to run FPLoader.exe in Windows 8 compatibility mode to prevent crashing
- you MUST have the correct Video and Editor settings for this table to work correctly!
- I have included a picture of these settings in the table's zip file

All Visual C++ updates (to allow BAM to work properly). An easy All-in-One Installer can be found here (reboot after installing):

Be sure your PC is able to play the table. An older PC with not much ram and old GPU may not be able to run the table properly.

Hello Terry
I think my setup is good.
After replaying the table I saw that the ball was stuck below the bumper located above the center hole.
Otherwise everything is working perfectly.

- don't trust start menu or desktop icons, as they may point to FuturePimball.exe instead of FPLoader.exe
I mean... the table contains so much BAM scripting that there's no way it would even start up without error in vanilla FP, no?

All Visual C++ updates (to allow BAM to work properly). An easy All-in-One Installer can be found here (reboot after installing): https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/
Interesting. Did something change recently, or is this one of those 'just to be on the safe side' measures?

Be sure your PC is able to play the table. An older PC with not much ram and old GPU may not be able to run the table properly.
Challenge accepted! D:

I mean... the table contains so much BAM scripting that there's no way it would even start up without error in vanilla FP, no?

Interesting. Did something change recently, or is this one of those 'just to be on the safe side' measures?

Challenge accepted! D:
Just to be on the safe side: last update was in 2017

Challenge accepted! D:

Visual C++ updates are REQUIRED for BAM to work correctly and has been for years. I have had countless people not have the correct Visual C++ updates on their freshly installed Windows (or older Windows install) not be able to run BAM because of it. It's why I always recommend it, as they are ALL needed sooner or later not just for BAM but for many other older games and apps as well. Just use the all in one installer from that link... and done. Everyone should have those updates installed.

I have had countless people not have the correct Visual C++ updates on their freshly installed Windows (or older Windows install) not be able to run BAM because of it.
Oof. I checked just now (Settings/Apps & features), and my version is in fact out of date (14.0.24212). Last stable release seems to be v14.29.30133, from July 27, 2021.

Alrighty then.

@TerryRed
I just played Sonic in desktop mode and vr !
Wow
😯
!!!
Absolutely amazing stuff !!

In vr for some reason the oculus quest2 jitter resolved itself after a few minutes this time ( not sure it will stay fixed) but I was able to play in vr for a good period of time !!

The table is wonderful in vr as you can look around the room and enjoy the textured models and you have a better perspective on the table itself
and the animated characters just pop !
A couple observations:
1. In vr tails airplane flies thru the table side rails I think
2. There is a custom ball that is cloudy and sl larger and floaty .
Is that intentional ?

Thanks for the truly innovative masterpiece and such a gift to the community !

Cheers Bob

@TerryRed
I just played Sonic in desktop mode and vr !
Wow
😯
!!!
Absolutely amazing stuff !!

In vr for some reason the oculus quest2 jitter resolved itself after a few minutes this time ( not sure it will stay fixed) but I was able to play in vr for a good period of time !!

The table is wonderful in vr as you can look around the room and enjoy the textured models and you have a better perspective on the table itself
and the animated characters just pop !
A couple observations:
1. In vr tails airplane flies thru the table side rails I think
2. There is a custom ball that is cloudy and sl larger and floaty .
Is that intentional ?

Thanks for the truly innovative masterpiece and such a gift to the community !

Cheers Bob

I havent tried in VR yet....

Tails may come close to hitting side rails, or hit them at different time. Would have been more noticable if I was able to play in vr though (still recovering). More likely in Tails is Tripping to keep him low enough to be seen in desktop view.

The "shield" power up will create a shield around the ball and slow down time to 75% for 20 secs. This can only show on one ball at a time. Its a toy ball model slightly larger than the ball size and tracked to the ball. Same thing done for invincible. I have this toy pop up when used, then hide far below the table. If I don't.... it always shows around the ball...even with a invisible texture.

Be sure FP is closed completely "every" time when exiting / crashing, as you will see things like that model around the ball when you arent supposed. to.

Last edited:
Beautiful table! It played perfectly the first time. No issues. I was expecting problems with the extensive write up that you posted but didn't have to change anything.

Finally at home but since the youngest is already at bed, i'll delay my play... what we do for kids :D

I was already biased towards the theme obviously so having to wait even more is killing me. Especially seeing all the positive response here and other communities.

Pro hint: ignore function is bliss :wink: :wink:

Beautiful table! It played perfectly the first time. No issues. I was expecting problems with the extensive write up that you posted but didn't have to change anything.

The install instructions write up is for cabinet users and mostly new people who never used FP. A table like this gets new people who never tried FP before wanting to play it simply because its a Sonic table. I'll be the same for Silent Hill based on all the comments I get from Silent Hill fans.

Trust me... it saved a lot of new people from having headaches... as I've had WAY fewer people having problems running the table compared to other releases.... and it made the cabinet guys very happy to be able to have SSF until a PinEvent version is released.

When Sonic game first came out on Sega Genesis, it was the first game that could move through the game screen at break neck speeds!!
I played the hell out of this game!!
It is one of my favorite Sega Genesis games!! (Ecco the Dolphin, Road Rash, and Crue Ball are next in line.)
This is now my Favorite Future Pinball Table!!
You really did a great job on implementing all the little things from the Video Game!!
AWESOME TERRY!!!
Thanks for your hard work on this!!
Carry on.

Just realised the game hadn't been "featured" here yet, so I swapped its place with Retroflare in the scrolling list. All good?

Btw, forgot to mention-- I really liked the 'development log' thread approach with the video updates. Such a great way of sharing progress and building excitement with a table. IMO it really brings in the human / community aspect of table-building, as opposed to the site & scene being mere 'upload repositories,' which pretty much encourages users to just grab content and move on.

So, thanks much for all that. :-)

Given how long some of these releases can take.... (Silent Hill and RF2 over a year now)... and also how big some of these tables are for content... I'd rather be able to show something along the way. It does help others to grasp just what it takes for creating content like this compared to say... the quick updates I did for BvS and JYC. It shows how something can start one way... then evolve into something completely different over time.

I have a little problem.

I saw a picture of someone else with this issue as shown here:

1646239045696.png

It looks like they are missing the kicker brake/blocker that stops the ball from rolling past there.

It's important that everyone is completely closing FP every time you exit a table, or load a new table (if you don't then sometimes certain components may not show up or be used,etc). Also be sure you are using the exact video settings I show in the picture I included in the zip file. It matters.

My guess is... that blocker is marked as an ornament, and if FP Video settings aren't setup correctly (like I show in the zip file)... and ornamental objects are disabled then that blocker won't be there. I'm surprised it was Set as Ornament.... that should only be used for cosmetic items that don't affect gameplay. Though if video settings are set correctly... its not an issue anymore. This isn't 2006 anymore :)

Everyone should be seeing this:

1646239098473.png

Last edited:
Hello Terry, I confirm you have to check the box "render ornaments"
and the problem is solved.
Have a good day and thank you again for the very nice work

Hello Terry, I confirm you have to check the box "render ornaments"
and the problem is solved.
Have a good day and thank you again for the very nice work

Everyone should be using this for video settings, it's important not just for this table, but for all tables. You could probably use texture compression if needed (if your video card is older with less VRAM).... but nowadays most people don't need it (maybe Silent Hill and RetroFlair 2 will change that for some people)

FP Video and Editor settings.jpg

Last edited:
Well, finally had a taste of it. I'll just add wow to the list of wow because the table really is impressive. Now if I could find a way to put the TV on the side to play in 4k that would be something :)

Tech note @TerryRed
You seem to have done a hell of a job optimizing this table. The Addams Family needs a lot more VRAM (+1.2GB actually) for example! Anyone with 2GB vRAM can play this table. This table though, seems to hit a limit on FP because GPU at 55% (max) and just 1.4GB VRAM used it won't go lower thatn 140fps but barely goes above 180fps too.

Still, it is a hell of an optimization job but I wonder what can cause this "limit" on FP.

PS: I won the 1st game.. by just a million almost. Challenging me.. pfff :D

Well, finally had a taste of it. I'll just add wow to the list of wow because the table really is impressive. Now if I could find a way to put the TV on the side to play in 4k that would be something :)

Tech note @TerryRed
You seem to have done a hell of a job optimizing this table. The Addams Family needs a lot more VRAM (+1.2GB actually) for example! Anyone with 2GB vRAM can play this table. This table though, seems to hit a limit on FP because GPU at 55% (max) and just 1.4GB VRAM used it won't go lower thatn 140fps but barely goes above 180fps too.

Still, it is a hell of an optimization job but I wonder what can cause this "limit" on FP.

PS: I won the 1st game.. by just a million almost. Challenging me.. pfff :D

I found that the format of images makes a big difference. I went from using jpgs at 95 to 100 quality settings created very large images that gave no benefit to better quality. On RF2 alone I save about 350 MB when I saved all my images to 80 or 85 quality for jpg. Using BMP is even worse as they don't use compression.

TAF U-Pro has a lot of jpg images for the videos (as does many of SLAM's tables)... and that adds up quick for VRAM usage.

Last edited:
I saw a picture of someone else with this issue as shown here:

View attachment 24033

It looks like they are missing the kicker brake/blocker that stops the ball from rolling past there.

It's important that everyone is completely closing FP every time you exit a table, or load a new table (if you don't then sometimes certain components may not show up or be used,etc). Also be sure you are using the exact video settings I show in the picture I included in the zip file. It matters.

My guess is... that blocker is marked as an ornament, and if FP Video settings aren't setup correctly (like I show in the zip file)... and ornamental objects are disabled then that blocker won't be there. I'm surprised it was Set as Ornament.... that should only be used for cosmetic items that don't affect gameplay. Though if video settings are set correctly... its not an issue anymore. This isn't 2006 anymore :)

Everyone should be seeing this:

View attachment 24034
Sorry Terry ---I downloaded your table to-day and the .zip file was empty. Is this something on my end or Nirvana?

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Poor Man's Pinball Podcast has posted a new reply in the thread "Poor Man's Pinball Podcast".
      Back