• Google Translate to French or Other Languages Click on the link and a new tab will open with this page translated into French.
    Click on the "To:" pull down option to select a different language. Users will not be logged in on the new Google tab.

Table Slope in the Script on FP

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Staff member
Site Supporters
I am in the process of writing a tutorial and would like to know what happens on your PC when you add a table slope to the XML in the script that is different from the slope saved in the FP editor. I was almost sure that in the past that the slope saved in the script overrides the slope in the FP editor. I found today that the reverse is true now. I made sure that the XML was saved before I played the table. Would you guys might trying it and letting me know what you find. You can tell which slope is used by opening the "Physics Tweaks" menu in BAM.

This is the place in the script where the slope is saved:

<physics slope="6.8" fps="296" threaded="1"></physics>

Paolo

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
I always created the XML at the end, I mean before publishing a table, I always configured the table first in the editor, also the "table scope", and then created the xml .... so I never noticed this particular that you describe

but if you do the reverse procedure, this could happen, in the editor a value in xml another, and how do you know which one actually, the table is using? even if you go to look in bam and see the value set on the xml, how do you know which one really uses the table?

the fact that you have two different values, this creates problems for you, avoids having two different values
then if the editor takes precedence maybe it can also be the fault of the fpram?

in my opinion, to avoid all this, do as I do, first on the editor, then you create your xml, so they are the same, but if you first create the xml, with a value different from that of the editor,then happens, what you say.

now, there is also to clarify and find out why xml does not take precedence, how you actually describe

Last edited:

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Staff member
Site Supporters
...how do you know which one actually, the table is using? even if you go to look in bam and see the value set on the xml, how do you know which one really uses the table?

I have found that BAM displays the correct values for slope in the Physics Tweaks menu. I could tell by the differences in the way the table plays. I had a table where the slope in the FP editor was set to 10 and the XML was set to 6.8. I am familiar with the way slope 6.8 performs when it plays and was sure that BAM was using a slope of 10.

Would you mind trying a table that has different slopes in the XML in the script and FP editor? I think my installation of BAM may be messed up.

Paolo

No Bam no Play
Chat Moderator
Site Supporters
ok, i did some tests, including changing the values then save, then close fp,reset fpram( it did not work )
I tried in editor 10 in xml 5.0, there is a little difference but is perceptible ..... i.è. play in 10 and then in 5, you notice the difference
but what's really weird is that it always commands what's in the editor.... if in editor you have 10 and in xml you have 5.0, in bam you see what you have in editor not in xml.... and therefore what in editor works accordingly

Cattura44.JPG

Cattura56.JPG

slope.jpg

perhaps it is a problem that Rav needs to know,for to solve

Last edited:

GeorgeH

Flippered Out
Staff member
Site Supporters
@ravarcade

Paolo and I have determined that when there are different values for table slope in the XML that is saved to the script and the FP editor, BAM uses the values in the FP editor (as you can see in Paolo's screenshots above). It seems to me that the values in the script should override what is in the FP editor. Would you mind looking into this?

George

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    @ Paolo: ********* *** ******