VP9 SS Recreation TONS of updated VPM tables...!!

Solid State Machines

kristian

Pinball Wizard
Reaction score
All updated for VP9:

Algar
Alien Poker
Scorpion
Black Knight
Cosmic Gunfight
Warlok
Stellar Wars
Contact
Lights...Camera...Action!
Solar Fire
Star Light

etc. etc.

All tables are backwards compatible...but pop bumpers might give you visual glitches on VP8 now.

Some additional work done for Alien Poker and Cosmic Gunfight....a few improved graphics details here and there...!!

Enjoy...!!

PS: I will be adding more updated VPM tables all the time...my goal is to get all my VPM tables working for VP9...!!

Download Algar and Seawitch again...some small VP9 bugfixes.

Thanks very much Kristian don't forget Cybernaut! :)

Also Cosmic Gunfight freezes up on loading through 9.1...and I hope Fartian updates VP-MAN because I can't get any table to load with 9.1 through the front-end...but on CG I tried just running straight VP and it freezes up on loading and rendering the table, but works fine with 8.1! :)

@marv: I just tested Cosmic Gunfight with 9.1 and it works fine here....how does it "freeze" for you?

Can someone else confirm this too?

I don't care for praise....recognition...anything....but all kind of technical feedback is very important...!!

marv75 - as soon as Fartian sees his PM or the post about it, it will be fixed. There was a minor change to the command line for VP9 and it'll be easy to correct. Until then, loading the tables from within the editor will work. What happens when you try to load CG in the editor? It just sits there with the loading blue bars, or something else?

LASER CUE

I accidentally uploaded wrong (non-updated) file which didn't have the updated plunger speed....redownload this table now...!!

It's only natural that mistakes happen when you update 30-something tables in one day...keep the (possible) bug reports coming...!

marv75 - as soon as Fartian sees his PM or the post about it, it will be fixed. There was a minor change to the command line for VP9 and it'll be easy to correct. Until then, loading the tables from within the editor will work. What happens when you try to load CG in the editor? It just sits there with the loading blue bars, or something else?

Yeah it just sat there with the loading bars...will try it again! :)

Thanks for all of those
updates,Kristian. :thumleft:

You're welcome....

@marv: I think Destruk and TAB? updated Cybernaut after it left my hands...I just checked and it works fine with VP9.

Redownload Black Knight (fixed small upper pf transparency glitch) and Laser Ball...gate problem fixed....!!

I hope they're all 100% now.

You're welcome....

@marv: I think Destruk and TAB? updated Cybernaut after it left my hands...I just checked and it works fine with VP9.

Okey Dokey...hopefully you guys can upload it somehow I lost the tbale...thanks again Kristian! :) Also Stellar Wars froze up on the preparing table window...just letting ya know...and have you uploaded Lights, Camera, Action 'cuz I don't see it here yet...again thanks to all for their efforts! :)

Last edited:
i dont mean to sound pushy or anything, but...
do you think you could include the version number in the filename of the archive?

i have no idea if i'v been downloading the final versions :(

@highwayman: There are ONLY the new versions now...you can see from the file description in the download area....all new tables have the description "VP9 Fix" and "NEW" marked red in them...!! In VP editor you can click "table info" to see the version number...!!

@Marv: LCA uploaded...I don't know where it went...I swear I uploaded it...but it should be there now....!!

Thanks again Kristian LCA is truly a masterpiece! :)

Additional fixes for

Firepower II
Stellar Wars
Solar Fire

thanks to vpforums.org members for the feedback and error reports...Defender and Jungle Lord still need some tweaks for VP9.

redownload away...!!

More fixes for

Lights...Camera...Action!
Force II

Redownload.

thanks to vpf.org for the error reports...!!

Now it's only Defender that needs a small fix and all these tables have been successfully updated for VP....!!

Kristian, did you play those new tables with the new VP9 nudge?

If so.... Any comments?

@Bob: I haven't played them excessively yet...but I will. But people say the new nudge is a slight improvement...!!

@Bob: I haven't played them excessively yet...but I will. But people say the new nudge is a slight improvement...!!
Try nudging on a new table (or any other table without tilt) and see if you still think that. My favorite part is that if you use the center nudge liberally you can make it so that the ball never makes it down to the flippers.

Try nudging on a new table (or any other table without tilt) and see if you still think that. My favorite part is that if you use the center nudge liberally you can make it so that the ball never makes it down to the flippers.

Really?

Well that don't seem right to me, we had a real GnR machine at the local tavern with a broken tilt mechanism, you could really throw that machine about and short of actually lifting it 2 feet of the ground there was no way you could force the ball to stay in play by merely nudging it, no matter how hard or often you nudged.

:) Yeah, that was the point. Perhaps the sarcasm was lost in translation.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: StevOz has posted a new reply in the thread "Post interesting videos you found on YouTube".
      Back