Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3)

SS Original Table FizX BAM FP Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX 3.3) 1.7

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
TerryRed updated Star Wars: Death Star Assault - GALACTIC EDITION (PinEvent V2, FizX) with a new update entry:

1.3 - FizX update, Ball Rolling Sounds update, fixes

- updated FizX physics code to change how ball ID's are handled to prevent conflicts
- updated FizX physics code for more efficient Rubber bounce handling
- updated Ball Rolling Sound code to change how ball ID's are tracked to prevent conflicts
- removed old PUPRollingUpdateTimer commands that are no longer used (would give an error if PinEvent Settings were forced to be disabled)
- added fixes for final shot to destroy Death Star (now you can try the shot again if ball didn't...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
hi

hi terry many thanks as always :)
one query the table won't start because it's found cm arcade cabinet.
Your other table updates are working fine :)

In the Install Instructions

- Update to the latest BAM
- patch both FuturePinball.exe and FPLoader.exe for 4 GB access after updating BAM
- install my BAM Settings files
- use the correct FP Video and Editor settings that I show
- always completely close FP when exiting a table for any reason before trying the same table again, or loading another table
- DOFLinx (if installed) can't be running while running this table

This table "requires" the 4 GB patch be properly applied, as it uses more ram than other FP tables.

All now good terry thanks:)
not sure what the problem was thou

An update on my Ryzen 7 and 6600 XT with new FP/FizX improvements. I am still having FP crashing with various tables that use FizX and or the 4 GB access. It usually crashes on the second or third ball with no particular ball movement. The latest Xenon table is an example of the crash. The table is not super sophisticated like your PinEvent tables, but it does use FizX and the 4 GB access patch. It feels like a memory leak.
I have been very diligent on the table, FP, BAM and video drivers hoping a cure will pop up.

I am sure some other folks have Ryzen chips but I don't have an Nvidia graphics board which may put me in a minority. My next step is to transfer the offending tables to another machine that is Intel and Nvidia to see if I can replicate the crash.

An update on my Ryzen 7 and 6600 XT with new FP/FizX improvements. I am still having FP crashing with various tables that use FizX and or the 4 GB access. It usually crashes on the second or third ball with no particular ball movement. The latest Xenon table is an example of the crash. The table is not super sophisticated like your PinEvent tables, but it does use FizX and the 4 GB access patch. It feels like a memory leak.
I have been very diligent on the table, FP, BAM and video drivers hoping a cure will pop up.

I am sure some other folks have Ryzen chips but I don't have an Nvidia graphics board which may put me in a minority. My next step is to transfer the offending tables to another machine that is Intel and Nvidia to see if I can replicate the crash.

It would not be the first time that AMD drivers have caused problems.... though usually not table crashing.

I have a Steam Deck which uses an AMD AIO (GPU and CPU in one chip)... and all FP tables, including all PinEvent V2 and other tables with and without FizX all work, and I have never had any crashing.

Be sure your system doesn't have Windows Defender enabled, or other anti-virus, etc... and that nothing has been blocked by Windows. Try setting FPLoader.exe to Windows 8 Compatibility,

I already had the fpl in windows 8 compatibility mode. I had excluded VPin directory from Defender before. I turned it off entirely and it did not help.

From the Bam crash file it looks like something with ATI graphics (see attached)

I submitted a bug report plus the crash data for Xenon to AMD to see if I get any response

Just updated future pinball and all the things that go with it. Awesome guide by TerryRed.

Hopefully someone can help me with an issue with the star wars tables. So with my older Star Wars DSA and this one, when I start, the ball immediately rolls up and to the left. I don't even use the plunger. The ball just immediately starts rolling. Any ideas?

Just to be clear, the DSA version was doing this before I updated.

I used TerryRed's guide to add the Star Wars Galatic edition.

Also, I am using a cabinet with the three screen setup. All working there.

I added the new 1k physics ball with the default.zip file.

I tested Jaws and Sonic. Both do not do this. None of my VPX tables do this either.

I'm realllly wanting to get this star wars running.

Please help :)

Last edited:
Just updated future pinball and all the things that go with it. Awesome guide by TerryRed.

Hopefully someone can help me with an issue with the star wars tables. So with my older Star Wars DSA and this one, when I start, the ball immediately rolls up and to the left. I don't even use the plunger. The ball just immediately starts rolling. Any ideas?

Just to be clear, the DSA version was doing this before I updated.

I used TerryRed's guide to add the Star Wars Galatic edition.

Also, I am using a cabinet with the three screen setup. All working there.

I tested Jaws and Sonic. Both do not do this. None of my VPX tables do this either.

I'm realllly wanting to get this star wars running.

Please help :)
Do you have a gamepad plugged in?
Try removing it and plugging it back in.
I am no Future Pinball expert.
But when this type of ball behaviour happens with Visual Pinball, it is usually caused by a gamepad controller plugged in with the controller stick being pushed off center for some reason.

No gamepad. I do have a wireless keyboard and mouse. I'll try unplugging it tonight to see if it makes a difference.

Just odd that it doesn't do it to vpx or other future pinball tables.

Delete all FPRam file and Cfg file from SW DSA in BAM/FPRam and BAM/CFG folder

No gamepad. I do have a wireless keyboard and mouse. I'll try unplugging it tonight to see if it makes a difference.

Just odd that it doesn't do it to vpx or other future pinball tables.

Be sure that you don't have the mouse or other gamepads enabled in FP controller settings. Restart FP.

Thank you for everyone's input. Much appreciated.

Removing the cfg and FRram did not resolve it.

I unplugged the mouse and keyboard receive and that did not resolve it.

I checked the "Game Keys and Controls" in Future PInball and not seeing mouse mapped to anything.

I did notice is that it acts differently each time I launch it. I've seen it roll to the top left sometimes and other times drop down normally but veer slightly to the right. I've also seen the ball go into some kind of weird gravity effect issue. The ball can't even get out of the launch area. It comes up and quickly comes down.

It did work once as normal. I noticed that when it worked, none of the lights flashed on and off and the knockers didn't go off at the beginning. I finished the game, exited, and relaunched. The back lights and knockers came on again and sure enough, the ball behaved erratically again. I'm now wondering if something in the DOF settings are wacking it out.

Clean the .cfg and fpram again, re-download the table and extract the needed files to your preferred paths.
Use Terry's .cfg appropriate file that is in the downloaded .zip.

Do you mean, you renamed the 1k ball as default.zip and put it in your FP install folder? If not, you should do this instead of having it near every table because you can use it on all tables, not just FizX tables).

Thank you for everyone's input. Much appreciated.

Removing the cfg and FRram did not resolve it.

I unplugged the mouse and keyboard receive and that did not resolve it.

I checked the "Game Keys and Controls" in Future PInball and not seeing mouse mapped to anything.

I did notice is that it acts differently each time I launch it. I've seen it roll to the top left sometimes and other times drop down normally but veer slightly to the right. I've also seen the ball go into some kind of weird gravity effect issue. The ball can't even get out of the launch area. It comes up and quickly comes down.

It did work once as normal. I noticed that when it worked, none of the lights flashed on and off and the knockers didn't go off at the beginning. I finished the game, exited, and relaunched. The back lights and knockers came on again and sure enough, the ball behaved erratically again. I'm now wondering if something in the DOF settings are wacking it out.

Make sure that DOFLinx is NOT running if you have that installed. Make sure everything is updated / setup correctly as shown in the included Install Instructions.

Last edited:
For AnonTot's question, I put the 1K Physics Ball as default.zip in the BAM folder per TerryRed's PDF guide/Install instructions.

TerryRed posted the fix at the same time I was coming to the same conclusion.

Here's the latest:

I was reading the Star Wars DSA notes in its script and did see the part about DOFLinx running. I checked and it was indeed running. I killed it with task manager but it had same issue. I then restarted FPLoader (as I hadn't after killing it) and the issue went away.

Before I had done that, I set PinEvent_Enabled from true to false, this also fixed the issue. Of course this breaks full dmd and other things needed for the table.

So what is DOFLinx.exe for?? Well, when running popper, I notice I no longer show the names of the tables under their wheels. I guess I'll just play star wars through FPLoader and kill DOFLinx when I want to play it. Do that until I have a better solution. Definitely need to read more about this stuff.

So mystery solved. Thank you, all. Very much appreciated.

Last edited:
For AnonTot's question, I put the 1K Physics Ball as default.zip in the BAM folder per TerryRed's PDF guide/Install instructions.

TerryRed posted the fix at the same time I was coming to the same conclusion.

Here's the latest:

I was reading the Star Wars DSA notes in its script and did see the part about DOFLinx running. I checked and it was indeed running. I killed it with task manager but it had same issue. I then restarted FPLoader (as I hadn't after killing it) and the issue went away.

Before I had done that, I set PinEvent_Enabled from true to false, this also fixed the issue. Of course this breaks full dmd and other things needed for the table.

So what is DOFLinx.exe for?? Well, when running popper, I notice I no longer show the names of the tables under their wheels. I guess I'll just play star wars through FPLoader and kill DOFLinx when I want to play it. Do that until I have a better solution. Definitely need to read more about this stuff.

So mystery solved. Thank you, all. Very much appreciated.

Killing the DOFLinx task, disableing the FP Backbox / Arcade mode in registry, dmdext, etc... are all needed for PinEvent tables if using PUP features.

DOFLinx is not used for PinEvent tables and will interfere with dof, etc. It is used for older FP tables that have DOFLinx support (for adding DOF) and for FX3. PinEvent has direct DOF support, so you don't use DOFLinx with PinEvent tables.

How to do so was linked to in the Install Instructions at this page for Popper examples.

Killing the DOFLinx task, disableing the FP Backbox / Arcade mode in registry, dmdext, etc... are all needed for PinEvent tables if using PUP features.

DOFLinx is not used for PinEvent tables and will interfere with dof, etc. It is used for older FP tables that have DOFLinx support (for adding DOF) and for FX3. PinEvent has direct DOF support, so you don't use DOFLinx with PinEvent tables.

How to do so was linked to in the Install Instructions at this page for Popper examples.

Perfect. I see now. Makes sense. Thank you.

The launch and close scripts worked perfect for me on your guide here: https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=46535

The tables launch perfectly in popper.

I also want to mention that I hadn't copied the new pin event v2 settings txt file over which I am sure was some of my issue.

Star wars and sonic are working amazing. Loving the new physics. All DOF effects working.

Thank you, again.

Last edited:
I thought I'd post on this issue one last time in case anyone has this very interesting issue. So the issue came back. I played jaws, star wars, sonic, pink and blue, and all good. Then all of the sudden the issue came back out of no where when I loaded up Halloween. I was like, hmm, what changed?!? Before I give the answer to that, I'll put what steps I did to find my issue.

• On the Sonic table script, I turned the pin event 2 customization settings on and then set DOF to false. The issue went away. Ok, I turned DOF back to true for further testing.
  • I turned debugging on but didn't find anything of value for my issue.
  • I then got the idea to remove multiple ports at a time on the DOF config tool, save, and generate the file. I then used those to overwrite my existing files. I tested with the new directoutputconfig51.ini and DOF files, and the issue went away. The portion of DOF ports (lights, knockers, etc) I had kept worked.
  • After process of elimination, I was left with 1 port left that I needed to add back in the DOF config tool which was the shaker motor. I added it back and saved the new config file. After overwriting the files again, sure enough the issue was back.
  • Now that I know it's the shaker moter, I turned the shaker motor intensity knob all the way off and reloaded the table. The issue was gone.
  • I moved the intensity knob up quite a bit and the issue was back. I then turned it down a bit to where it still worked but not near as strong. I reloaded the table and the issue was gone again. Shaker still works but the ball doesn't do crazy erratic movements or veer to corners of the table. Finally!
I then recalled in between tables last night, I did increase the knob intensity and didn't even think about that being the issue.

So, I am not sure if the shaker motor's strong vibrations were wacking out the accelerometer or something else. But soon as the shaker motor test at the beginning of the table goes off, all went south. Luckily easy fix by just turning the knob down so the vibrations aren't so strong.

Update: I found that I have to turn the knob even lower (prety much off as I am not sure I even feel the shaker anymore). When I had played another game, I could tell the ball was just barely wanting to veer to one side of the table. I couldn't tell for sure until I caught the ball on my left flipper and you could tell it was slowly creeping.

So can't use the shaker motor on these tables... not a terrible thing. Odd issue though.

Last edited:
Sounds like the issue is more from how you have your accelerometer setup for FP analogue nudge. It may be too sensitive, or not have enough deadzone, etc.

Ok, BB-8 Is missing, any advice ? Thank you 💖

Attachments

• 20230622_132337.jpg
    20230622_132337.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 3
Ok, BB-8 Is missing, any advice ? Thank you 💖

Follow the REQUIREMENTS of the included Install Instructions. Make sure you use the same FP Video and Editor settings. Always completely close FP after exiting a table.

If the problem still persists, then you can disable BB-8 in the TBALE OPTIONS in the table script.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Wolfkell is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back