SS Original Table BAM FP Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Original) (Ultimate Pro) Epic Space Battles – PinEvent

Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quelle Magnifique table !
Voilà la seule solution que j'ai trouvé et qui fonctionne :
j 'ai réinstallé FP sur un autre disque et là tout va bien et je suis content de cela (même si je copie ma nouvelle installation dans l'ancienne en écrasant tout les anciens fichiers cela ne marche pas)
Par contre avec la solution sur autre disque c'est parfait et Darth Vader quel danseur de disco en zoom avec F11 il est incroyable !
Merci Mr TerryRed pour cette superbe Table !
Encore encore ...

[QUOTE = "jack7749, post: 124073, member: 24109"]
What a magnificent table!
This is the only solution I found that works:
I reinstalled FP on another disk and there everything is fine and I am happy with that (even if I copy my new installation into the old one by overwriting all the old files it does not work)
On the other hand with the solution on another disc it is perfect and Darth Vader what a disco dancer in zoom with F11 he is incredible!
Thank you Mr TerryRed for this superb Table!
Again and again ...
[/ QUOTE]

Very glad you are able to get it to work.

I know it can be frustrating ... for me and anyone who couldn't get it to run.

The problems almost always result in Windows restricting something, and its not easy to narrow down what or why.

I've heard from a few others say the same thing, that installing FP-BAM to another driver works for them.

TerryRed updated Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro) – Epic Space Battles – PinEvent with a new update entry:

New download location for the table, PuP-Pack, and Install Instructions PDF

Star Wars - Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro 1.06) - Epic Space Battles - PinEvent

- the table, PuP-Pack, and new Install Instructions PDF are now available at the new download link
- the Install Instructions PDF has all the info you need to install the table and PuP-Pack for cabinet and desktop setups

Read the rest of this update entry...

TerryRed updated Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro) – Epic Space Battles – PinEvent with a new update entry:

Ooops... turns out I had PinEvent Custom settings "enabled" on the table script... my no-sleep bad

Ooops... turns out I had PinEvent Custom settings "enabled" on the table script.

This would result in the settings of PinEvent_Settings.vbs NOT being used, and would use what the table script had set (and may not match what some people use).

I uploaded a new corrected table that should work correctly as intended.

Yes, another good reason to get my tables from the place I post them, as you would never have known about this problem.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ok. Updated BAM for Sonic and tried this table and now the ball comes out but rolls back and forth beyond the plunger occassionally hitting the plunger and I have to time it just right in order to get the ball into play. Nothing else changed so not sure why it seems 'off balanced' when the ball loads.

Ok. Updated BAM for Sonic and tried this table and now the ball comes out but rolls back and forth beyond the plunger occassionally hitting the plunger and I have to time it just right in order to get the ball into play. Nothing else changed so not sure why it seems 'off balanced' when the ball loads.

I just tested it here and its working fine.

Be sure you are using the "exact" settings I showed in Sonic install instructions for Video Settings. Make sure you are only using settings meant for Desktop or Multiscreen Cabinet (for whichever you are using).

I have a 3 screen cabinet setup. Everything else is fine for the table other than that so not sure what's changed other then the new BAM. I followed those directions and the sonic table plays fine.

I validated I have those Video Settings set up.

Try removing the table, and CFG file from BAM\CFG, and deleting the fpram file in the FPRAM folder.

Then install only the table (no cfg file)... and see if it still does it.

If that works... try adding the CFG and see if that works. (sometimes a fresh cfg is needed for a new BAM update)

Beyond that... its working perfect for me here, and I don't know what else I can do to help you.

Ok. So I decided to try the 'easiest' thing - load the game again. This time it worked fine. Tried the timing game first - then quit - loaded again and selected assault and the ball loaded fine. It must have been a 'freak' incident. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

Ok. So I decided to try the 'easiest' thing - load the game again. This time it worked fine. Tried the timing game first - then quit - loaded again and selected assault and the ball loaded fine. It must have been a 'freak' incident. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

The most important thing to remember with FP (and VP) is that you "must" completely close FP every time after exiting a table, or wanting to reload the same table, or load a new table. FP needs to start "fresh" every time.

I use Popper so the scripts in there control all that. No issues before so I'll chalk it up to a one-time error.

@TerryRed
This game rocks on my system using the Dummy Plug Monitor Method for Desktop PinEvent

I added BB8 to see if I could do it again....

@TerryRed
This game rocks on my system using the Dummy Plug Monitor Method for Desktop PinEvent

I guess I will have to try it. I think the display on the backglass would work with my rotated display set up. BTW, your game playing skills are better than mine.

You know @TerryRed , you really don't have to work on these tables by yourself. I could add the physics and Bob could do his magic too. All you have to do is ask.

@TerryRed

@TerryRed

I guess I will have to try it. I think the display on the backglass would work with my rotated display set up. BTW, your game playing skills are better than mine.

You know @TerryRed , you really don't have to work on these tables by yourself. I could add the physics and Bob could do his magic too. All you have to do is ask.
It is a pretty impressive system that Terry has produced for these tables .
The pupstreams for desktop users are next level !

@Gimli

BB8 looks great again.

For some reason, on your video, I am seeing the pup Backglass showing on the same area as the pup FullDMD (it pops on every so often, blocking things it shouldn't be). You shouldn't be seeing it show on there at all.

I'm almost done Junkyard Cats... then I'll be updating SW DSA, Halloween, F-14, Jaws, RF1 for PinEvent V2. Some will be a small update (beyond the V2 content)... others may be a bit more. My intent is to get them updated quickly so I can get back to work on Silent Hill.

Last edited:
@Gimli

BB8 looks great again.

For some reason, on your video, I am seeing the pup Backglass showing on the same area as the pup FullDMD (it pops on every so often, blocking things it shouldn't be). You shouldn't be seeing it show on there at all.

I'm almost done Junkyard Cats... then I'll be updating SW DSA, Halloween, F-14, Jaws, RF1 for PinEvent V2. Some will be a small update (beyond the V2 content)... others may be a bit more. My intent is to get them updated quickly so I can get back to work on Silent Hill.
I know what you mean . I think there is a timer in the code somewhere that reverts to the static backsplash image after certain time .It even occurs in the attract mode

I know what you mean . I think there is a timer in the code somewhere that reverts to the static backsplash image after certain time .It even occurs in the attract mode

It's most likely from how you setup your pup displays or what pup-pack "option" you chose.

For PinEvent tables (that are not V2) you need to have pup "Game Select" positioned / sized to fill your dummy monitor (and it should be 16x9), and you need to run the BAT file in "each" table's pup-pack folder for "PuP Stream / Desktop".

What's happening is you have the pup backglass and pup FullDMD in the same position / size, and they are both being displayed over top of one another (if you didn't run the "PUP Stream / Desktop" BAT file in the pup-pack folder).

It's important to setup pup and PinEvent like I showed in my Guide, to be sure everything works correctly and as intended. There is no need to alter from that.... especially once everything is updated to V2. The default PUP Stream "window" settings (PUPSCREEN5, etc) should be kept to what they were originally set to.

Again, only Jaws has anything on the pup Backglass that is worth seeing, and that will change when its updated to V2.

Last edited:
It's most likely from how you setup your pup displays or what pup-pack "option" you chose.

For PinEvent tables (that are not V2) you need to have pup "Game Select" positioned / sized to fill your dummy monitor (and it should be 16x9), and you need to run the BAT file in "each" table's pup-pack folder for "PuP Stream / Desktop".

What's happening is you have the pup backglass and pup FullDMD in the same position / size, and they are both being displayed over top of one another (if you didn't run the "PUP Stream / Desktop" BAT file in the pup-pack folder).

It's important to setup pup and PinEvent like I showed in my Guide, to be sure everything works correctly and as intended. There is no need to alter from that.... especially once everything is updated to V2. The default PUP Stream "window" settings (PUPSCREEN5, etc) should be kept to what they were originally set to.

Again, only Jaws has anything on the pup Backglass that is worth seeing, and that will change when its updated to V2.
Ok I will look again thanks Terrific

Ok I will look again thanks "Terrific"

yep that desktop.bat file fixed it !

I added tilt recovery code...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back