Pop Bumper Pete

Pinball Pirate
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
White Water
These ‘moments’ seem to be happening more often :(

Wednesday, I am in the shed preparing for a job over the weekend, get to a point and I say to myself ‘What I need now are cable ties!’
I know I have gotten some somewhere, but where?
I look in the most obvious places. No luck. Damn, now I will have to buy a packet, I only want one.
Thursday, cleaning up in my office.
Come across a plastic container, look inside, Cable Ties!!
Whoo Hoo
But what did I want them for?

So I put them where I will find them when I remember what I wanted them for.

This seems to happen more often.
Sucks

TheManFromPOST

You're getting old.

Right Kinsey :)

Happens to me all the bloody time. Packets of screws, odd sized nuts, washers, hooks etc. Got drawerfulls of them until I actually want one of the buggers - then they go into stealth mode! LOL :)

You know this?

You're ready to leave your flat/apartment/house, already prepared to close the door, but then you need to have a look at anything (iron, coffee machine,...) if it's switched off or want a drink before you leave, put the latchkey anywhere, then you do what you needed, then you return to the door. Where is the latchkey?

Yeah, halfway up the street and ...... doh! did I lock the back door / turn off the iron / close the windows. he he :)

Elton, that is obsessive/compulsive
My son will tell you stories about that
There is a door at work, I am never 100% sure that it has been locked.
I will check it 3 times before I go home, once a week I will return and check it again.
It is only one of the doors, the rest of them and the windows, I am not worried about, it is just the one door.

TMFP

i know this problem... i decide i want something or need to do something at the other end of the apartment. i walk over then can't remember what it was, so i walk back to my room. then i remember again. repeat like 3x. at least it's nice to get a little exercice. :)

in the past year the area of my brain related to language and vocabulary seems to be going downhill. i've always had strong vocabulary and spelling- in school i was always picked to be in spelling bees and i got like 700 out of 800 on verbal SAT. nowadays i can't remember how to spell routine words and i'm always substituting homophones for the word i like, such as "wear" for "where" and "no" for "know", etc.

christ, i'm only 40, not 65... :(

Re: RE: These ‘moments’ seem to be happening more often :(

TheManFromPOST said:
Elton, that is obsessive/compulsive
My son will tell you stories about that
There is a door at work, I am never 100% sure that it has been locked.
I will check it 3 times before I go home, once a week I will return and check it again.
It is only one of the doors, the rest of them and the windows, I am not worried about, it is just the one door.

TMFP

I have a garage door like that. Forever checking it. There's no car in it, only tools - lots of tools. :) Was burgled once before we moved to this house so my 'checking' hormones have worked overtime ever since :)

you need to buy a stomach flattener
then you could find your ties :lol: :wink:

Tii said:
you need to buy a stomach flattener
then you could find your ties :lol: :wink:

I have a stomach flattener, but I forgot where I put it :dammit:

Bob between the avatar and the smiley
your officially a dirty, honery old man! :) :wink:

How's about your memory for names?

An annoying moment is short (in minutes) after someone introduced you to a few people and when you like to address one of them you already don't remember the name! :(

Good that it was that way always, so it's not increasing. :lol:

as soon as more than one or two people have been introduced by name i immediately forget all the names, but then i've always been like that.

this used to bother me and make me feel embarrassed but i don't worry about it now. a quick apology followed by asking the person's name again and problem solved. nobody ever seems to be offended, and if they are, it's prolly not someone that's worth talking to anyway...

nicolas.b said:
this used to bother me and make me feel embarrassed but i don't worry about it now. a quick apology followed by asking the person's name again and problem solved. nobody ever seems to be offended, and if they are, it's prolly not someone that's worth talking to anyway...

Right, same here.

There's another thing about names. You hear a music track and it's an old well known song, but you can't remember the name of the title and of the artist. :scratch:

Al Bundys (Ed O’Neill) turn in 'Married... with Children' at record shop looking for such a track. He performed: "Mmmhh". :rof:

Ditto. Especially about music. I love Pink Floyd and probably know most of their tracks inside out .... just don't ask me to name any of them :) And I thought it was just me LOL

There is a song about a wall. Who performed that and what was the title of it? :trippy:

Wasn't that a hit by the Bricklayers :?: or was it the Foundations ..... Mmmmmmm. See what I mean useless I am. :s :p

Is it the one Humpty Dumpty sat on? :banghead:

No, and it's not the one from the "Kleine Wanze" nursery rhyme!

(mauer=wall)

Auf der Mauer, auf der Lauer
sitzt 'ne kleine Wanze.
Seht euch nur die Wanze an,
wie die Wanze tanzen kann!
sitzt 'ne kleine Wanze.

sitzt 'ne kleine Wanz.
Seht euch nur die Wanz an,
wie die Wanz tanz kann!

sitzt 'ne kleine Wan.
Seht euch nur die Wan an,
wie die Wan tan kann!

sitzt 'ne kleine Wa.
Seht euch nur die Wa an,
wie die Wa ta kann!

sitzt 'ne kleine W.
Seht euch nur die W an,
wie die W t kann!

Sitzt 'ne kleine -.
Seht euch nur die - an,
wie die - - kann!

Wanze=
250px-Wanze.jpg
[/url]

whoa, any song about a beetle has got to be a GREAT SONG!

yogiholzer said:
I mean: "... wall". :scratchchin:
:rof:
You are a tease Yogi

yogiholzer said:
Don't know that one sorry, but do you sing it to the tune of Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd :?: :woohoo:

Yeah also we have lots of these bugs in our garden too .... only a little smaller LOL. :chat:

elton said:
yogiholzer said:
I mean: "... wall". :scratchchin:
:rof:
You are a tease Yogi

No! :D

elton said:
yogiholzer said:

Don't know that one sorry, but do you sing it to the tune of Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd :?: :woohoo:

No, I don't sing it to the tune of Another Brick in the Wall by Pink Floyd. I don't think it's the same tune I know of. But I sing "... wall" to the tune of Another Brick in the Wall. :lol:

It was meant as joke about your earlier post about the songs of Pink Floyd. :cry:

There is another song about a bug(?)/beetle or whatever the right name is: Karl der Käfer. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gänsehaut_(Band)

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: keefus is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back