VP8 Flipperless Recreation Two Poosh M Up bagtelle released with the same name

tiltjlp

PN co-founder
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Flying Trapeze 1934
Patrick & tiltjlp are releasing a pair of Poosh M Up tables which oddly enough, are both named Streamliner. Made some 25-30 years apart, they have little in common other than a name. Both are interesting bagatelle, but Streamliner 1 is not only from the WWII era, but a rarity among Poosh M Ups.

Streamliner 1 has fewer than 20 pins, using instead four metal diverters near the top of the playfield, and a pair of large wooden diverters near the bottom. Another surprise is a pair of Repeater Cups, which when a ball landed in one or the other, the ball was removed and put back into play. In our version, when a ball lands in a Repeater Cup, a ball is created in the other Repeater Cup, and is kicked back in play, and another ball is launched.

Streamliner 1 is a high scoring game, as far as bagatelle go, and while all cups can be hit with the proper nudging, to make your task a bit more difficult, an Auto Launch feature is used. Since it has a “war time” theme, battle sounds are used, not to glorify war, but for more realism. Unlike most of the Poosh M Up bagatelle, this game only offered scoring based on the cup scores, and not their usual 4 or 5 game scoring system, shown in their graphics.

Streamliner 2, which was probably made in the mid 60s to early 70s, may well have been one of the last Poosh M Ups to be made. It offers graphics for Five Game scoring, as well as three slanted scoring cups, which while difficult to hit, can be made, if you learn just when and how to nudge.

Scoring for Streamliner 2 is more in line with standard bagatelle, in that individual cup totals are low, except for the Home Run Cup, offering 2,500. The sounds used in this game are a much lighter assortment than those found in Streamliner 1. As always, read the Table Information for both Poosh M Up company history and details on multiple scoring methods. Both tables use lowered pins, a technique Bob showed me, and which will be used for now on. Enjoy. Get them here.

http://pinballnirvana.com/modules.p...download&sid=10&min=20&orderby=titleA&show=20

John

Attachments

• streamliner2.jpg
    streamliner2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 536
  • streamliner1.jpg
    streamliner1.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 546
  • Poosh M Up Streamliner - 5 Games in One (Northwestern Products)(195x).zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 5
  • Poosh M Up Streamliner (Northwestern Products)(194x).zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi John,

Just a note to say that the Streamliner2 DL link only goes to the screen shot.

CU

RH

Thanks for the heads up Rocky. Someone else mentioned that, and I have uploaded the correct table zip. I'll be interested in knowing what folks think of these two. I find the WWII table to be frustrating because of the diverters, but really cool, becuase of the Repeater Cups, which launch an extra ball. The older one is a real challenge for me with those slanted cups, which are extremely hard to land in. Both of these put an added premium on nudging, and it isn't difficult to over-nudge either table. Now all I have to do is decide which one to do next.

John

Stremliner2 updated

Well folks, I dropped the ball on this one, and released it before I should have, so it had some playability flaws. That's what I get for rushing it, but I had Stremliner1 all ready to go, and I wanted to make a dual release, so I got sloppy. Sorry about that. Version 2.2 has the dropwall I forgot, so the ball doesn't return to the plunger on strong launches. I also adjusted the placement of a few pins, and made a couple other minor improvements. The game now plays as it should, and with the twesking, nudging is needed more than ever. You can get the corrected version by following this link.

http://pinballnirvana.com/modules.p...download&sid=10&min=20&orderby=titleA&show=20

John :oops:

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: Popotte has posted a new reply in the thread "How Do I Move a DMD on the Backbox Using Script...
      Back