Thank you Visual Pinball Community!

vladaymir

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Cirqus Voltaire
I just recently got into Visual Pinball/VPX about 2 months ago. Before that, I was playing
a lot of Pinball FX3 and The Pinball Arcade but I was really bummed because I could not purchase
a lot of the Williams/Bally tables on TPA anymore. Tables like Diner I didn't think I could ever play again,
except in real life if I could ever find one near me.
Then I tried numerous times trying to install Visual Pinball and to get it to work. I must have tried
1000 times it felt like, always getting some sort of error when I tried to load a table. The A-ha! moment came
when I realized my first mistake - Unzipping the ROMs. After I realized that you don't need to unzip the ROM files,
I was able to boot Diner VPX. I was so happy to be able to play Diner again and never thought I would be able to until that day.
Now I'm crazy about Virtual Pinball and I want to thank all the hard work from the creators and site supporters that make
it possible for people to play tables that other game developers are not making for various reasons such as licenses and such.
I know you do your work from love and it shows when I play your tables!
So thank you again and I hope to contribute someday in the future!

You know, I never get tired of hearing that...
People like you who take the time to tell us these things are the reason we do what we do.

@vladaymir,
Thank you for the reviews, and please don't be afraid to give out low ratings or point out problems with the resources. Both things are quite useful, as they help me fix up old entries or find newer versions of tables to share.

For example, it was because we had such an outdated, low-rated version of Atlantis (Midway, 1989) that I found this gem to bring us up to speed:

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back