Staff member
Site Supporters
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Drop-A-Card
Happy Birthday @StevOz!

Hope you have a great day and year!

Users, feel free to use this thread (or start your own) to announce your birthday or to wish others your birthday wishes.

A little history, the old site from a year ago with VB listed all users birthdays that were on that day on the home page and I knew that this software also had this feature also but with some changes. I thought it was broken but I saw Today's Birthdays on the home page, have to investigate...

:birthday::birthdayboy:

Last edited:
Cool happy birthday to me then! :pint:

Bought myself a new folding ebike a month or so ago, it's great and my only transport, gets me there and back no sweat.

Complete with after market ghetto blaster and plush ebay seat.

Attachments

• ebike.jpg
    ebike.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Excellent the postman has just been, and I've scored myself another new part for my bike.

New hydraulic disc brakes to replace the very average mechanical disc brake units. :birthday:

Attachments

• brakes.jpg
    brakes.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 104
Sleepy/Arne would have been 67 years old today. I've often wondered what he would say about everything going on in the world today. Hope you all are doing well.

Last edited:
@Sleepy's Sister,
Thanks for sharing that, Kathy. :)

You know as I've been doing a lot of archiving & restoration around here the past year, I frequently bump in to Arne's threads and discussions. Usually, as I take a look again, there's good stuff for me to ponder or get interested in. He sure was quite a fascinating character.

I also kind of regret that I wasn't always mature enough to handle him. He had a heart of gold as I see it, but sometimes he could kind of unwittingly annoy me or get a little weird for me with various rambles. Lacking a certain amount of people-experience at the time, I wasn't always able to follow along effectively.

But, heavens, could he talk in great detail and length about any number of subjects, not a few of them quite over my head! Which is why it's so much fun to re-read his stuff here.

Also... dare I broach it... I think the one or two areas I was most confused by was the "Hollywood hazing" stuff, and/or all the alleged stolen idea / patents of his. I'm not sure how much Arne discussed it with family, but he would bring it up here a lot, pretty much out of the blue, at times.

In any case, I do miss him. I think he'd be a lot of fun to talk to these days, as I work away on my site-restoration stuff.

Come to think of it, he used to have a site a long time that I had bookmarked on a different machine. It wasn't just pinball-related, but included some other stuff, IIRC. Wish I could figure out what the URL was, but all I can say right now is that I think it was called "Sleepy's Stuff" with a big blinking eye graphic.

Anyway, Kathy, how's it going on your end? Feel free to drop by sometimes and say "hi!" I'm not sure we ever heard about how the music project worked out for... your grandson, was it?

Happy Birthday @jpsalas.

If anyone deserves a Happy Birthday this man does. :birthday:

I still remember his first table at Rogue, bonus points if you can name it. ;)

Happy Birthday, JP!

I have more stuff to research about birthday displays now that I'm more confused, I noticed that JP is currently listed in the Members section for birthdays but it isn't displaying on the front page yet. I'm mentioning "yet" because you are 1 day ahead of me right now and he is listed as 2/25?

I somehow remembered a 12 year old thread about this!

I suck at bonus points but I'll guess Scared Stiff but I'm using a listing of his Resources that are currently assigned to him.

Regardless, time to post the old pinball birthday cake image that I found years ago!
pinball_birthday_cake-jpg.13882

Wrong @JonPurpleHaze

Hint #1

It was an original.
Wha~at?
How many excellent pin-sim JP's are there, anyway?

I thought you weirdos were talking about JP Renault, i.e. Popotte!

JP Salas is... like... everything that Pacdude ever wished he could be, but... he hasn't posted here for ages! My point is that JP is our resident JP... er, quel non?

Actually I was wrong about the Rogue connection it was actually Pinball Originals or VP Originals as it was back then.

Hint #2

It was based upon an arcade game.

I have more stuff to research about birthday displays now that I'm more confused, I noticed that JP is currently listed in the Members section for birthdays but it isn't displaying on the front page yet. I'm mentioning "yet" because you are 1 day ahead of me right now and he is listed as 2/25?

A update, it's past midnight for me and he now shows up on the home page! Still think it's strange that his birthday was in the Members section before my midnight...

Ok times up, you all fail. :p

A. Nemesis

Juan Pedro and Jean Pierre are the same (spanish - french).
Concerning JP, I think it's an original about Smurf (strange, isn't it?).

;)

;)
Huh, I don't remember that one at all!

Anyway, tracked it down and uploaded here.

Happy Birthday @druadic !!!
Your work is appreciated!!!
Have a great day!!

Thank you for the birthday wishes.

I wish to apologize to all those waiting for me to release something but I have so much going on right now so it's not been going the way I intended. I'm really sorry.

Hope to have something soon but who knows. With disability, suing my landlord (and I won this first time and I have another lawsuit coming for him), the house closing moving date from the 15th to the 28th, my mother literally breaking her back and ending up in the hospital for two months and now currently going through therapy....the list goes on.

BUT I will do what I can to see what else I can kick out as I have some pretty RARE and nice images waiting to be played in VPX 6. Until VPX 7 is finalized I will continue to use 6.

Thanks for the understanding folks!

@druadic,
Geez, sorry to hear all that, Will.
But also good to hear about the positive stuff.

Hope all goes well, and I'll have to catch up with you when you're not in the middle of things.

Later, I might even have a question or two for you, as I was recently able to use GIMP to restore a bingo PF (Malibu Beach, Bally '78), and figure maybe I should try to convert it to VPX7.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back