The Purpose Of This Topic

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Well, I've been back a week or so, and what few changes I see in the VP Kingdom, I don't particularly like, for the most part. So I plan to voice my opinions and point some fingers, and I might even upset some folks. Well, I don't care if I step on anyone's pride, attitudes need to be mended, and a new spirit of cooperation needs to be forged. And while I don't have all the answers, maybe I can provide some food for thought. I might even put a smile on your face, since I'll also post things I find that strick me as funny or weird.

I'm busy writing, so give me some time to get the ball rolling on this. Now the only thing is, you are more than welcome to respond to anything I post, but I'm the ONLY ONE who can start a new thread to my forum. I know it may not seem fair, but I'm a co-founder and Administrator here, so I can make up the rules. Any threads that are started in this forum will be either moved or deleted, all according to what mood I'm in.

Needless to say, if I had wanted what I post here also posted elsewhere, I would do so. So please do not copy and paste anything from this forum at other forums. Obviously my reason for starting my "tiltjlp speaks out" forum is to maybe breath more life into these forums.

Added July 6, 2005.

With Loaf joining our little club, the leaders, official and unofficial, or all the other forums have migrated over here. In time, Loaf will probably loosen up and join in our gutter sniping. But give him a break for a while, he spent such a long time running vpf it'll take him some time to quit behaving like a choir boy. Welcome PN Loaf, and remember, you can say SHIT, you don't need any *** here.

tiltjlp

Last edited:
You make some very good points Jon. And to the question, What would tiltjlp do? Well folks, JPH and I did it almost a year and a half ago, we began TMOF, which has evolved into Flipperless.com.

And except for my personal forum, there are no rules, we simply ask that you respect both yourself and other members enough to show a bit more class than is found at some other forums.

I like to think that our members have enough common sense not to make fools of themselves. If you want to let off some steam, we have plenty of humor threads that can always be enjoyed, and added to. Good clean fun is always better, IMNSHO, that flame wars and taunting.

tiltjlp

Heyhey! great! a forum which exist soley for the purpoase of being a place where Tiltjlp lets lose is a great idea :)

Please, go for it! as a site founder, make up whatever rules you want! :) might as well have some fun while your here.

I look forward to reading some interesting stuff.

September 7, 2004

Well, I've been back a week or so, and what few changes I see in the VP Kingdom, I don't particularly like, for the most part. So I plan to voice my opinions and point some fingers, and I might even upset some folks. Well, I don't care if I step on anyone's pride, attitudes need to be mended, and a new spirit of cooperation needs to be forged. And while I don't have all the answers, maybe I can provide some food for thought. I might even put a smile on your face, since I'll also post things I find that strick me as funny or weird.

I'm busy writing, so give me some time to get the ball rolling on this. Now the only thing is, you are more than welcome to respond to anything I post, but I'm the ONLY ONE who can start a new thread to my forum. I know it may not seem fair, but I'm a co-founder and Administrator here, so I can make up the rules. Any threads that are started in this forum will be either moved or deleted, all according to what mood I'm in.

Needless to say, if I had wanted what I post here also posted elsewhere, I would do so. So please do not copy and paste anything from this forum at other forums. Obviously my reason for starting my "tiltjlp speaks out" forum is to maybe breath more life into these forums.

Added July 6, 2005.

With Loaf joining our little club, the leaders, official and unofficial, or all the other forums have migrated over here. In time, Loaf will probably loosen up and join in our gutter sniping. But give him a break for a while, he spent such a long time running vpf it'll take him some time to quit behaving like a choir boy. Welcome PN Loaf, and remember, you can say SHIT, you don't need any *** here.

tiltjlp

The first summer we all had moved to Pembina Drive, back in 1959 was a time of discovery. Jerry and I, at twelve, were the oldest ones in our group, which spanned close to three years. Each day it seemed that we’d learn something new about each other, on our way to becoming close friends. I noticed that Jerry was becoming interested in girls, and while I liked them too, it was only as playmates.

Among the girls in our neighborhood that summer were Patsy, who lived across the street from me, Peg, her kid sister, who was a bit too young for our group, Jerry’s step sister Mil, and JoAnn, a pretty blond military brat who had last lived in Florida. I sort of liked Mil, but Jerry was really taken aback by JoAnn. It didn’t take long before we began making pests of ourselves.

Every afternoon, we’d gather under Mil and Jerry’s carport, to joke, to tease one another, and to listen to 45s on their record player. While the girls might dance together, none of us fellows ever joined in. After supper, we’d all meet in the circle at the top of the street, near where Patsy and I lived. This time, our music came from an aqua and cream portable radio of mine, which I was very possessive of, no one else was allowed to touch.

That first summer seemed almost magical, and as the weeks passed our bonds grew stronger. Our parents, much to their credit, may have realized how special that summer was for us, and none of us had curfews. Since we were too young to have jobs, and since the summertime weather in Cincinnati can be sultry, we usually slept days and stayed up all night. Once we had talked ourselves out at the top of the street, Jerry and I would sit and talk on my front steps. The girls usually would hang out in Patsy and Peg’s basement.

Either from boredom, or maybe out of curiosity, one night Jerry and I decided to sneak over and spy on the girls. Laying like a pair of snakes in the grass, we watched and listened while the girls danced and listened to records. To our disappointment, we were not among their topics of discussion.

Although the girls seemed oblivious to our spying, and didn’t say a word about either of us, Jerry and I continued to sneak over nightly. Besides being dumbfounded as to why girls always dance together, it was the best show in town at 2 AM. One night when we got into position by the basement windows, the girls were missing. As we wondered where they could be, we heard some giggling in the direction of Patsy’s back yard.

Crawling behind heavy bushes near the back yard fence, we saw that all four girls were taking a late midnight swim. Splashing and laughing, they were having the time of their lives. From a distance of maybe seventy-five feet, we really couldn’t tell who was who, except for their voices. In our imaginations, Jerry and I convinced ourselves that they were skinny dipping. Even though we knew that they weren’t naked, we allowed ourselves to believe what we wanted, and thus was born one of our more memorable nights.

Eventually I mentioned that midnight swim to Patsy, and whatever the truth really was, she claims they were all wearing bathing suits. While they didn’t know we were spying that night, they had noticed us watching them many other nights. They decided to ignore us, simply out of spite.

Art Linkletter once noted that Kids say the darndest things, and he was right. But Jerry and I, that summer of 1959, also did some of the darndest things. Why, I’m not exactly sure. Was it puppy love, or simply curiosity, or maybe just our way of bugging a bunch of girls we knew. While we’re older now, and maybe even a bit wiser, sometimes we still do the darndest things.

A few of us have remained very dear friends over the years, and we play the Do you remember? game every time we talk or happen to have a reunion. While we can never recapture those innocent days of that summer we first met, they do help us to keep the Good Old Days alive in our hearts.

I wonder what has become of "John". Above are his first and last posts. It looks like John logged on to Pinball Nirvana >Last Activity: 10-29-2013 08:39 PM. I seems he or someone on his computer just had a look and left. That was five days after his last entry.

I see John was part of the creation of this site. This thread of his was started September 7, 2004 . Does anyone here know John personally. That is well enough to say If he is OK .

Last edited:
I know one thing... if he comes back here and finds out you started a thread in his section, you're headed to the dog house!

I know one thing... if he comes back here and finds out you started a thread in his section, you're headed to the dog house!
I did not start a new thread. At least I did not try to. I fully intended to honor the no new thread request. This posting was started as a reply with quotation to Tiltjlp's first ever post titled "The Purpose Of This Topic" . I don't see this being any different than you replying to this topic...C_S

Last edited:
Good point! Okay... no doghouse for you! :dance: Why don't you send druadic a PM. I saw him lurking around here a week or so ago, and he and John are phone-pals or some such.

Last edited:
i once had a phone conversation with john when he was still in VA. my impression is that now that he's back in OH, he has a more diverse and fulfilled life... including doing a lot of things unrelated to VP, including his online hangouts.

if you really wanted to check up on him, try googling his user name. you should find him on several other forums and be able to check his last post date and stuff.

ack... doesn't look like he's posted anywhere in the new year.

sounds like the guy at that mayberry forums knows where he's at... is the one to query.

i'm still wondering what happened to AJ russo, not that it really matters anymore.

ack... doesn't look like he's posted anywhere in the new year.

sounds like the guy at that mayberry forums knows where he's at... is the one to query.

i'm still wondering what happened to AJ russo, not that it really matters anymore.
Thanks for the update and I hope John is doing better. I think he is in Ohio somewhere near Cincinnati. Oh, and this is not a new thread. It is a revival of John's first post that started this "Tiltjlp Spouts off" Thread dated September 7, 2004...C_S

oh, right. in fact... here's a listing for him:
xxxxxxxxx

(the age is right, and i recognise his email)

EDIT: maybe i shouldn't be sharing that publicaly. i'll message it to sleepy for now.

His AOL accounts are no longer active and I've just received a failure notice from his Juno address..

It's Been A While...

Well, this formerly fertile field lies fallow. It has been over a year since john last spouted off. His final adolescent anecdote "Snakes In The Grass" was a sweet remembrance that took us back to our curious years. That was September 29, 2013.http://www.pinballnirvana.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11052

Someone over at his pipe-smoker / tobacco-blender forum was able to ascertain by Dec. 2013 that he had entered a nursing home, but no other info was available.

C'mon back, John!

Someone over at his pipe-smoker / tobacco-blender forum was able to ascertain by Dec. 2013 that he had entered a nursing home, but no other info was available.

C'mon back, John!
Well, this news really sucks....
I believe John is one of my first true friends on the internets, I guess I still have some hope left though, he has left the community for long times before but, the nursing home reference worries me! :cuss:
Was worried about his health over a decade ago, we don't always agree about stuff but I've always considered him to be a fine ole fart. That reference is about a smilie that I added that he likes, he's a writer so he doesn't like images to replace words and images shouldn't replace his words, read his posts and articles. This is now his smilie until he comes back:
johntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlpjohntiltjlp
:guitar:
:awaken:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back