The Peace (Bagatelle) VP9

VP9 Flipperless Recreation The Peace Bagatelle v1.0 2020-01-28

No permission to download

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
The Peace Bagatelle was suggested by Rascal, and completes my WWII Propaganda Game Collection. Rascal also found the playfield image, which is much better than the one I had found. As a former Peace Freak, I’m disappointed I didn’t think of it myself.

In keeping with the Peace Theme, you'll hear appropriate words whenever you score, spoken in one of five languages. The words are Brotherhood, Peace, Friendship, Harmony, and Respect in either English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish. I was pleasantly surprised that at least one word in all the four languages unknown to me is the same as the English word.

For pins, I used 40 reduced-size bumpers, which symbolize candles being lit for Peace. As the game starts, 3 candle bumpers are lit, which point to a doubler/add-a-ball cup. Lighting all 40 candle bumpers earns you a 40,000 point bonus. To earn the bonus you'll need not only to nudge, but also to adjust the release speed of the ball, using the up & down arrow keys.

As there are 11 nationalities represented on the playfield image, the game offers 11 balls, instead of the usual 10 of a standard bagatelle. The hidden kicker cups score 25,000, the bumpers score 250, and the hidden cups the kickers sit in score 75 per hit. While The Peace Bagatelle won't bring peace, I would hope that playing it would remind you of the need for not only world peace, but peace in ourselves.

And BTW, although I've never came close to lighting all the candles, Rascal, who tested the table for me, shortened the script with super coding did get them all lit once. He said it took a lot of nudging.

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/index.php?name=UpDownload#LAST

Attachments

• Peace.jpg
    Peace.jpg
    507.6 KB · Views: 259
Very, very clever work here! Worth the download folks! VERY WORTH IT!!!!

Well done John! Well done!

d

Thanks Will. I think it's the best original I've ever done, and maybe one of the most challenging. I'd be surprised if many people can light all 40 candles, or 37, I guess, since 3 of them are always lit.

Thanks Will. I think it's the best original I've ever done, and maybe one of the most challenging. I'd be surprised if many people can light all 40 candles, or 37, I guess, since 3 of them are always lit.

I was lucky enough to light 10! Too bad you can't make the cups at each child show up to know where that ball goes. That would make it a wee bit more fun I think, but it's just my opinion.

Love the game and it's an interesting a fresh idea from the bagatelle master!

d

I thought about making the cups visible, but decided against doing so because it would have messed up the image, I think. Anyway, if you play it enough, you will learn that there is a cup at each person's feet, four on the world, plus more kickers along the bottom of the table.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "(mis)Adventures in Cooking".
      Back