Table authors-- the "tag line" could use some... well, you know!

Isaac Sauvage

Meep!
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Jurassic Park
Eh, what is the "Tag Line," you ask? (see attachment #1).

So, the "tag line" is something that sits right under a table's name, and is meant to add some identifying info. Sadly or unsadly, that's all it is, and all it's meant for.

Problem-- "identifying information" sounds kinda unclear, and maybe kinda burdensome... maybe because it is?

Indeed, our site software ("XenForo," not "NicolasBeSoft") forces an author to fill that field out whenever trying to share a resource here. Which probably annoys just about everyone. Which is probably why uploaders tend to paste-in the table name / info a second time, and immediately move on.

But, Brothers and Sisters, I'm here to Show You The Light!

Alright alright, me settle down, now. :blush:

My point is-- the "tag line" can be a fun, useful field to play with... when it's encouraged to bloom. For example, the "tag line" can be anything from a personal thought about the game, to a slogan from the industry flyer, to something from the IPDB ("first game to feature a certain technology"), or just *anything* that adds to the context of a table.

Whatever you like. Anything that adds some character and/or interest is welcome.

In the second attachment, the top two tables feature some interesting tag lines, while the bottom two are unfortunately of the 'generic' variety.

Me, I'd like to see ALL tables feature a fun, character line. :)

Thank you for reading.

Attachments

• Whiffle-Hen.jpg
    Whiffle-Hen.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 69
  • Tag Lines.jpg
    Tag Lines.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
@fastdraw and @druadic,
For example, instead of the red-circled tag lines with no useful info (attachment #1), you might alternatively add some tag lines like this:

- A unique, pure mechanical out of North Carolina.
- "Rollet-- built to ELIMINATE servicing!" (see attached flyer)
- "The Greatest Pinball On Earth!" (see attached flyer)

Whatever you feel. Whatever makes sense. Or maybe just something interesting about why you spent all that time to re-create the dang ol' game!

Thanks, fellas.

Attachments

• Tag Lines Missing.jpg
    Tag Lines Missing.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 73
  • Rollet flyer.jpg
    Rollet flyer.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 71
  • Circus flyer.jpg
    Circus flyer.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 62
Ike,

I had no idea this existed. Many times I don't have time to play around with stuff like this (of course it is important) when I'm not feeling well and then with my memory I forget to even do some things I SHOULD have done after I uploaded a zip file.

I'm not trying to be rude but I just didn't know it existed. My apologies.

@romolo2002,
Grazie per aver condiviso tutti i tavoli! Ecco alcuni esempi di slogan che potrebbero essere utilizzati per i giochi in allegato:

Merry-Go-Round (sconosciuto 1932)
- Copia della concorrenza del "Ballyround" di Bally del 1932

Carnival (Playmatic 1977)
- Tema: Carnevale - Festa - Ballo - Felicità

Carnival (Sega Enterprises, 1971)
- Esclusivo in Giappone!

Music Mite (WILLIAMS 1951)
- Non un gioco, ma un jukebox!

(Translation by Google-Translate. Original text below.)

@romolo2002,
Thanks for sharing all the tables! Here are some examples of tag lines that could be used for the games in the attachment:

Merry-Go-Round (Unknown 1932)
- Competitor copy of Bally's 1932 'Ballyround'

Carnival (Playmatic 1977)
- Theme: Carnival - Festivity - Dancing - Happiness

Carnival (Sega Enterprises, 1971)
- Exclusive to Japan!

Music Mite (WILLIAMS 1951)
- Not a game, but a jukebox!

Attachments

• Romolo missing tags.jpg
    Romolo missing tags.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Carnival 1971 flyer.jpg
    Carnival 1971 flyer.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 70
Thank you @druadic, @NitroNimbus, @StevOz, @romolo2002, @popotte and anyone else I missed for (mostly) adding in the tag line descriptions, lately.

I think they really do make scrolling through resources a little more fun & interesting, which is what we were looking for. Bravo, gentlemen!
:cheers:

@fastdraw,
Merci mssr pour toutes vos contributions, et pourriez-vous aussi essayer d'ajouter des slogans?

De plus, il y a un problème plus important avec vos téléchargements: actuellement, vous semblez télécharger toutes les tables dans la section "originaux". Cela peut être déroutant, car il semble souvent que le jeu soit en fait une recréation.

Lors de l'ajout d'une recréation, il est utile de la télécharger dans une section appropriée, et d'inclure le créateur et l'année dans le titre. Par exemple, dans la pièce jointe, je pense que la plupart ou tous les jeux sont des recréations, mais seul "CIRCUS" est correctement identifié et se trouve dans la bonne section. C'est parce que j'ai fait une recherche sur Internet et réalisé ce qu'était le tableau, puis j'ai ajouté les informations moi-même.

Alors ... pourriez-vous regarder vos tableaux à un moment donné et essayer d'ajouter le contexte des fabricants et de la date, svp?

Original:
Thank you for all your contributions, and could you possibly try to add tag lines, too?

Also, there is a more important issue with your uploads-- currently, you seem to be uploading all tables in to the "originals" section. This can be confusing, because often times it seems the game is actually a re-creation.

When adding a re-creation, it is helpful to upload it to an appropriate section, plus to include the maker and year in the title. For example, in the attachment, I think most or all of the games are re-creations, but only "CIRCUS" is properly identified and is sitting in the correct section. That's because I I did an internet search and realised what the table was, then added the info myself.

So... could you please look over your tables at some point and try to add the context of manufacturers and date, please?

Attachments

• Most Fastdraw tables need more info.jpg
    Most Fastdraw tables need more info.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 68
No, thank you for this option! Personally I find it really amusing as well as a way to place a historic line of information from a table or just something that works for it. Well done Ike!

No, thank you for this option! Personally I find it really amusing as well as a way to place a historic line of information from a table or just something that works for it. Well done Ike!
Thanks, and btw, I noticed "Bat Em" was still missing a tag line, so I added one.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back