Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) 1.7

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
TerryRed submitted a new resource:

Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2) - Look at the size of that thing!

Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION

Original Ultimate Pro table by SLAMT1LT

GALACTIC EDITION by TerryRed

Table version: 1.0 - GALACTIC EDITION – PinEvent V2 (July 2022)

A long time ago (2005) on a pinball editor far, far away... this table started its long journey.

First it started as the Sci-Fi Classic example table in 2005. Then SLAMT1LT created his Star Wars mod in 2010, which then evolved over the years to his Ultra version, then his Ultimate version...

Read more about this resource...

omg @TerryRed this is awesome, ive put a short preview on my site but linked the full article to your utube video so people know and ive said to READ all your instruction so they get the maximum play and experience from it i hope thats ok with you.? If not i will remove it immediacy but i know in the past youve been ok with this, even giving me advise on how to set it, but just wanted to make sure you ok with this.

Thanks for this awesome release.

Ian

What a table! Each time I thing the maximum has achieved with FP, BAM and PinEvent, you prove me wrong. Thanks for all the hard work put into this!

I may have an issue though, but I am not sure. When I launch the ball, BB-8 looses its 'head' which the remains stuck on the top left of the table. In the videos I have seen so far shared by you on Youtube, the head of BB-8 stays on the 'ball'.

Known Issue - Crash after a "Fail" and returning to Attract

There is a known issue / bug that causes the table to crash when returning to Attract mode after either failing Time Attack, or when the Death Star destroys your planet. I mentioned this in the table script, but forgot to add it to the Install Instructions (I'll upload a new version of the instructions with this added).

We don't know what causes it, and apparently SLAM had the same issue long ago (could be a FP or BAM bug).

It only happens randomly (more likely on Time Attack when failing)... but there's nothing I can currently do about.

On Windows 11 - all your previous tables work np. Eager to test this out :) - I have all proper run times - table starts to load about 20% hangs did you use a newer visual runtime library this time around?
1658699179772.png

DOF Config Tool - need to update again.

Everyone who tried to already update their DOF Config Tool files, needs to do so again! For whatever reason the site had the table set to PRIVATE, even though I didn't save it that way.

It appeared fine to me, but wouldn't have shown for anyone else.

It should be fixed now. Just re-generate new configs from the site and it should work now.

On Windows 11 - all your previous tables work np. Eager to test this out :) - I have all proper run times - table starts to load about 20% hangs did you use a newer visual runtime library this time around?
View attachment 25480

Follow the install instructions. You need the latest BAM.

This table also requires that FP and BAM be patched to access 4 GB.

Follow the install instructions. You need the latest BAM.

This table also requires that FP and BAM be patched to access 4 GB.
I did follow upgrade instructions for BAM - It got much further this time but crash again :( - sorry to be a burden. I'll try 2 in 1 installer instead maybe my FP needs updating completely too.
1658699948667.png

Are the run time libraries Win 10/11 exclusive ? Windows 7 ?

Still no go :( that error persists Runtime Error! I will try to install all-in one visual runtime again - odd all other previous tables work just fine.

Finally got it going - in my case all my BAM was in good standing - it was the 4GB patch in the instructions that I trully needed! :) Very Nice table and community behind it all. Down the road I will try to make pup pack work I can never get the video layers to stick on the screen but I'm happy regardless without Pinevent stuff. vpinball pup stuff works well single screen projector 180" wall...

Last edited:
I am looking forward to SLAMT1LT giving this a go

Astounding work Terry !

I made an exception for this one and fired up a game for the 1st time in months. Granted, I only played for about 5m but wow... I thought EPIC would be the ... epic? :D version but no... GALACTIC is the new EPIC.

Played smooth as butter on my gtx1080 paired with an i5 (o/c to 5Ghz). I wish I could try this on VR but it'll take a while.

I am looking forward to SLAMT1LT giving this a go

Astounding work Terry !

I sent him a link in email. The last time he ever responded was when Epic Space Battles was released way back. The only time I saw a post from him since was when he posted about Sonic Pinball Mania on pinsimdb (and the pinsimdb post here on PN). As we all know... he keeps to himself and rarely ever responds to anyone.

I may have an issue though, but I am not sure. When I launch the ball, BB-8 looses its 'head' which the remains stuck on the top left of the table. In the videos I have seen so far shared by you on Youtube, the head of BB-8 stays on the 'ball'.
I updated BAM again and also applied 4GB patch to it again, and now BB-8 is keeping its 'head'. Not sure what went wrong there, because I am almost sure I updated BAM correctly yesterday.

I updated BAM again and also applied 4GB patch to it again, and now BB-8 is keeping its 'head'. Not sure what went wrong there, because I am almost sure I updated BAM correctly yesterday.
I have the same issue, but updated bam and have that and the FP exe patched. Do you happen to have an AMD card you run it on?

I have the same issue, but updated bam and have that and the FP exe patched. Do you happen to have an AMD card you run it on?
I can help you with BB8 if this issue persists but you can go with chrome ball during attract mode using right flipper…

It may be that I set the BB8 head mp grab box a little thin and some rigs don’t pick it up for some reason

I can help you with BB8 if this issue persists but you can go with chrome ball during attract mode using right flipper…

It may be that I set the BB8 head mp grab box a little thin and some rigs don’t pick it up for some reason

Yeah, still persisting, and I don't mind testing things out. I tried changing some of the code on my own to see if it fixed anything (was thinking collision issue like amd cards have with VP), but I don't know enough about coding tables yet.

Yeah, still persisting, and I don't mind testing things out. I tried changing some of the code on my own to see if it fixed anything (was thinking collision issue like amd cards have with VP), but I don't know enough about coding tables yet.
In the video below , I show you how to adjust the box that grabs the BB8 head
1. I put a wire guide between the flippers so the ball won't drain
2. Run table
3.Press menu key "Q" or "~" key
4. Go To "Dev" options then "Mini-playfield"
5.MP “Idx < 27 >” . 27 is the MP that was used to grab BB8 head
6.Make sure "Objects Position: Target" is selected
7.Expand the x-min / x-max range and see if that captures the head
8.If not then do the same with y- min/max range or z-min/max range
9.Once captured the head should jump to the ball (BB8's body)
10.Shrink the range settings to the smallest possible range that still grabs the head
11.When done with the cursor in the top half of menu screen, press Control-C and BAM will save
the new MP coordinates
12. Go To Code and do a "Find" for "Dim BB8_Head_MP"
13. on a new line press Control-V and that will paste your new code, but it will be called Miniplayfield_27
14. change the name to "BB8_Head_MP" so it looks like this:

Dim BB8_Head_MP ' Xmin Xmax Ymin Ymax Zmin Zmax CenX CenY CenZ
Set BB8_Head_MP = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield( bla bla bla bla bla)

15. Remark out the previous Dim and Set code lines by putting an apostrophe in front of each line

15. Save table and exit FP altogether

16. Reload FP and table

A few things to observe in the video

1. Use arrow keys to toggle between options in the menu

2. If you press and hold “Control key” while using left and right arrow keys , you can rapidly scan through the various values that you are tweaking

3. I increased “scale” value to prove to myself that I was tweaking the right object BB8 head and so I could more easily see what I was doing

4. The scale should be returned to the preferred value before saving your new code 0.320

5. Notice how BB8 head goes to top left of screen when the parameter range is too narrow

At this point he is no longer captured and the model simply returns to its origin and is useless

View attachment Future Pinball 2022-07-26 07-34-01-06.mp4

Last edited:
BB-8 is a model that is rendered on top of the chrome ball.

Be sure you are using the exact FP video settings I show in the install instructions, and have vsync enabled.

I don't think it's a table issue.

Here are my settings. Not sure as it is a table issue either, but not sure where to start looking.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    27.4 KB · Views: 27
Odd, check this out. I can get it to disappear, but not attach. Also, notice the texture on the ball when launched shows as part chrome etc...

View attachment 25489
A couple of things you can try to see what is going on .... in case it is the table
1. Go to table editor , "translite" view and grab the DMD and drag it off to the side so it won't obscure you view and don't do pup screen yet...
2. In the BAM menu there is an option for BAM menu preferences , if you play around , you will see that you can move the menu to the right and get rid of the blue translucency of the menu.
This will also improve your view.
3. You may now see the head in the top left corner of the screen
4. Go crazy with parameter range under IDX 27

decrease the xmin and increase the xmax dramatically
and do the same with ymin and ymax and zmin and zmax

I don't think you are grabbing BB8's head once you do it will jump to the body with other table objects if you set the range too big ....he he

You can also press F11 and use WSAD keys and move to top left of table to try and see the BB8
that you are trying to grab

Odd, check this out. I can get it to disappear, but not attach. Also, notice the texture on the ball when launched shows as part chrome etc...

View attachment 25489
ah I just delete my post....
I couldn't see BB8's head....It is in upper playfield
Ok that is different. It's not tracking the ball for some reason.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back