Gottlieb Volcano (Gottlieb, 1981) crackling sounds

PinballDude369

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Haunted House
Hello all,

Random crackling and static has been coming from my Volcano pin speakers. I replaced them months ago, but that didn't take care of the problem. I figured the game could use new speakers anyway. Even in attract mode when no sound effects are played sometimes crackling and static will still emit. Can anyone help me to solve this issue? Much thanks.

Hello all,

Random crackling and static has been coming from my Volcano pin speakers. I replaced them months ago, but that didn't take care of the problem. I figured the game could use new speakers anyway. Even in attract mode when no sound effects are played sometimes crackling and static will still emit. Can anyone help me to solve this issue? Much thanks.
When you get hum thru the speakers the problem is usually filter capacitors are bad.
crackling noises usually are variable resistors going bad, the ones on the board and maybe a master volume control on the door.

General chit-chat
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Chat Bot Mibs Chat Bot Mibs: roachie has left the room.
      Back