Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
TMNT
TheGyruss V1.2 released.

Thanks go to twisty for the idea and the original Gyruss Pack.

This table is free to mod and/or copy parts from.

Rules...

WARP awards 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, 1000 pts x multiplier and lites bumpers, 100 pts or 1000 pts when lit.
THEGYRUSS advances 10000 per planet bonus to Earth and awards 2000 pts x planets.
BONUS lites Hold Bonus, Hold Multiplier, Extra Ball, Special and then awards Special and awards 1000 pts x BONUS resets.
XY lites top kickback, top kickback scores 2000 pts x XY resets.
MB lites multiball, M or B lites lower kickback, jackpot (50000 pts) lit during multiball and all scores x2.
All targets score 100 pts, All rollovers score 200pts
X increases left spinner value by 100 pts up to 700 pts per spin.
Y increases right spinner value by 100 pts up to 700 pts per spin.
Left out lane scores 3000 pts and extra ball when lit.
Right outlane scores 700 pts and extra ball when lit.

All comments, feedback and bug reports welcome.

You may need to install the included font Verdana.

There is a music file, gyruss.mp3 to be placed in your music folder, this provides the background music. The table will still work without this file.

Link to Table.

http://savefile.com/files/8604470

Link to Music file.

http://savefile.com/files/6284218

You can adjust this table to play 1,2,3,4 or 5 balls per game via the script. Near the top of the script find the line..

balls = 3

Change the 3 to the number of balls per game.

All comments, feedback and bug reports most welcome.

Hey StevOz!

ThankYou for The Gyruss but the links don't work for me, you have space on this site to store the files, The screenshot looks Excellent!

:wink:

JonPurpleHaze said:
Hey StevOz!

ThankYou for The Gyruss but the links don't work for me, you have space on this site to store the files, The screenshot looks Excellent!

:wink:

I have space, mmmm, where? I've forgotten.

Anyhows the table has been bug fixed and updated, so I'll attach it here, you can also find this table at shivaSite and VP-Originals, once the update is approved.

Attachments

• thegyruss2.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 253
You'll also need the backing music for full effect. To be placed in your music folder.

Attachments

• gyrussmp3.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 239
TheGyruss.zip updated again, forgot to add a sound for extra ball, now in. I think I've got it nailed down tight this time.

Ok, I tried it out. The MB shot is too hard, IMO. I played 3 games and never hit it once. There's one other major shot and that's the orbit loop thing. It flows well left to right, but the right to left hits a stopper or something and makes me think there should be something there other than a bounce for stopping it instead of connecting the orbit. The rest seems to be mostly oodles and oodles of drop targets (not my favorite thing to shoot at).

The table looks fairly good. I like the score boxes, match feature and the gyruss music along with the animated pop bumpers. I think I'd just like some more things to shoot at than drop targets. I mean Gyruss was a unique video game. You went in a circle. So why do I feel like there should be a central spiral ramp (like in Pinbot or Earthshaker or Congo) used in the game somehow. Or even a couple of spiral ramps? I'm thinking some action like shoot drop targets to gain bullet and then shoot spiral ramp to wip out squadron so the gameplay feels like you're actually taking out bad guys. Some speech or something to indicate you're hitting them would be cool. But those are just some raw ideas off the top of my head.

The MB shot aint that hard, it just may take more then 3 games, I have hit it 3 times in 1 ball on occassion. The oribit shot is designed that way for the reason that the WARP lanes need to be advanced to score big points with the bonus multiplier.

I like targets, they give you something to vary your aim at, that last target makes the player think about the shot.

Didn't want to include speech as there was none in the original arcade game, the table uses only sounds ripped from the arcade rom using M1 and mechanical pinball sounds.

Thanks for the comments, so perhaps I'll try some ramps next time and a few less targets.

A few ramps are OK, but please don't add a lot of useless and unneeded flippers.

John

Actually I was thinking of a 3rd flipper..... :pirat:

:cat:

Hello anybody out there?

Anyhows, I've been through the script with a fine toothed comb and found a few errors and also adjusted the bumpers slightly. The new bumper setting stop a rather annoying drain rebound from the 2x bumper onto the THEGYRUSS, then SDTM.

This update can be done by just deleting the old script and replacing it with the attached text file.

The updated table also available attached in this thread.

Btw please do comment, say whatever you feel about the table and I will consider all suggestions.

Attachments

• gyrusscript.txt
    19.6 KB · Views: 377
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Itchigo has started a new thread called "Sounds library" in Visual Pinball and Visual PinMAME...
      Back