SS Original Table BAM FP Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Original) (Ultimate Pro) Epic Space Battles – PinEvent

Solid State Machines
Future Pinball
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryRed

Pinball Master
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
My Virtual Pinball Cabinet
TerryRed submitted a new resource:

Star Wars: Death Star Assault (Ultimate Pro) – Epic Space Battles – PinEvent - Epic Pinball - Epic Pup-Pack - Epic PinEvent

The circle is now COMPLETE! The EPIC PinEvent update and PuP-Pack is here!

The most EPIC Star Wars table you have ever seen is here! SLAMT1LT's classic table has not only been given an excellent Ultimate Pro update... but now it has been given an EPIC update with TerryRed's "Epic Space Battles" mod, which uses new BAM features to create a virtual pinball table experience you have never seen before.

Epic...

Read more about this resource...

@Gimli @ravarcade @GeorgeH @wild @polygame

Can you guys give this updated table a try? You only need the PinEvent vbs files copied to your FuturePinball\Scripts folder to play it (pup isn't needed just to play it).

It has a few updates since the last "Epic Space Battles" version (new spotlights and beacons).

Some people are having this crash on them once it's loaded and the BAM yellow text messages are done.. and I want to see if anyone else here is having that issue just for desktop players. (to narrow down if the problem for them is table based).

I myself have no problems and can get it running fine on my 12 year old laptop with 4GB ram, and ATI Radeon 1GB gpu :) (my test pc for making sure it works for low end desktop users)

Last edited:
I will try it later.

I tried the table by itself without all the PinEvent stuff and had no problems at all. The table loading took a little while to get past the "Processing Models" section but it loaded perfectly.

The table by itself is 161 MB. My guess is that may be too much for some PCs to handle. Every PC is different so maybe your low end laptop just happens to have the right stuff.

Edit: My PC has a 9 year old CPU but I upgraded the video card recently to a 2nd generation Nvidia. It might be a sign that the video card is not good enough if the table crashes after the table loads. FP has always required a good video card though the CPU can usually be fairly average.

Last edited:
That's the thing. These guys have hi end systems with very good video cards and CPUs. GTX 1080 (like mine), RTX 2080Ti, and modern CPUs.

My test PC is i5 4670K and GTX 1080 (what I create on), and my cabinet is i5 9600K and GTX 1080. Both are used for pinball and VR and PinEvent. My Laptop is literally only used for testing my PinEvent tables for users who don't use dof or pup (or have it installed).

The Processing Models long wait is the result of FP parsing the detailed "FP" models on the table (Tie Fighter, XWing, Turret, R2, Death Star). This is a very OLD way of doing things, so its super slow compared to BAM Custom Models which load very quickly. The only reason I didn't convert everything to BAM Custom Models is because they allow all lights halos to pass through them, and we can't use BAM's method to layer them on top because this table use a lot of holograms which need to be on top of all other models.

Thanks for testing.

Are the cpu's and/or gpus having trouble overclocked? If so, it's worth a try to run at normal clock's speeds.

Or at least lower the overclock settings (again, on both cpu and gpu)

Well, 2 of the guys seem to have it working now.

It seemed to require doing a fresh install of BAM completely. Maybe there's some problem with older BAM\CFG files or other BAM cfg files causing a problem with newer tables that use newer features like Custom Models,etc.

Bonjour
j ai testé cette super table mais ne fonctionne pas message d 'erreur de script en pièce jointe
je suis sur un pc portable avec une Nvidia 1070
merci de votre solution svp

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2020-10-24 151654.png
    Capture d’écran 2020-10-24 151654.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 61
Bonjour
j ai testé cette super table mais ne fonctionne pas message d 'erreur de script en pièce jointe
je suis sur un pc portable avec une Nvidia 1070
merci de votre solution svp

Did you update to the latest BAM?

Did you install the 4 PinEvent vbs files to "FuturePinball \ Scripts" folder?

Merci de votre retour
Oui tout cela est fait

mais toujours le même message d erreur

Are you only running FPLoader.exe? (don't run FuturePinball.exe)

You may need to run FPLoader.exe as administrator

Oui Fp Loader uniquement et essayé aussi en mode administrateur
Même résultat

All I can tell you is that either you don't have everything updated and installed correctly.... or your PC is restricting the use of the vbs files being loaded. (why it doesnt understand what dof command is).

Try disabling Windows Defender.

pareil avec windows defender désactivé
y at-il une version a avoir des fichiers pinevent ?

I don't understand, sorry.

you needed to download the 4 Pinevent vbs files (version 1.4), and install them to FuturePinball\Scripts

What setup are you using? Desktop? Cabinet? DOF? PuP?

Perhaps you need to reduce your UAC level (User Account Control).

If you have BAM updated correctly, and PinEvent files installed correctly, Visual C++ updated... then the only thing left is your system is preventing the vbs files from being used, and you need to figure out why.

Ma configuration est Bureau
tout est a jour
tant pis si elle ne veut pas se lancer. Merci quand même pour votre aide

@Jack il faut que tu selectionnes dans le script le mode desktop. dof c'est pour les cab (flasher , guirlande électrique pour sapin de noel....)

@Jack il faut que tu selectionnes dans le script le mode desktop. dof c'est pour les cab (flasher , guirlande électrique pour sapin de noel....)

No, desktop players don't need to set anything.

PinEvent detects what mode FP runs in (desktop, cabinet, vr), and will use the settings for that mode in PinEvent_Settings.vbs. Desktop Profile settings don't have DOF or PUP enabled by default. So unless he changed something himself, there is nothing to change for desktop players.

Even in desktop mode, DOF commands are still used in script. The difference is they don't do anything when dof is not enabled.

The problem comes down to either his setup is wrong... or something on his system is restricting access to the PinEvent vbs files (which is why the table doesn't know what DOF is).

Bonjour
J apprécie beaucoup votre recherche dans la solution
c est vraiment très appréciable et vous en remercie vivement
Même si cela ne fonctionne pas pour le moment, la passion que vous avez se transmet et c'est super !
Je cherche de mon côté si je trouve le vous dis.
Merci

J ai tout remis à jour
le message est à présent celui en pièce jointe
quelle aventure...

Attachments

• sw.png
    sw.png
    134.5 KB · Views: 67
Are you running with FPLoader,exe? That error indicates running the table using futurepinball.exe

You may need to run FPLoader.exe as administrator depending on your system's security settings.

J ai fait tout cela sans antivirus ou avec administrateur etc..
Mais toujours pareil

Si la seule chose qui change est que la table commence à ce charger puis "done" puis je suis jeté et future pinball aussi

Si la seule chose qui change est que la table commence à ce charger puis "done" puis je suis jeté et future pinball aussi

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back