Starship Troopers (Sega 1997) update/fix

@worldofVPX,
Ahoy, matey! First of all, I'm just wondering how you'd like to be addressed? I see "Simba" from your YT channel, but I'm not sure what that refers to, exactly.

May I ask if you're in contact with @Knorr and/or @Clark Kent? The reason I ask is because obviously it would be lovely to have their consent so as to host this gem on our site. In which case one of your video reviews would be perfect, since PN users could then click on "Resources" and get the table right here. If that makes sense.

Btw @druadic, did you see that WorldofVPX recently made videos of three of your games?

Cool, eh? :D

Hi there, Yeah Simba is my main name for utube / facebook so thats fine or my birth name Ian, im not in contact with all the table authors, ive had some contact with a few but neither Knorr or Clark Kent . I assume VPinball has the exclusive rights to host the files although i do see other authors at VPForums ... i only do video previews and link to them. Im sure if you PM`d them and asked who knows?. If given the ok id be happy to do the Video previews, and the more than know the better.

Ian .

Hi there, Yeah Simba is my main name for utube / facebook so thats fine or my birth name Ian, im not in contact with all the table authors, ive had some contact with a few but neither Knorr or Clark Kent . I assume VPinball has the exclusive rights to host the files although i do see other authors at VPForums ... i only do video previews and link to them. Im sure if you PM`d them and asked who knows?. If given the ok id be happy to do the Video previews, and the more than know the better.

Ian .
Thanks, Ian. Much appreciated!
(my name's "Nic," going by "Ike" in the States)

I was a little confused about what your overall aim was, but it seems like you've been doing a right bang-up recognising fun stuff across the scene, and dare I say it, even re-introducing various VP sites upon each other?

Ugh... does Knorr have all contact turned off?

I've worked with some others at VPinball in the past, but... hmm. Maybe I'm just missing a "contact" button or something?

Hi, thanks for the kind words, and yes my overall aim was to try and make pinball fun to play and a few people have commented how its helped them so i must being summit right lol:-) Knorr does have contact info, ive sent him a message asking if you can host his tables here and if he has an email addy ,lets see if i get a reply :-)

Ian

Much appreciated for the heads up Ike. Looks nice. Of course all the releases are 1920x1080 so they may look a bit "funky" on other folks' desktops.

Nice to see others enjoying these as much as I do making them. Much more is coming so stay tuned. You might be a bit surprised by what is coming next.

To World Of VPX: much appreciated. Glad to see others enjoy these original pinball machine as much as I do and hope you're enjoying these as well! I just have fun making these and yes, I play them A LOT. Once in a blue moon I'll pay a flippered table, but that is a rarity.

Anyway, glad to see others enjoying these and perhaps putting a smile on folks faces from pinball and skill games from yesteryear. Also glad to see new folks finally discovering these for the first time. That itself makes it all worthwhile and makes me feel pretty good too.

PS: For folks who want full screen or cab table versions they'll have to contact Itchigo at Rogue Pinball. It's kind of like a "pact" we made a few years ago and he does a hell of a job with them. It's pretty cool to see them when they're done too!

I only make these for the very much left out desktop players and that's for a reason. I create these on a 1920x1080 dpi monitor (High Def widescreen) on a Dell Precision 7500 with 12 cores, 24GB of RAM and a MSI RX480 Radeon with 8GB memory. So results can be a bit different across all those machines out there.

Just have fun. I know I am!

Last edited:
@druadic Thanks for all the tables you produce and im glad you dont mind me doing the video previews and yes myself and other people are enjoying them it seems my audience tends to be in the 50+ age group so these are well received :-)

Ian

Glad to hear it and what a change to hear folks receive these so much! I too am 50 so I can relate to why they may like them.

Here is the direct link to all my works for future reference: https://pinballnirvana.com/forums/resources/authors/druadic.4/ (Resources by druadic)

The link above includes everything I've released; past to present. Pinball Nirvana likes to save everything even though I don't support anything below Visual Pinball 9. Kind of a nice thing to see all those years cataloged though!

Hope this helps and anyone is allowed to put up vids of these. I don't mind whatsoever. Kind of cool to see them in videos especially on YouTube!

Jeepus i didn't realise there were so many :-) Thanks so much for the link, i will try my best to do your tables justice on the channel :-)

lol gimmie time and ill check them out :-;

lol gimmie time and ill check them out :-;
Just for the record matey, the 'stoopid-head' in question is sitting in my chair. I made those for VP8, never brought them in to VPX.

Cheers, and thanks for this fine project of yours!

Jeepus i didn't realise there were so many :) Thanks so much for the link, i will try my best to do your tables justice on the channel :)
For VPX? Not as many as the past but there are a bunch. More are coming.

Just for the record matey, the 'stoopid-head' in question is sitting in my chair. I made those for VP8, never brought them in to VPX.

Cheers, and thanks for this fine project of yours!
Nic,

That game NEEDS to be brought up to VPX. Your artistic talent behind that game was amazing just like Walter's Rapid Vienna or his Goo Goo Da Da table. His Nova table is no exception either.

I would LOVE to see you update your billiards table into VPX! VPX has so much more to offer than VP8.

I hope to see your table updated by you BIG TIME! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      JonPurpleHaze @ JonPurpleHaze: Ok, keep in touch!
      Back