Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) 1.7

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
Running it from its own folder may actually cause problems, because the table searches for PinEvent_V2_Setting.txt, and depending on the PC's Defender / anti-virus / security settings, it could "cause" another error.

It's why I always recommend to keep PinEvent V2 tables in the Tables folder, not in a sub folder or any other folder.

Good idea, I'll try to do that !
Tnkx

Running it from its own folder may actually cause problems, because the table searches for PinEvent_V2_Setting.txt, and depending on the PC's Defender / anti-virus / security settings, it could "cause" another error.

It's why I always recommend to keep PinEvent V2 tables in the Tables folder, not in a sub folder or any other folder.

Probably good advice, though I have always put your games in their own subfolder and run without issue. My Tables folder is already crowded, and your submissions are just too special to reside with the rest.

(...shameless flattery totally not apologized for...)

it can pop another error dud to external software which *cab* mean that the current file might have a problem. It is just a test

/edit
I do have my tables all in their own folder and on a different disk

TerryRed updated Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2 - FizX) with a new update entry:

New FizX physics and Time Attack fail crash fix

CHANGELOG (v1.1):

- updated entire table for FizX physics
- added new Yoda animations (thanks Gimli)
- added optional Time Attack Quick Ending to avoid random crash bug when Death Star blows up planet
- fixed Backglass Art options not changing on startup
- fixed chrome ball being partially visible when BB-8 ball is being used
- various table fixes

Read the rest of this update entry...

I was so eager to try I forgot to change teh profile to 2. That was another minute lost just saving the table and 2m flat to load. 5m to actually play the thing but totally worth it.
I still suck at this table though the fun factor is great so I keep trying :)

I like it although the flippers appear to be too sensitive to me. The ball tends to jump up and down while on the flippers, especially when using Profile 1 with the 296 fps. It is not as bad on Profile 2 with 592 fps but there is still some jumping. ...But I can fix it with your tool.

No issues here. Don't confuse BB-8's head twitching with ball movement. :)

If you mean a little bit of bouncing off the flippers... that's typical with real pins depending on rubbers used and how the ball comes down.... and more down to preference. I adjusted it more to how I see ball behavior on real pins / VP tables than what I'm used to seeing on FP tables.

As you said... the Tweaker Tool makes it easy for anyone to adjust everything to their liking easily.

What is the easiest way to make the very top three lane lit lights brighter when the ball goes down them? On this table and Sonic, I find it difficult to tell if a lane light is lit or not when cycling thru them and other lights are flashing around the table.

Thanks

I don't know how it is coded but you can do it like this:
LightName1Ext.brightness=5
You also have glowbrightness and glow options. Glow is just to enable disable glow

If you are using a steep desktop camera view... changing the brightness won't really help.

You would need to change the table script brightness for each light. Change the PFLights_Brightness_GI_ON to a number between 1.4 to 4. It's normally set for around 1.4 or 2 I think.

1661605552026.png

The way I do it on my table mods is at the end of "PFLights_Brightness_GI_ON" for each of the 3 lights just type +2 or higher. That way Terry's constant at the top of the script for "PFLights_Brightness_GI_ON" will still work for these lights, only they will be proportionally brighter.

If you are using a steep desktop camera view... changing the brightness won't really help.

You would need to change the table script brightness for each light. Change the PFLights_Brightness_GI_ON to a number between 1.4 to 4. It's normally set for around 1.4 or 2 I think.
Thanks for the code info.

OMG Terry, this table is out of this world!!!

TerryRed updated Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX) with a new update entry:

1.2 - FizX physics v2.0, new dynamic FLEEPs sounds, new BB8 ball, reduced load times!

- added new BB8 model for the ball (uses less polygons, head and body sizes are correct)
- optimized many models to reduce the amount of polygons they use
- load time is much quicker as a result of the optimized models
- changed dynamic camera views (desktop only) to better match table events (death star explosion, video mode, etc)
- updated table and physics to FizX v2.0
- updated PinEvent V2 Ball Rolling functions: new singular code for both FP and PUP SSF
- updated PinEvent V2...

Read the rest of this update entry...

So I tested the loading time... 1:30s flat. that's a record :D
i5@5GHz - GTX1080 no o/c loading from a spinning disk (that can read sequential over 100MB/s)

great work there. and no, I did not play.

Awesome! 😁😁😁. It play perfect now with FizX 2.0 😁. Every shoot are possible, when you want, how you want... It play like your skill let yo to play.. For the first time, i went to Dark Star mission.. and 2 time in the same play! 😁😁😁..

But i had an issue.. The first time, i missed the mission, but the second i put the two balls on Solo Ramps, and it give me mission fail... Then the game release me the second ball from Solo Ramp.. I still played like normal game with the second ball on plunger lane.. So i launch it, that permit me to play with the 2 balls... As soon as i loose one ball, the game stop and i loose the second ball, and then no more ball in the plugger lane and nothing possible to do apart "air flipper with no ball".. I was forced to tilt the game to stop this issue, and it was my third ball 😭😭😭...

I was in Jedi master myself 😭😭😭😭
IMG_20230113_151905.jpg

Awesome! 😁😁😁. It play perfect now with FizX 2.0 😁. Every shoot are possible, when you want, how you want... It play like your skill let yo to play.. For the first time, i went to Dark Star mission.. and 2 time in the same play! 😁😁😁..

But i had an issue.. The first time, i missed the mission, but the second i put the two balls on Solo Ramps, and it give me mission fail... Then the game release me the second ball from Solo Ramp.. I still played like normal game with the second ball on plunger lane.. So i launch it, that permit me to play with the 2 balls... As soon as i loose one ball, the game stop and i loose the second ball, and then no more ball in the plugger lane and nothing possible to do apart "air flipper with no ball".. I was forced to tilt the game to stop this issue, and it was my third ball 😭😭😭...

I was in Jedi master myself 😭😭😭😭
View attachment 35452
I have a Ryzen 7 and an AMD 6600 XT with 32m of memory. (Win 11 latest) I have tried three times reloading Bam and FPLloader with the 64 bit patch.
The latest Star War games works wonderfully until a point in time where the game pops out to windows. The particular time that it quit was exactly at the "end" of the Time Trial section. To add to the mystery, the latest Blue vs Pink locked up on me after approximately the same amount of time into the game. I have the other two PinEvent 2 tables with the new physics downloaded but I have not tried them to see if they lock up also. It is a shame, these games are so great now!

Sincerely, for pincab i recommand Windows 10 LSTC Arium edition... An offical lightweight Windows edition with nothing more than essential, and with no Defender if you want.. It more light than Windows 7, and there as some extra tools from Arium Team that are usefull. I never have issue like this on FP

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back