The solution to all the endless VP fighting

bob said:
Ok, I'm going to try and reply to this one last time without insulting your intelligence. AJ's only hosts VPM tables and you act like he is the ONLY site where people can get tables. AJ's or VPF's doesn't give a rats ass where Originals or EMs or anything else is hosted. There are lots of places to get tables, your argument is ridiculous. I WANT my tables on AJ's and he refuses to put them there, he doesn't want them there, just like Shocky doesn't want his tables there. What is the difference? Would you please start a campaign to get my tables hosted by VPF's so that more of the people you seem to care about could download them and try them out? All of the tables you think are missing are available somewhere, you just have to know where to look for them.

But Bob, don't you understand that EMs and . . . shudder . . . originals aren't really pinball games? :p The hot shots ans Johnny Come Lately's who are convinced that pinball began with the birth of Roms are also convinced that pinball life and death begins and ends at AJ's. It doesn't matter that these confused souls have never played an EM, flipperless, novelty, or original, they are still authorities all on pinball. Why, how could something without a DMD or endlessly looping ramps be considered pinball? They aren't Idiots, they're simply wrong, misinformed, and unenlightened. None are so blind than those who worship Roms.

Look Bob, I designed a table, and helped with another, and donated code to a few, none of which are at AJs. They just want to support "arcade" pinball, and lets be honest, most of the pin fans only want "arcade" pinball...
You're free to host originals, or find someone that will...but most gamers just want to play the pins they played in arcades...

Eventually, I'm going to have to find a place to upload my Emuchrist: Nuked table, whenever I get the code finished, and in the long run, I may not find a site, and Charline has talked about doing another table *Captain America is her table, not mine* and it may not be uploaded either...it's life...

AJ can decide he only wants arcade tables, at this point, I'd be happy if AJ either did hs job or gave it to someone else, but I'm not AJ, and I'm unhappy with the way the site is going as well...

I see your point Shockman about newer releases, but I'd imagine people would be happier with a table than no table...

Paratech said:
most of the pin fans only want "arcade" pinball...
...but most gamers just want to play the pins they played in arcades...

Most gamers haven't tried Starman's Rapid Vienna then... It's better then 75% of the tables on AJ's

Eventually, I'm going to have to find a place to upload my Emuchrist: Nuked table, whenever I get the code finished, and in the long run, I may not find a site, and Charline has talked about doing another table *Captain America is her table, not mine* and it may not be uploaded either...it's life...

Upload them to VP-Originals or we'll start bitching about you not offering your tables to the masses. We may even start saying to people that they are pulling a Paratech and not even trying to share their tables. :)

Paratech said:
I see your point Shockman about newer releases, but I'd imagine people would be happier with a table than no table...

Well your points are better, for a perfect world.

My point is for the world I live in. Sure, I want people that download my work to be happy with it. How happy do you think they would be if they found out that the other 'lesser' sites had a newer, much improved version? How about if a bug was found and I could not fix it.

VPF pulled me and my work, I only pulled those two tables that you know I'm not finished with.

VPF should not be a dump for anyones work imo. If they leave for any reason and continue to work on and release those tables elsewhere they are doing a good thing to get them off of that server.

What does the staffers at VPF think? Do you think they want to be a dump for older versions of tables, or a showcase for the newest ones, as well as an archive for the finished ones? I don't know. It seems they just don't give a fuck either way, though they will insult those, and let others insult those that want to have control of their work without posting a thing.

Does the members of VPF deserve my work, yes, and only the latest and best of it. Why would some people say that active work would be best dumped at AJ's and left alone to make users happy? You can't believe that can you?

Why would TMFP go behind someones back and post their work, without their name on it? He could say it was a mistake, but look at him, mistakes are unforgivable, he would ban me and be happy and joke about it. Then he would post my work and put his name on it. Was this on accident? a mistake? It's Ok to make mistakes isn't it? I think that one was mean, should be illegal, and as low as anything I ever did. A mistake? Does that mean I am invited back to VPF? Or does everyone just have to live with your mistakes, but not mine Peter? I would of course forgive your mistakes then. You must think it is important that the best possible POTO is up at AJ's, don't you realise that I am the best person at this time to see to that?

Look, I forgive you for doing that, and I don't think there was anything accidential about it. But Peter, I think you should forgive me my mistake too and invite me back today, or resign. To not, well to not?, I'll let you answer that.

bob said:
Paratech said:
most of the pin fans only want "arcade" pinball...
...but most gamers just want to play the pins they played in arcades...

Most gamers haven't tried Starman's Rapid Vienna then... It's better then 75% of the tables on AJ's

Upload them to VP-Originals or we'll start bitching about you not offering your tables to the masses. We may even start saying to people that they are pulling a Paratech and not even trying to share their tables. :)

Um, I didn't remove it from any site. IRPINBALL had it and removed it when they stopped supporting originals, yet I don't hear you whining about that? Shiva's other site had it, and so did VPF, I don't see where its my responsibility to keep uploading tables when sites decide they no longer want to support originals or go bye bye...

Maybe when I finish EC nuked, I'll think about uploading it and Captain America, I never said they cant be posted or had to be removed, the sites just no longer have the tables or support originals...

Theres a difference between not uploading a table for the umteenth time and asking people to remove thir tables, if you can't grasp that concept, I can't help you...

:oops:

I haven't tried Starman's tables but that'd be pretty hard to imagine...I was wowed by Monkey Island, and a few other tables...but the masses want the tables they played in the arcades...
:evil:

Hey Bob -- sure this isn't you? ;)

Attachments

• spidey_202.jpg
    spidey_202.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 398
destruk said:
Hey Bob -- sure this isn't you? ;)

Not me, I wear spandex 8)

Real men don't wear Spandex.

TMFP, Cristof is the name, no h like christ and no second f like off. he is still an active member at VPF, as far as I know. Show the authors some respect man.

Oh and e-mail me that new Granny and the Gators you got. Thanks, bud.

Really guys, I think I should have access to that file server at AJ's. The way nic. said things were going to come down I would have. I want to be able to see a picture that is posted there as well as PM people there.

You should be able to tell that I took what nic. said as a verbal contract. What he said is the reason I said some of the things I did. This is not fair. If you was going to ban me you could have, and should have said you were going to ban me, not tell me that you would limit the forums where I could post. My feeling is if I cant download those tables and roms then nobody should. I think all members should boycot that server and not download anything until I can, Thank you.

Shockman said:
Really guys, I think I should have access to that file server at AJ's. The way nic. said things were going to come down I would have. I want to be able to see a picture that is posted there as well as PM people there.

You should be able to tell that I took what nic. said as a verbal contract. What he said is the reason I said some of the things I did. This is not fair. If you was going to ban me you could have, and should have said you were going to ban me, not tell me that you would limit the forums where I could post. My feeling is if I cant download those tables and roms then nobody should. I think all members should boycot that server and not download anything until I can, Thank you.

Now matter how nobel people might think your cause, I doubt there will ever be a Boycott of AJ's. Right or wrong, most folks want the latest tables and won't do without them to show support for any author. Especially not given the fact that your exile from VPF seems long term if not permanent.

You should have just read that and laughed.

I think I will just get an alt. for there.

Let's see, I'll need a new e-mail account and a new name. I could set up the e-mail I think, but what should I use for a new name?
Actually it's the other way around, I can do the name, what is a good easy free e-mail address program thingie? It has to be one that the guys over at VPF can't screen out somehow, has to hold up to the posting request hearings too don't you know. Any help with that or the name for that matter?

What's wrong with Gmail? If you want an invite to open an account I can do that - but not sure how it would help you?

I'm not sure either, that's why I asked. I have always thought that such systems would not allow free accounts as e-mail (for purposes of registeration)

I know of alts there already, and some after their anouncment that that could not be done. Some are covert, some are overt. I would like an overt one but It would be a bummer to set up mail and have it flaged as an alt and banned. I need advice from those that have alts, they don't have to be sure it would help me, just think so based on the fact that it helped them. I don't have e-mail at work so that won't work. I could do it at a friends house then use my machine thereafter. How long does it take these days between requesting a membership to VPF elite site and getting that e-mail.

From the newest members to the oldest oldtimers, from the postless to the admins. and mods. you all know why AJ's is being put back into shape. The timing is not a bit uncanny. It's what I said that got my post shuffeled away so quick, and me banned that got this ball rolling again. Because what I said is true. TMFP should be ashamed of himself to send his money to me. It's like he wanted it to go on like it was or he did not want someones feeling to be hurt to do that stuff or reject it. This mess of fixes is being done for the reason that I said they should be done, just look at what is being fixed and the list of things someone put out as things that should be fixed if the site continues to ask for donations.

Don't think me, just quitely give my access back, please. You are all getting this because of what I posted and got banned for, at least what the post was sweapt away so quick about, you know it.

That or it has always been as it seemed, and this, and the personal smilies (I want one of those too, one flipping everyone off) and such, was just waiting till I was gone.

I will be invited back or you are reading from a martyr. That is a fact out of my hands. I brought about these changes and was banned for doing so. VPF will now be much better because of what I have done.
If not, an alt is going to tell this same story Sunday afternoon there at VPF and you can ban that account for telling the truth and nothing but telling the truth. That alt if not banned will then go on to do all it can to get my name, Shockman restored to where it should have always been, and left alone at that.

nicolas.b Good thing that AJ reads that Argument Clinic, and or other sites isn't it? He needed to read something like that, he could have sooner had you not butted in.

TMFP. You have no right to be at VPF as a member, let alone a staffer, after what you did, if you feel I have no right to be there with you, but you know that already don't you?

So you guys, all ya'all, going to be happy with these new fixes at AJ's? I sure hope so.

Oh, could someone PM me here at PN AJ's e-mail address. I too would like to thank him for saddling back up.

You are not a martyr...

You brought about no changes.... Except for your own account status...

You are so zoned in on yourself, that you fail to see anything else....

Look bob, zoned in on myself?, what the hell does that mean?, I'll grant you that if you like though, I'm zoned in on myself. Why not? who should I zone in on, what DOES that mean? zone in on? You? should I be zoned in on you? Why? Who do you zone in on? Me? Well you are not alone. I have to look out for myself, that's true, if that's zoning in.

Who was the staff zoned in on when they removed my post about donations at a site that is neglected? The one neglecting, or the one telling?

I did not mean to erk you though bob. It is clear that there are a few that like things the way they were, unchanged. You are one of those, now I know. That's OK. This was more for those that agree about the minimum a site should do that is getting member donations, cash.

If you think it has to do with something else, then let me sell you something.

nicolas.b should have left that where it was. and you all should be thanking me when AJ got off his ass. The alternative would be for me to be neutral, quite, uncaring, timid, and all those things that you seem to be. I did that on this subject for a long time. You, sir, are stupid if you think nothing is changed. I say that believing you think change is a commin', therefore not stupid.

I will be back at VPF so I can get access to AJ's server. That will be by invite, or it will be from an account set up at each and every friend and family member that has a unique e-mail address and a computer connected to the net.
Now, I would rather it be one account and that my name is on that account. The staffers would very much prefer that too, they just don't know that yet. I will get enough accounts to burn, I have to.

I doupt that the staffers could guess enough without banning someone else by mistake, that is the effect I will try to 'zone in on'
Some will be easy to tell are me, some I will tell is me, some wont, some you are going to be 99% sure and probably delete. other members will only be deleted 1 percent of the time.

After all this time EVERY FUCKING ONE knows that is not what I want, right? You also know I deserve access to AJ's files.

Yes, this time I will do all I can to get that site shut down if and only if I am not a valid member by Sunday March 12, 2006. At the very least I will make it where the holders of such material will curse each and every time they read VPM, VPF and AJ's. I will tell them about the roms that are with some of the tables, and the altered roms. I will demand they explain why some folks can have pinball roms, and not N64 roms or Gameboy Advanced roms or whatever. By that time the effort will not be at having my account re-activated and my bought and paid for access to AJ's files restored. Those that know me doupt nothing that I just said, but they know how helpful I am if welcome there and just left the fuck alone by the staff, and allowed to speak my mind.

I will tell Stern that I paid money to one of their sites and can't download their product and what's up with that. Not one of your sites? Why are they collecting money to host your product? I don't believe you. anyway could you guys e-mail me those windows versions of your pinball tables and the roms, or make it where I can get them from that site.
How many e-mails per day do you think they will read before at least thinking that if AJ's site is going to be that much of a pain that it may be a mistake? Note that by that time I will be using a lot of accounts under many names, and from many different computers and ips.

oh! Oh! OH! he's trying to shut us down again!
Am I? or am I trying to join you. I will tell you this. I don't believe the site should be up if I can not access it. I think all holders should know that there is a site that accepts cash and does not deliver on Stern, Bally, and other products.

I will probably need as many as I can get, and can think of 11 that I can do in one day, not that I would do them in one day. Most of those 11 are going to be the ones that I try to keep secret. I need many to burn though. PM any ideas.

It is not how many alt accounts you have Shockman, it will be what you call them and how you behave
If you call an alt 'Shockman2' and post like you were when they banned you, that account wont last long
But if you call yourself, say 'Moonwalker' and act like a new member, then the staff will not come looking for you

Besides, it is not how many friends you have or how many accounts you create, it is when you use the account (which will be at home) that the site will be aroused, when you post, the software logs your IP address, the staff can simply ban that IP address and all your alternative accounts will be blocked

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back