JonPurpleHaze

Site Nudger
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
Now has accepted schools from Ohio and Kentucky, I noticed Louisville was picked to win the Big East football Title?

That Kentucky team will be crushed and I feel sorry for any University that intends to "mess with" Syracuse in Basketball!

Dayton Flyers? What!?
Xavier something or another?...Musketeer's?
Cinci no-one graduates, er something, BearCats!
Set me straight Ohio dudes?
Jon

If I was to move to the US of A, I would not settle in Ohio
I don't think those guys bathe

JonPurpleHaze said:
Now has accepted schools from Ohio and Kentucky, I noticed Louisville was picked to win the Big East football Title?

That Kentucky team will be crushed and I feel sorry for any University that intends to "mess with" Syracuse in Basketball!

Dayton Flyers? What!?
Xavier something or another?...Musketeer's?
Cinci no-one graduates, er something, BearCats!
Set me straight Ohio dudes?
Jon

Jon, I have no idea about football, hoops is the only sport I know, and I know that the Big East is good, but not that good. And how can a so-called major power be known as The Orangemen? Sounds more like a wannabe juice bar. If it wasn't for your coach the team would be 4th rate.

And both Dayton and Xavier would show those Eastern elitists how roundball is really played if the long rumored Big East Catholic division ever came about. The whole key to hoops success is competiton, and The Musketeers and Flyers are burdened with some really lousy league-mates in the A-10.

The only reason the Big East has such a good reputation is that they keep expanding, so the few really top teams won't have to face each other twice a year, but instead can crush teams that wouldn't even compete on a grade school level.

Just wait and see what happens to the OrangeBoys when they have to replace Jim Boeheim. Then even the Little Sisters Of The Poor will have their number.

Go XU

John :oldman

Go Vikings! (Cleveland State,...:viking:)

I lived in Ohio for 5 years and recall taking many showers, my experiences in the State have all been fantastic, It has excellent folks, Is very flat and lovely.... 8)

Some of the tv stations made a big deal about a tuba dude dottin' the "I" in OSU Buckeye's band, I suspect it's just another booster "gone wild"....?

tiltjlp, Xavier is going to join a real conference Soon, I love the name Musketeer's but bashing Boeheim (a local boy) is asking for pain in the Big East...

Do those dudes play football?

Football was born in Ohio, I've been to the HOF and know about Massilon Tigers, St. Ignatious was pounding high school football when I lived in the great State of Ohio..

JonPurpleHaze said:
Go Vikings! (Cleveland State,...:viking:)

I lived in Ohio for 5 years and recall taking many showers, my experiences in the State have all been fantastic, It has excellent folks, Is very flat and lovely.... 8)

Some of the tv stations made a big deal about a tuba dude dottin' the "I" in OSU Buckeye's band, I suspect it's just another booster "gone wild"....?

tiltjlp, Xavier is going to join a real conference Soon, I love the name Musketeer's but bashing Boeheim (a local boy) is asking for pain in the Big East...

Do those dudes play football?

Football was born in Ohio, I've been to the HOF and know about Massilon Tigers, St. Ignatious was pounding high school football when I lived in the great State of Ohio..

Hey Jon, you must have misread my post, because I didn't and never would bash Coach Boeheim, who is one of the top 5 active coaches around. And I follow the coaches as much as I follow the teams.

No, XU hasn't had football for at least 15 years. And I sure hope that the Big East Catholic rumor is true. From what I've heard XU, Dayton, Temple, and St Joseph would leave the A-10, which would make it the A-Zero.

And yes, there's no better high school football that in Ohio. The last three state champs have been Elder twice, my old school, and the Colerain Cardinals, who went undefeated last year. But then we do almost everything great in Ohio.

John

Hoops, what else?

Granted, it's been a disappointing season for us hoopsters, but maybe things will look a bit brighter after tomorrow evening. As unlikely as it seemed, XU has won 3 A-10 tourney games in a row, and play for the laegue title Saturday at 6 PM against St Joseph. The 3 wins in a row have gotten XU to 20-10, so the laegue title is probably the only way they'll get the March Madness. If not, they should make it into the NIT, but who wants that?

I'm hoping this is the year XU faces Sryacuse, which has somehow avoided facing the real Big Blue, better known as the Musketeers, for fear of being taught a lesson. Both XU and Dayton had off years, but at least we're better than UC. So cross your fingers for XU to win, and maybe finally the Musketeers will face the Orangeman, and pulperize them!!!

PS: During the NCAA and NIT tourneys you'll notice I'm not around as much, since I never miss a game, no matter who is playing.

XU Takes The A-10 Championship With 4 Wins In 4 Days

The Musketeers have made history folks. They are the only team even to win every game in their tournament to grab the championship, twice. So now they have an automatic bid for March Madness, and with 4 tough wins under their belts, it should be fun watching the Big Blue in action. So what I'm hoping is that XU will finally face Jon's beloved Syracuse Orangemen, who I usually root for. So we can find out once and for all if "lowly"Xavier can play with "the big boys" as Jon likes to think of his team.

Now once the tourney starts, don't be surprised if you don't hear much from me. I watch every televised game I can, and either watch or listen to every XU game. I wish Jon's team all the best, unless they do have to face the Xavier "Big Blue" Musketeers. Then and only then will Jon be the enemy.

Go XU, All The Way To The Final Four

That Xavier game was awesome, Congrats to the Musketeers we might see a Syracuse - XU matchup!

SU Takes the Big East Championship With 4 Wins In 4 Days!

Syracuse smashed a bunch of records for The Big East Championship, they were a #9 seed in the best conference in the land. McNamara is unbelievable, he helped SU win a National Championship when he was a Freshman. I was a little annoyed at the XU game, Syracuse was delayed....
First Team in Big East Tournament History to overcome a 15 point deficit, Won 4 games by a total of 8 points! First team that has ever played 4 games and won the Championship, broke a record for seeding # to win a Big East Tournament
OTTO2.GIF

So you saw the XU game, lucky you, I had to listen to it. I think both our teams are playing their best right now, and I'd love to see a match up. Be warned if they do meet and SU downs XU, I won't be very friendly for a few days. Anyway, good luck to the Orangemen in the dance, unless they do play Big Blue. This is the only time of year I miss not having cable.

Attachments

• xavi-05-top-5.jpg
    xavi-05-top-5.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 852
tiltjlp said:
So you saw the XU game, lucky you, I had to listen to it. I think both our teams are playing their best right now, and I'd love to see a match up. Be warned if they do meet and SU downs XU, I won't be very friendly for a few days. Anyway, good luck to the Orangemen in the dance, unless they do play Big Blue. This is the only time of year I miss not having cable.

The XU game was excellent, lots of lead changes but it was too long, SU was delayed from winning the Big East on espn. I don't think The Orange are not consistent enough to go to the final four but they would crush XU.

:rockband:

Someone will become Orange Crush, but it won't be XU.

tiltjlp said:
Someone will become Orange Crush, but it won't be XU.
Get used to 1 and Out!

Atlantic Ten is our speed bump..

Xavier makes that bump smaller

The mighty sword will slice through that walking orange in nothing flat. Hope you like your OJ with lots of pulp. Ain't trash talk wonderful?

Well Jon, you were right about SU getting a 5 seed, but XU really got the shaft. I'm not that upset with a 14 seed, this hasn't been a great year for XU. But Gonzaga should have been at least a 2, if not the 4th 1 seed, rather than a 3 seed. GW's 8 and Xavier's 14 shows that the A-10 doesn't get much respect, and won't unless it dumps some of its weaker teams.

So can XU beat Gonzaga? On any given day . . . it'll be one of the toughest games XU has ever played. I have Gonzaga in the Final Four, so things look dismal for Blue Blue. But XU has won 4 games they weren't supposed to win, so who knows. I'll root for SU, you root for XU, and maybe magic will happen. I hate that UConn is a 2 seed, I simply can't stand Calhoun.

Well, starting Thursday win or lose I'll be glued to the tube. It's a shame ESPN has the NIT, I'd love to watch even more hoops. SU might have a good team, but I still think their mascot is dumb.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Itchigo has started a new thread called "Sounds library" in Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME...
      Back