Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
Pinball Nirvana had to move the Downloads to a new active system last month:
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/downloads.php

The new system currently only has the physical file for most of the downloads and they are listed by the name of the file (ie: zip file name), we need you to edit your files, this is done by clicking on the file name, then Edit.
Send me a Private Message or reply in this thread if you don't see the edit link.

Information that needs to be added to the program includes:
File Name: It currently only shows the zip file name, ie:AladdinsCastle-B76.v1.2W should be renamed to Aladdin's Castle, the real table name.

Author(s): Add your name, the system will match users in the forums userlist, multiple authors can be listed even if they aren't a member of Pinball Nirvana.

Description: The first two entries in the description should be:
Author:
Version: (if any)
That way the Author and version information will be displayed first on the table listing pages.

After, add the description of the table, if any. I have a text file that lists information from the old UpDownloads program if necessary.
Optional links were added by me a long time ago to the ipdb and roms but it's not necessary, here's a sample with multiple Authors names and version information listed first in the description:
http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=2749

Images: The screenshot's name that you upload should match the zip file name. (ie: for a download that downloads as Sample_rc1.zip, the SS should be renamed to Sample_rc1.jpg before uploading)
This program can handle multiple images for a file if wanted, The first image that is uploaded should be the Screenshot and will also be the thumbnail for the file.

If you need additional help, here's a link to a text file that contains additional information with links to the old screenshots and full listings of the old UpDownloads Table information:
http://pinballnirvana.com/UpDownloads.txt

Please help us!

Last edited:
i've updated my main table (billiards engine) as best i can. i guess i should figure out what to do with the others, like wildfire and all those demos and stuff... assuming i still have them somewhere.

so who is able to edit entries right now-- just authors, or any member at all?

also, is this the main grunt-work project, i.e. rebuilding these table entries? if so, i would guess the most laborious aspect would be re-doing all those missing screenshots. (zoiks)

i've updated my main table (billiards engine) as best i can. i guess i should figure out what to do with the others, like wildfire and all those demos and stuff... assuming i still have them somewhere.

so who is able to edit entries right now-- just authors, or any member at all?

also, is this the main grunt-work project, i.e. rebuilding these table entries? if so, i would guess the most laborious aspect would be re-doing all those missing screenshots. (zoiks)

Private Messages were sent out to 21 users that were placed into a special Usergroup that allows them to edit the DownloadsII entries, I'd like to Thank the ones that have helped so far! It made sense to allow the authors to change their files since they already have the screenshots and the information needed. I'll be sending out another batch of PM's later in the week to the authors and will start another thread when this part of the process is finished.

Thank You!

John, it's going to be a while on mine. I don't even know what I have over here, and I'm buried at the moment.

Another update, PM's have been sent out to 54 Authors and there has been some progress. I fear that a lot of the email links are no longer valid but if you know how to reach them, then please do so. A huge listing of Authors is at the bottom of the first post.

I received a message from jpsalas and he's on vacation but will be back to update his tables, I replied to him earlier today and just noticed he's on the Today's Birthday list!

:birthday:
:fruitdance:

I know I'm WAY LATE for this one, but better late that never.

I've been on a VERY LONG hiatus since 2003 to 2014 to now 2019. What a ride it's been.

I'm working on it John since the conversion to VPX has me all over the place.

VERY GLAD to see you're still here sir. You're one of my favorite sites for VP!

Hello druadic,

Thanks for the table information and updates, love your work!

Welcome Back, we kept the lights on for you.

:salut:

Thanks JPH and it's nice to be back really it is. You were one of two sites I had to come back to since I knew you and Itchy would both be up. Been posting a little bit at VPF but not near as much as here and Itchy's site.

I'm having fun and hope you are too along with all the flipperless maniacs out there.

Good to see and know you're still around for everyone out there!

:appl:

Hello druadic,

Thanks for the table information and updates, love your work!

Welcome Back, we kept the lights on for you.

:salut:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: HZR has posted a new reply in the thread "Complete list of VB commands".
      Back