The Gyruss (Original) VP9

VP9 SS Original Table TheGyrussWS wide screen for VP9 released. v4 (widescreen) 2020-01-28

No permission to download
Solid State Machines

StevOz

Administrator
Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
TMNT
TheGyrussWS wide screen for VP9, best played @1920x1080.

Physics and flippers adjusted for VP9.

Many tweaks and some additions to the graphics, cutouts for drop targets and other adjustments.

1 to 4 players can play, press 5 to add credits and 1 to add players.

Game set to 3 balls, change line 26 balls = 3 to balls = (any value from 1 to 5).

A 1984 era SS pinball, made one year after the popular arcade game Gyruss, featuring sounds and graphics from the arcade game.

Zip file contains the file gyruss.mp3 move this to you pinball/music folder for the gyruss arcade game background music.

A fairly fast and challenging game, fast reflexes required, features 4 top lanes with lane change, ballsave, 2 inlanes, 2 outlanes, 2 kickbacks, 16 drop targets, 2 spinners, 3 pop bumpers, 2 ball multiball, hold bonus, hold multiplier, extra ball, specials and jackpot.

Rules...

WARP awards 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x, 6x, 7x, 1000 pts x multiplier and lites bumpers, 100 pts or 1000 pts when lit.
THEGYRUSS advances 10000 per planet bonus to Earth and awards 2000 pts x planets.
BONUS lites Hold Bonus, Hold Multiplier, Extra Ball, Special and then awards Special and awards 1000 pts x BONUS resets.
XY lites top kickback, top kickback scores 2000 pts x XY resets.
MB lites multiball, M or B lites lower kickback, jackpot (50000 pts) lit during multiball and all scores x2.
All targets score 100 pts, All rollovers score 200pts
X increases left spinner value by 100 pts up to 700 pts per spin.
Y increases right spinner value by 100 pts up to 700 pts per spin.
Left out lane scores 3000 pts and extra ball when lit.
Right outlane scores 700 pts and extra ball when lit.

All feedback most welcome, if you download it, a comment or two here would be nice.
smile.gif

Dedicated to JPH, it's got lotsa drop targets, perhaps a bit modern and fast for your tastes, do you have a widescreen monitor? It's a very undemanding VP9 game so should run easily even on older hardware.

Download here...

http://www.pinballnirvana.com/UpDownload-req-getit-lid-2146.html

*update to remove gate supports and improve shooter lane shot.

Attachments

• GyrussWS3.jpg
    GyrussWS3.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 407
Thanks for TheGyruss StevOz, just played 2 games and am hooked but failing miserably with the flippers, the game owes me a couple of saves.

Love all of the targets!

Attachments

• happytargets.gif
    happytargets.gif
    44.7 KB · Views: 321
Thanks Jon, though actually I need to update it and I've forgotten how or can't see that option. The gates need to have the supports unticked or else the ball can get stuck sometimes, new stupid VP9 feature I never knew about, since when did gates even have supports?

Thanks Jon, though actually I need to update it and I've forgotten how or can't see that option. The gates need to have the supports unticked or else the ball can get stuck sometimes, new stupid VP9 feature I never knew about, since when did gates even have supports?

Don't know about the gate supports but Thanks much for uploading the table and the newer VP9 version. The original download needs to be deleted and then upload the new version, not an update but since a long time ago updates weren't changing their dates and it created problems.

AH OK I can do that then, cheers for the info Jon, I'll fix it up then, the shooter lane works much better with them removed. Gate supports, what a stupid idea, I can't think of any real pinball machine that even has gate supports, crazy stuff.

Ok file updated new version uploaded with Gate adjustments to prevent possible ball jam and improve shooter lane shot.

Cool, Jon now has VP9.1.2

I wonder if he gave my Beatles table a play. :)

The Gyruss table is fun, it still needs modern posts and rubbers to complete the visual update.

Those are modern posts and rubbers, very modern 1 piece injection molded rubbers and the posts feature upper rubber grommets for extra plastics protection, the rubbers also reduce air balls (patent pending). ;)

why do the rubbers look like they are squared off on the sides?
other than that it looks cool!

why do the rubbers look like they are squared off on the sides?
other than that it looks cool!

That's the way I made it, those squared off rubbers you allude to are walls exactly calculated to be in those precise positions. Sure they could be made invisible and superficial rounded rubber images applied and rendered over these, though fact of the matter is it would not change the intended game play one bit and I think they look fine as is. Yes I actually use a calculator to formulate my layouts. ;)

It is in my short list of favorites. I created an icon and created a shortcut.

No mod except for my favorite ball. A damn fine original.

Actual size at extra large icons. They work at any format. I only made three so far.

Attachments

• shortcuts.png
    shortcuts.png
    211 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Flipper Hermann has left the room.
      Back