Gottlieb Volcano (Gottlieb, 1981) won't reset to play a game

PinballDude369

Inserted Coin
Solutions
Reaction score
Favorite Pinball Machine
Haunted House
Hello,

Recently, my Volcano pin stopped resetting after power up in order to play a game. We had a party and I'm wondering if one of our guests hit something wrong and caused these problems. When I push the start button and the drop targets would reset and the ball would eject, but not anymore. Now when you push the start button it displays player one on the displays and indicates ball one, but doesn't do anything else or have sound. I've checked the fuses and they all seem fine and the switch behind the front door and the tilt roll-up on the left inside are in proper positions. The game goes into display mode fine, but no sound there either. Not sure where to look now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,

Recently, my Volcano pin stopped resetting after power up in order to play a game. We had a party and I'm wondering if one of our guests hit something wrong and caused these problems. When I push the start button and the drop targets would reset and the ball would eject, but not anymore. Now when you push the start button it displays player one on the displays and indicates ball one, but doesn't do anything else or have sound. I've checked the fuses and they all seem fine and the switch behind the front door and the tilt roll-up on the left inside are in proper positions. The game goes into display mode fine, but no sound there either. Not sure where to look now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Check in the back box on the cpu board if it has the battery still installed yet near the bottom left of the board. Or if the battery was removed a off board battery holder may have been installed.

Check in the back box on the cpu board if it has the battery still installed yet near the bottom left of the board. Or if the battery was removed a off board battery holder may have been installed.
Hello and sorry for my long delay,
I checked and the battery is still there and working fine. The game still won't actually start. I conducted the self-test and even the solenoids won't pulse. The self-test even seems a little slow to respond.

Hello and sorry for my long delay,
I checked and the battery is still there and working fine. The game still won't actually start. I conducted the self-test and even the solenoids won't pulse. The self-test even seems a little slow to respond.
Many of my gottlieb repairs came from cleaning of the boards edge connectors and reseating of the wire connectors to the boards. Gottlieb’s also have been known to have ground problems that need modification. Pin wiki has good info for this era of machine.

Forum activity
Help Users
You can interact with the ChatGPT Bot in any Chat Room and there is a dedicated room. The command is /ai followed by a space and then your ? or inquiry.
ie: /ai What is a EM Pinball Machine?
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
      Mibs Mibs: GeorgeH has posted a new reply in the thread "How to Install Addressable LEDs".
      Back