Vectorized Graphics Site(s)

forchia

Pinball Player
Reaction score
I was looking for artwork to use on tables, and I discovered this awesome site:

http://www.localarcade.com/arcade_art/index.php

If features tons of logos / fonts that can be used into tables. Most of them are vectorized artwork (Adobe Illustrator), really useful and excellent quality.

hope it will comes in handy to someone.
Tomaso

ps: if you know any other site with good graphic / vectorized graphics that can be useful for table development, don't hesitate to post the link!

ps2: if the link was already posted in some other thread, my apologies in advance for the double post.

very nice find and a bookmarkable one at that. One of these days, I have to get illustrator (I'm not above having people send me cheques).

Vectors are nice, because you can rescale a image a lot better and with no loss of quality.

I also like a lot vector graphic, for the reason you pointed out.
Another really great site is the following (actually addressed by nozoom at VPF, but I think it would be useful to have the link also here at PN):

http://www.pinball-artwork.com

So, would someone kindly explain what a vector is and the how/what/and why of it?

i don't know if I am be able to explain it in a good fashion, but just to put it simple, here's an excerpt from Adobe Illustrator help (Illustrator is one of the leading software for Vector graphic):

About vector graphics and bitmap images
Computer graphics fall into two main categories—vector graphics and bitmap images.

Vector graphics: Vector graphics are made of lines and curves defined by mathematical objects called vectors. You can freely resize or magnify vector graphics without losing sharpness, because they are resolution-independent—the number of pixels used to display a vector graphic is determined by the resolution of the monitor or printer, not by the graphic itself. This is because a vector graphic is not converted to pixels until it is displayed or printed. The objects you create using the drawing tools in the InDesign Toolbox are examples of vector graphics.

Bitmap images: Bitmap images, also called raster images, are composed of small squares, known as pixels, that lie on grids (also known as bitmaps or rasters). Bitmap images are the most common electronic medium for such continuous-tone images as photographs or images created in painting programs like Adobe Photoshop. Bitmap images are resolution-dependent—that is, they represent a fixed number of pixels. As a result, they can lose detail and appear jagged if they are scaled larger on-screen or if they are printed at a higher resolution than they were created for.
Bitmap images often require large amounts of storage space, and often need to be compressed to keep file sizes down. You compress an image file in its original application before you import it into InDesign.

Thanks for the answer forchia, I sort of maybe understand it.

Thanks forchia.

Actually I've been to the 1st site mentioned, I got the sideart from Gyruss there to use for my spinners, that second site is awesome also. Anyhows here's a tip for us graphically challenged folks.

You can use Adobe Reader to view those .ai files, zoom and/or rotate them to fill the page, then take a screenshot and now you have a nice easy to use .bmp, I always use irfanview for taking screenshots, that way it's ready for editing or conversion.

forchia said:
I also like a lot vector graphic, for the reason you pointed out.
Another really great site is the following (actually addressed by nozoom at VPF, but I think it would be useful to have the link also here at PN):

http://www.pinball-artwork.com
Very good french site... A lot of good stuff...

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: Beers is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back