• Many thanks to Ian Longstaff for his lovely table roundups, posted on YT. And here is... WEEK SEVEN!

Also, here's our browser games collection, for those who are playful.
  • Google Translate to French or Other Languages Click on the link and a new tab will open with this page translated into French.
    Click on the "To:" pull down option to select a different language. Users will not be logged in on the new Google tab.

Support Files and Doc file support for building tables

rpbizzle47

Pinball Wizard
We need to get more doc files added to the support download section that explains how to build tables. I'm not a programmer and I can't understand what I've been able to get my hands on so far. I hope to create some nice machines in the future. :)

Upvote 0

PacDude

Pinball Wizard
Well, you better become a programmer because that's how VP works. Visual Basic Script controls everything in it.

zerhino

Pinball Wizard
By learning the basics of script, you can do anything you want with vp. We are always learning ways to do things easier.

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Most of the demo tables are fully commented, at least mine are. Also, the Visual Guide is a must have. There really is no totally "pain-free" way to learn other than by doing. The biggest problem new authors make is comparing their first efforts with those of an experienced author. Few of us are proud of our first efforts, and most first efforts aren't our first releases.

John

Furio

Pinball Wizard
Site Supporters
It tries to examine the scripts of some simple table.
You will notice that the 70-80% of the instructions is repeated in the tables of the same author.
And they differ little from an author to an other.
In order to write the remaining 20-30% it is necessary little of mathematics.
And some notion of programming.
As an example to know the meant one of the instruction:
a=a+1.
It is not one impossible equation.
When the program is executed in correspondence of the previous instruction increases of 1 the value of a.
Saluti dall'Italia
Furio

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!