Visual Pinball X.7 (standalone EXE)

VPX Support File Visual Pinball X.7 (standalone EXE) latest pre-release

No permission to download
Nik....what language are you writing in above:shockedalien:?

Come ho spiegato, fanculo a tutti.

But yah, it's 'ancient Sumerian,' ala Rosetta Stone.

Just trying to be silly, as usual. :p

That bloated piece of...? THAT steaming load? Like, *that* Unity...?
Holy-wankerfluffle, Terry... that shit is the slowest, non-behaving pile of *recycling* I've ever run... at least on the various platforms I've tested / tried.

$%@#!&*^ Lord Lucifer (mightiest of devils) help us all if the next iteration of VP-FP-BAM is in doggone "Unity." This is all just a silly prank, right?
Right...??

So you've ever "run" Unity? Tell us more about it. Can't wait getting more sophisticated feedback from a veteran game dev as you seem to be.

So you've ever "run" Unity? Tell us more about it. Can't wait getting more sophisticated feedback from a veteran game dev as you seem to be.
Easy there, matey. I was only venting there, with an emphasis on being silly. Pardon any offense, and thank you for all your good work on the various pin sim-related projects.

But no, Freezy-- I'm only a Unity user at this point. Admittedly my PC and android aren't the newest or the gamiest, but for whatever reason, Unity apps have never run quickly or easily on any platform I've tried. It almost seems like there's a built-in overhead that needs to accompany even the simplest of apps, different than my experiences with html, java, flash, and even VP & FP to an extent.

I take it then you're also helping on the new unified pin sim Unity project? Is there a good place to read about progress on that? Thanks.

Well, in general, criticizing something harshly without specific evidence will offend someone. That you're comparing apples with oranges doesn't help. And yes, there is a good place to read about progress, Terry posted it and then referred to it again in this thread.

Well,Well,Well......I also understood that it was an ironic outburst, that of Issac..... but this too could offend ?? ..... mmmmmm ..... so the language barrier also applies to an American and Canadian ??? that you two also speak English:shockedalien:.....certainly comparing apples to oranges, and how to say comparing a Sicilian with an Italian??

Well, in general, criticizing something harshly without specific evidence will offend someone. That you're comparing apples with oranges doesn't help. And yes, there is a good place to read about progress, Terry posted it and then referred to it again in this thread.
True enough, although "apples and oranges?" Not sure about that one. I've only talked about my personal experiences with Unity, not anything more.

TBH I was also a bit gobsmacked learning that Unity is evidently an excellent framework for the new project. The surprise was genuine, and I like learning from my ignorance.

I'm also a bit scattered and overwhelmed in the modern pin sim scene. Both because of the projects I'm working on myself, and trying to keep up with all the amazing stuff others are working on.

@ Paulo,
Freezy is evidently from Schweiz though, not Terry / Bob / Paul-land, where the beavers politely deliver maple syrup to your door each morning.

Freezy is evidently from Schweiz though, not Terry / Bob / Paul-land, where the beavers politely deliver maple syrup to your door each morning.
I like it or maple syrup, especially in pancakes:razz:

True enough, although "apples and oranges?" Not sure about that one.
It's like saying you don't like C++ because your Windows is slow.

Unity made the moronic decision to show the Unity splash screen when you're building with the free tier, resulting in amateur games advertise it, while games made by professional studios with the Pro license don't show they're made with Unity. Maybe that's the reason for your feelings.

There are many complaints about Unity, but performance issues ain't one of them.

:oops:sorry freezy....the little flag confused me, that I mistook you for a Canadian

Well, that's the thing-- one's prior experience with a variety of software platforms will naturally build a set of expectations upon general performance, making whatever else stand out that much more. That's all on the same machine, mind you.

Unity has always stood out that way IME, hence my reaction.

Unity made the moronic decision to show the Unity splash screen when you're building with the free tier, resulting in amateur games advertise it, while games made by professional studios with the Pro license don't show they're made with Unity. Maybe that's the reason for your feelings.

There are many complaints about Unity, but performance issues ain't one of them.
Makes sense, I think.

And it's true, a good bit of Unity stuff I've tried has been browser-based, likely by people who are still learning their way around the code. Or something like that.

Freezy, I'm sorry for my for stupid dumbassery, above.
I can be a total idiot sometimes.
Please forgive me, mate?

No worries man. If you have any questions about the project, just ask..

Apparently I'm moderated now, so on second thought, you'll get a quicker response at VPU or VPF..

No problemo @freezy

Previous post approved.

No idea why the forum software decided to moderate your post?

Artificial intelligence perhaps. :geekdance:

You shouldn't be moderated at all. The software has shown a couple burps lately, but it may be a server thing as well.
My own personal experiences with unity has done nothing but show to me that it is too complex for me to learn. Having to learn a new scripting language after 20 years, and the fact I'm getting to old to spend the months doing so was the thing. Leave that for the younger people.
Always like a another editor to join the mix, I just hope it's a lot easier to use than other unity based attempts.

Thanks for sorting that out so fast. (I wasn't logged when typing the comment, then it asked to login after submitting the comment, after which it posted automatically, but moderated.)

@shiva I wouldn't worry too much about complexity. We're spending an insane amount of time to make it as accessible as possible. If you're working on a ROM table, chances are that you don't need to touch any code at all.

Well, I don't do roms. Have to see what kind of a learning curve there is with everything else, but I may just keep to fpxengine development as you don't need to do scripting or design work either.

@Isaac Sauvage

Sorry for the idiotic question......but why does the download take me to another site?

I understand that constantly updated ..... but the installing version 10.7 where is it?
I don't want to update it every day,I would prefer an exe that is available, and maybe reliable,in downloader.

Sorry for the idiotic question......but why does the download take me to another site?

I understand that constantly updated ..... but the installing version 10.7 where is it?
I don't want to update it every day,I would prefer an exe that is available, and maybe reliable,in downloader.
- Well, the "other site" is in fact the official dev & release source for the VP & VPM lines. So that's as official and as good as it's ever going to get.

- VPX.7 is still only a pre-release right now, and not the final version. Mirroring it offsite would be troublesome, because every time the pre-release advanced a step, it would need to be updated on every mirror site.

- After you land at GitHub, click on the top (latest) VPX.7 entry. You should now see the attached view. The first two options are for testers, the second two (highlighted) are for end-users, and the last two are for coders. You're going to want to choose one of the highlighted versions. "x86" for older-style CPU architecture, and "x64" for modern, 64-bit CPU architecture.

- There's no reason to worry about updating the VPX.7 (or future) pre-releases, unless there's a new feature you need to run a particular table, or a new feature that you prefer over VPX.6. Examples of both can be seen in the resource entry. Otherwise, you're fine just sticking to VPX.6.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• VPX.7 versions to choose from.jpg
    VPX.7 versions to choose from.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 63
Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: blackspatular is our newest member. Welcome!
      Back