TRON Classic (Original, 2022) VPX

VPX Gottlieb SS Original Table TRON Classic (Original, 2022) VPX v2.1 VPX7.2

No permission to download
Solid State Machines
Yeah, wow, looks like a whole new table.
The blue shapes fading in near the top, and the lit outlines around objects really make the grade. Also very cool how he created the lightcycle trails to accompany the models.

So when adding 3d models like those, do you know if it's possible to have them do anything, like move around or get replaced by similar models in order to create animations, like blinking or changing shape?

If there's one thing that I think gets a little stale in pin sims, it's adding a shape just to add a shape. OTOH, toys that react in some way to what's happening in the game are pretty badass IMO.

Yeah, wow, looks like a whole new table.
The blue shapes fading in near the top, and the lit outlines around objects really make the grade. Also very cool how he created the lightcycle trails to accompany the models.

So when adding 3d models like those, do you know if it's possible to have them do anything, like move around or get replaced by similar models in order to create animations, like blinking or changing shape?

If there's one thing that I think gets a little stale in pin sims, it's adding a shape just to add a shape. OTOH, toys that react in some way to what's happening in the game are pretty badass IMO.

The 3D models can be animated, like the Linebacker on the NFL table.
So it is possible if you know how to do that sort of thing.

There's some nice possibilities in this game.

I'm imagining an actual lightcycle race going on, with one of the four cycles in the lead at all times, and you have the corresponding model lit (via edging/outlines probably) to indicate that.

The player tries to hit shots to pull moves and overtake the leader, and when they do, the model physically zooms ahead a little bit to indicate it took the lead, before settling back in to position.

At the same time, if the player fails to hit shots on a timely basis, they can fall back in position.

In the middle of the PF (at the level of the PF floor), there's a rough, simplified mockup of the grid, with lightcycles indicated by blips. Simple animations depict a lightcycle passing another, or one getting knocked off the board. Wouldn't have to be anything fancy, just enough to simulate the look & feel of the game.

Naturally, the table's sounds and dialogue would be synced to how the current lightcycle game is going.

I'm not sure when a round would end. Could be end of ball, end of timer, or until a certain goal is met? Flynn's team is trying to escape vs the red team simply trying to destroy them. Something like that.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: JonPurpleHaze has posted a new reply in the thread "What music are you listening to?".
      Back